No bye week for the O and need to buy D tickets to Hawaii

King Dog

Reaction score
Offense doesn't deserve a bye week. They need to stay in Seattle and try and get things right. They should however buy the entire defense tickets to Hawaii or something. Great job D!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I mean, what about special teams players who are nominally on offense?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hgwellz12":12a0wzo5 said:
I get the sentiment...but, yeah. Now, Earl and SRich shouldn't have to buy a dinner or pump their own gas for the next 6 months.

Don't forget that baller Frankie with that speed rush. Good lord.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
With respect I honestly don't get what you guys expect.

We have all the money invested on defense. They did great as we expect them to and deserve praise. We spend near the bottom of the league on offense. Russell ran for his life on every play and the offense got us ahead when needed

scutterhawk

Reaction score
King Dog":twowhihw said:
Offense doesn't deserve a bye week. They need to stay in Seattle and try and get things right. They should however buy the entire defense tickets to Hawaii or something. Great job D!
The much more experienced D are getting the lions share of $$$$$$$$, they can afford to pay their own way to Hawaii.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Scorpion05":kw18tqp9 said:
With respect I honestly don't get what you guys expect.

We have all the money invested on defense. They did great as we expect them to and deserve praise. We spend near the bottom of the league on offense. Russell ran for his life on every play and the offense got us ahead when needed

Ditto. I think by seasons' end the O will be running quite smoothly. Until then, the D can do their thing; that's why they're getting paid.

CPHawk

Reaction score
King Dog":2wuinxni said:

They played great TODAY, but the d has been pretty bad up to this point. The O was more than good enough to beat the Titans, so I don't want to hear the D complain.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The offense hangs the defense out to dry at least five times more often than the reverse happens; and our biggest problem's income doesn't fall under the salary cap, so the "most of our money is invested in defense" argument is weak at best.

CPHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1c4rgu2l said:
The offense hangs the defense out to dry at least five times more often than the reverse happens; and our biggest problem's income doesn't fall under the salary cap, so the "most of our money is invested in defense" argument is weak at best.

Not saying the O doesn't, just that the D hasn't exactly been lighting it on fire until today. The O does need to step it up more, and I hope this is the start of the D finally being what we all thought it could be when we landed Richardson.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
They put a nice long drive together, converted 3rd downs, and scored in the red-zone against a pretty good defense. I'm going to consider that some level of progress.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I'm just happy for the bye week. I think it best that it came early. There are a whole string of very winnable games coming up, but the defense needs to rest, and the offense needs to fix whats broken.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
King Dog":2i3ptswy said:
The defense can afford to pay their own way. Russell needs to be a good bit of his earnings into long term care policies.