Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

No bye week for the O and need to buy D tickets to Hawaii

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Offense doesn't deserve a bye week. They need to stay in Seattle and try and get things right. They should however buy the entire defense tickets to Hawaii or something. Great job D!
    Last edited by King Dog on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• I don't think that's how it works.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• I mean, what about special teams players who are nominally on offense?
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• I get the sentiment...but, yeah. Now, Earl and SRich shouldn't have to buy a dinner or pump their own gas for the next 6 months.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• hgwellz12 wrote:I get the sentiment...but, yeah. Now, Earl and SRich shouldn't have to buy a dinner or pump their own gas for the next 6 months.

Don't forget that baller Frankie with that speed rush. Good lord.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• With respect I honestly don't get what you guys expect.

We have all the money invested on defense. They did great as we expect them to and deserve praise. We spend near the bottom of the league on offense. Russell ran for his life on every play and the offense got us ahead when needed
    Scorpion05
    NET Rookie

• King Dog wrote:Offense doesn't deserve a bye week. They need to stay in Seattle and try and get things right. They should however buy the entire defense tickets to Hawaii or something. Great job D!

The much more experienced D are getting the lions share of $$$$$$$$, they can afford to pay their own way to Hawaii.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Scorpion05 wrote:With respect I honestly don't get what you guys expect.

We have all the money invested on defense. They did great as we expect them to and deserve praise. We spend near the bottom of the league on offense. Russell ran for his life on every play and the offense got us ahead when needed

Ditto. I think by seasons' end the O will be running quite smoothly. Until then, the D can do their thing; that's why they're getting paid.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• King Dog wrote:Offense doesn't deserve a bye week. They need to stay in Seattle and try and get things right. They should however buy the entire defense tickets to Hawaii or something. Great job D!

They played great TODAY, but the d has been pretty bad up to this point. The O was more than good enough to beat the Titans, so I don't want to hear the D complain.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Good points. Recency bias on my part. That said, the D balled OUT today!
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• The offense hangs the defense out to dry at least five times more often than the reverse happens; and our biggest problem's income doesn't fall under the salary cap, so the "most of our money is invested in defense" argument is weak at best.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I believe we're shelling out a small fortune to Wilson, Graham, and Baldwin.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    The offense hangs the defense out to dry at least five times more often than the reverse happens; and our biggest problem's income doesn't fall under the salary cap, so the "most of our money is invested in defense" argument is weak at best.

Not saying the O doesn't, just that the D hasn't exactly been lighting it on fire until today. The O does need to step it up more, and I hope this is the start of the D finally being what we all thought it could be when we landed Richardson.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• They put a nice long drive together, converted 3rd downs, and scored in the red-zone against a pretty good defense. I'm going to consider that some level of progress.
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Practice Squad

• I'm just happy for the bye week. I think it best that it came early. There are a whole string of very winnable games coming up, but the defense needs to rest, and the offense needs to fix whats broken.
    SPIRITOF12
    NET Rookie

The defense can afford to pay their own way. Russell needs to be a good bit of his earnings into long term care policies.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information