No, not a great win...A GREAT WIN!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is precisely the game that turns your season. The trajectory could have gone positive or negative moving forward based on the results, and with a sound victory in LA against an upstart Rams team (who by the way had the most prolific offense in the NFL up until today when we held them to 10 points), AND heading into the bye, we couldn't ask for a better situation.

Get healthy, going into a bye in a positive mode, and we face what is currently a still winless Giants squad that has lost major players in two weeks (in Met Life which has become our home away from home) and well...

Get out those blue and green shades folks. This season suddenly looks very, very good.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Aros":1ia80b1i said:
This is precisely the game that turns your season. The trajectory could have gone positive or negative moving forward based on the results, and with a sound victory in LA against an upstart Rams team (who by the way had the most prolific offense in the NFL up until today when we held them to 10 points), AND heading into the bye, we couldn't ask for a better situation.

Get healthy, going into a bye in a positive mode, and we face what is currently a still winless Giants squad that has lost major players in two weeks (in Met Life which has become our home away from home) and well...

Get out those blue and green shades folks. This season suddenly looks very, very good.

+1 and Thumbs Up, Aros. :2thumbs:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
That was a fun game. D stepped up but our offense showed some grit as well.

Far from perfect by we went in to their house and left with a win.

NICE.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Vesuve":1w3ayqvj said:
Aros":1w3ayqvj said:

+12 and 7 Thumbs Up, Aros.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
That's the best the Hawks have played in an away game vs the Rams in years. I think people forget just how BAD some recent games against them have been. This game was huge to win. I am still shocked they pulled it off.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
I love a win just as anybody, but what is up with Russell Wilson? dude does not know how to read defenses presnap. missed a lot of open throws. still holds onto the ball for way too long.

I thought out o-line played pretty well actually.

Defense took a big step together. love to see all the turn overs.

I'm hoping we can come out of this bye week and really turn it up on offense. If Wilson can play better I think we can go far into the playoffs

chris98251

Reaction score
Escaped with a win in my book, but wins like this can start the momentum moving forward, Avril has a couple weeks to see if he can get right, Baldwin and others get Hamstrings and Groins rested and stretched out. If there was anything I took away was that our interior D line is really going to be a factor, lots more push and nothing inside for the Rams.

Also as much as I seen people bitching about the secondary, we adjusted to a Press Zone coverage and things came together, they had to cover a lot longer today because of the DE's setting the edge first on most plays and spying Gurley before we unleashed to Goff.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I disagree that we "escaped" with a win. This was the kind of gritty, hard fought fight that championship-caliber teams need to win. Look around the league. Wins are HARD to come by this year, regardless if you are home or away.

No escape. Just a GREAT WIN PERIOD.

hawk45

Reaction score
Took some luck and a dropped TD pass and missed figgie but some big plays and this def feels like a momentum win.

I'm excited.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It was the first Seahawk win in LA since the Rams moved there last year. Road wins are hard to come by. Also the Seahawks have won both their division games. That's what makes it great.

Threedee

Reaction score
Well, if the trend continues where we improve each week, but always have tough sledding on the road, then we took care of two checkmarks today.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
"Sound victory?" If this was a sound victory, I'd hate to see what a close victory would be, haha; and no, I'm not being a Debbie Downer or anything like that, I just prefer honesty. :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":1s73pqo3 said:
I disagree that we "escaped" with a win. This was the kind of gritty, hard fought fight that championship-caliber teams need to win. Look around the league. Wins are HARD to come by this year, regardless if you are home or away.

If not for the timely turnovers this is a ugly loss, Escape it is.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
chris98251":3kkpgw5p said:
Aros":3kkpgw5p said:

Pretty much Seahawks football from any recent year, though. Can they do enough of it? Probably not, it's hard. But they have the ability.

evergreen

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":20qjckma said:
I love a win just as anybody, but what is up with Russell Wilson? dude does not know how to read defenses presnap. missed a lot of open throws. still holds onto the ball for way too long.

I'm hoping we can come out of this bye week and really turn it up on offense. If Wilson can play better I think we can go far into the playoffs
I agree. He's why we're not 4-1 or 5-0. Pre 2016 Russell makes many of the throws that post 2016 Russell makes. He did do some nice Houdini moves.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":3e8nyy9c said:

Seems to me like only Hawks fans are drawing this conclusion.

" In a defensive tilt, Wade Phillips' crew battered Russell Wilson. The Rams' pass rush came in waves, with Robert Quinn, Aaron Donald, Alec Ogletree and Matt Longacre hounding the QB for six sacks and 11 hits. With the Seahawks' run game bottled up, Wilson was forced to throw 37 times, but completed just 23 for 194 yards. The Rams' secondary also forced two interceptions (one from Wilson and one from Tanner McEvoy on a trick play). L.A. blanketed Doug Baldwin and didn't give Wilson his quick looks. With the Rams' defensive line blowing through Seattle blockers, Wilson didn't have time to stretch the field. Jimmy Graham was the lone bright spot on the Seahawks' offense, earning six receptions for 37 yards on eight targets and a post-up touchdown catch."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... est-battle

Our problem is not Wilson. No matter how much people want to nitpick. Not much of a running game, and running for his life. No actual NFL analyst who watched this game thinks our O-line played well. Just better than the dumpster fire before

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
I feel pretty good about this win. Seahawks weren't dominant, but it's not like they deserved to lose (both teams got some breaks, game really could have gone either way) and were playing a team on the road that's given them major problems in the past and are looking a lot stronger this year. The main thing that I figured would sink their season (o-line) actually looked decent in pass protection against a good defensive front. Run-game didn't do much, but I'd given up on that months ago and believe we can build an offense primarily around the pass-game.

And of course, winning a "2-point game" (given the Rams look like our competition for the division), taking the division lead back, and getting the conference lead within our sights is all great, especially going into a bye week. A loss wouldn't have ended the season, but would have at least made a long 2 weeks.

My feelings about this season have been all over the place (even more so than usual), but I'm back to positive!

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":zbyvoik2 said:
Aros":zbyvoik2 said:

And if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their ass on the ground. :229031_shrug:

IMNSHO this was a solid, gritty win on the road, in tough conditions (80 degrees in the sunlight). Our Hawks fought down to the end, and won.