Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Took back the division today!

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Took back the division today!
Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:55 pm
  • What a huge friggin win, and one I had an L on. Bevell actually was pretty decent in this one. Cable not so much, but we all know that.

Total 2013 type win against a good team and a must win if we want to have a chance.

Gotta be happy even knowing we still need work right?
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

• Like a boss! Richardson was Mannnnn!!!! Great game by Walsh
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

• johnnyfever wrote:What a huge friggin win, and one I had an L on. Bevell actually was pretty decent in this one. Cable not so much, but we all know that.

Total 2013 type win against a good team and a must win if we want to have a chance.

I think you mixed the bold up to be honest.

The line played great, and the offense should have scored more.

D was beastly.

Special teams was good.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Re: Took back the division today!
Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:13 pm
  • I know we've got some negative folks around, but count me as PUMPED UP about that win.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:17 pm
  • Mojambo wrote:I know we've got some negative folks around, but count me as PUMPED UP about that win.

Some say Negative, others say realistic.

Just because someone hasn't hit you going the wrong way on a freeway doesn't mean that at some point it isn't going to happen and is a accident waiting to happen.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:18 pm
  • I'm not the type of fan to be all happy about a win where we looked like dog doo but IMO this win wasn't like that.

Fun game with big plays, offense managed to stay on the field plenty, and the Gods smiled on us with a drop when Goff threw the game-winning TD.

I'm happy.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:20 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Mojambo wrote:I know we've got some negative folks around, but count me as PUMPED UP about that win.

Just because someone hasn't hit you going the wrong way on a freeway doesn't mean that at some point it isn't going to happen and is a accident waiting to happen.

+1

Some people just prefer to see the team maximize their potential, others don't.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:23 pm
  • me TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the conf standings is what matters, and we' re one loss out of top two.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:24 pm
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Mojambo wrote:I know we've got some negative folks around, but count me as PUMPED UP about that win.

+1

Spin it however you want. We beat a great team, in their house for the first time since 2013.

Maybe you should complain about that team too, since it barely beat Kellen Clemens?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:29 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

+1

Spin it however you want. We beat a great team, in their house for the first time since 2013.

Maybe you should complain about that team too, since it barely beat Kellen Clemens?

This^^^^
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:38 pm
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

+1

Perhaps beating the league's hottest team, at their house, is maximizing their potential.

That was a fantastic win. Not sure what you are missing.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:12 pm
  • Don't recall giving it back in the first place.

The rams beat up on Indy, 49ers, and an extremely short rest Dallas and then they were anointed or something?
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:16 pm
  • Optimus25 wrote:Don't recall giving it back in the first place.

The rams beat up on Indy, 49ers, and an extremely short rest Dallas and then they were anointed or something?

They were, by almost every pundit on TV, the internet, and the papers. Wishful thinking on their part?

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    johnnyfever wrote:What a huge friggin win, and one I had an L on. Bevell actually was pretty decent in this one. Cable not so much, but we all know that.

D was beastly.

Special teams was good.

Haha, that's good stuff. When I posted this I was fresh off seven 9% IPA's, so there's that.
    Last edited by johnnyfever on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:53 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:
    Optimus25 wrote:Don't recall giving it back in the first place.

They were, by almost every pundit on TV, the internet, and the papers. Wishful thinking on their part?

I don't put too much credence in the pundits, but I have watched the Rams for a few weeks as they were making me nervous. This Rams team looked great before we played them, and I didn't see us getting out if this one with a W. This game looked extremely similar to a few of the close wins we had in 13.

In every week prior, the play calling was grade school level with no adjustments and the line was even worse. Last game I saw a bit of improvement from Bev, but no where near enough to make up for the line. This game, we had some decent looks as far as misdirection and routes, and the line did better, but our run game was Horrid. Russ missed a few, had some receivers not come down with ones we should have, but at least it wasn't the same as it has been this year. Don't get me wrong, Bev still called the wrong plays in some of the situations we were in, but at least it wasn't full game shitting of the bed.

We are making improvement in our worst areas, so as long as we don't drop easy games we have a chance at actually going somewhere in the postseason. For this to happen though we need to keep incrementally improving, but at least it is possible. After the last few weeks I had my doubts the coaching staff had the balls to make the necessary changes.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:54 pm
  • Optimus25 wrote:Don't recall giving it back in the first place.

Come on man. Enough with the excuses on why we beat certain teams; the fact is we beat them. And you know what? We should have won today too. We left 20 points on the field to you guys. Yeah, you're defense is still one of the best, but we had y'all on the ropes a few times. We beat ourselves and it's would be silly for you to say that y'all outplayed us for this game, because you didn't.

Now, with that said, Russel Wilson continues to be who we know he is; a big time gamer. You guys also made some early in game adjustments to score yalls fist TD, really nice there. And as mentioned above, yalls defense is still a very good overall unit. I was kinda surprised we targeted Sherman as much as we did.

Well, hopefully y'all came out clean of injuries. Until next time fellas, GG.
    JRobinson
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:00 pm
  • Cliff Avril goes down and Clark absolutely steps up in a huge way. This guy is our future man, what a draft that was when all the teams passed on him because of his off field antics. Carroll has a way with reeling in these types of personalities, other than "head case Harvin" of course.
    GOHAWKS

CoolRodney wrote:This team has 3 talented players. That's it. I still can't believe we totally blew it in the Super Bowl. We won't be back any time soon.
    stizz19
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:02 pm
  • JRobinson wrote:

Come on man. Enough with the excuses on why we beat certain teams; the fact is we beat them

And you know what? We should have won today too. We left 20 points on the field to you guys. Yeah, you're defense is still one of the best, but we had y'all on the ropes a few times. We beat ourselves and it's would be silly for you to say that y'all outplayed us for this game, because you didn't.

Now, with that said, Russel Wilson continues to be who we know he is; a big time gamer. You guys also made some early in game adjustments to score yalls fist TD, really nice there. And as mentioned above, yalls defense is still a very good overall unit. I was kinda surprised we targeted Sherman as much as we did.

People say "You can't use excuses for the losses, then somebody invariably turns around and says "We won, but we only beat them because..."

I think we should discuss the points in wins and losses, bad calls, bad plays, bad preparation, but I just don't see the point in talking down a team that we beat.

They were the #1 Offense in the NFL behind last years #1 Overall Draft Pick, with a defense FULL of high 1st round picks like Aaron Donald, and almost EVERYBODY picked them to win. So it doesn't matter who they "only" beat, it matters that they are a damn good team.

Myself, I didn't have much confidence, because I have a lot of respect for the Rams personnel and the coaching, but I thought we were going to win. It just wouldn't have surprised me if we had lost a close one.

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:02 pm
  • JRobinson wrote:

Come on man. Enough with the excuses on why we beat certain teams; the fact is we beat them. And you know what? We should have won today too. We left 20 points on the field to you guys. Yeah, you're defense is still one of the best, but we had y'all on the ropes a few times. We beat ourselves and it's would be silly for you to say that y'all outplayed us for this game, because you didn't.

You didn't beat yourselves.

Seattle forced turnovers with a dominant defense and was the better team today.

Would love to hear your justification regarding you believing otherwise.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:16 pm
  • JRobinson wrote:

Talking out one side of the mouth: Enough with the excuses on why we beat certain teams; the fact is we beat them.

Talking out the other side: We beat ourselves and it's would be silly for you to say that y'all outplayed us for this game, because you didn't.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:22 pm
  • JRobinson wrote:

I would say that Earl Thomas outplayed Gurley at the pylon.......
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:34 pm
  • I gotta give some credit to Cable. Endless flack but the line has progressed each week out. We knew it was a huge weakness and it went up against possibly the nastiest test it's going to face and it was better than in weeks past. He's got them trending the right direction. Hopefully that learning curve continues and that progression continues. It's a young raw line, growing pains come with that and we have seen some doozies but I can't believe Bevell gets love this week and the offense was anemic... yet the line coach gets trashed and the line passed it's toughest test yet, there were mistakes but Russ had more time today than he probably did all year, they get a passing grade and so does Cable imo.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:43 pm
  • JRobinson wrote:

The FACT that we won playing against your powerhouse Rams, in YOUR HOUSE no less, proves that the Seahawks were the better team today, and they absolutely DID "Outplay" the Rams, or Y'all would have had another W in your book and they'd be all by their lonesome in the NFC WEST.
    You say that the Rams left 20 points on the field for the Seahawks, and the same can be said in switcheroo, as the Seahawks had some flubbed plays that Y'all didn't capitalize on, so that too is just "An Excuse".
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:55 am
  • Hawkpower wrote:
    JRobinson wrote:

Please elaborate on how we didn't beat ourselves. I'll give you a few things from my prospective and you can tell me if I'm wrong.

1. Gurley was careless with the ball at the .0001 yard line. +7 pts
    2. Tavon Austin Fumble that put y'all in good field position which y'all couldn't capitalize on.
    3. Missed field goal. +3
    4. INT to Richardson due to a terrible, unpressured throwing error on a screen to Gurley. I'd say +3 but that's speculating, I'll let that one slide.
    5. The drop in the end zone by Cooper Kupp to win the game. +7

Am I'm missing something? Again, I gave due credit to your defense, but those things I listed are us shooting ourselves in the foot and not executing. I also don't recall you guys getting close to the red zone and making costly mistakes because y'all simply couldn't make it to the red zone hardly.

Just my perspective.
    JRobinson
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:58 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    JRobinson wrote:

The FACT that we won playing against your powerhouse Rams, in YOUR HOUSE no less, proves that the Seahawks were the better team today, and they absolutely DID "Outplay" the Rams, or Y'all would have had another W in your book and they'd be all by their lonesome in the NFC WEST.
    You say that the Rams left 20 points on the field for the Seahawks, and the same can be said in switcheroo, as the Seahawks had some flubbed plays that Y'all didn't capitalize on, so that too is just "An Excuse".

Can you give the plays where this occurred? And no we aren't talking turnovers here; both teams had that issue. Missing a field goal, fumbling at he 1 is not an excuse, it's a lack of execution. Those were points to be had, there is no debating that.
    JRobinson
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:56 am
  • JRobinson wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    JRobinson wrote:

Please elaborate on how we didn't beat ourselves. I'll give you a few things from my prospective and you can tell me if I'm wrong.

1. Gurley was careless with the ball at the .0001 yard line. +7 pts
    2. Tavon Austin Fumble that put y'all in good field position which y'all couldn't capitalize on.
    3. Missed field goal. +3
    4. INT to Richardson due to a terrible, unpressured throwing error on a screen to Gurley. I'd say +3 but that's speculating, I'll let that one slide.
    5. The drop in the end zone by Cooper Kupp to win the game. +7

Am I'm missing something? Again, I gave due credit to your defense, but those things I listed are us shooting ourselves in the foot and not executing. I also don't recall you guys getting close to the red zone and making costly mistakes because y'all simply couldn't make it to the red zone hardly.

Just my perspective.

The Gurley fumble has to be hard to deal with, but that's more of a freak thing then a real mistake. That's just Earl Thomas being at the right place at the right time doing something insane and the ball falling in the right place. That's a high probability TD if he goes out near the goal line, though.

That Cupp catch was really hard to make. He put a great move on Coleman but it was a hard ball to get.

The turnovers were killer for the Rams. Winnable game and they kept coughing the ball up.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    johnnyfever wrote:What a huge friggin win, and one I had an L on. Bevell actually was pretty decent in this one. Cable not so much, but we all know that.

D was beastly.

Special teams was good.

Oline was improved a bit over last season against the Rams, but played "great"? Not so much. only 3 sacks, but that was much because of Wilson magic. There were 11 QB hits and he was under pressure most of the game. That and next to no running room against what was the #30 run D is far from great.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:59 am
  • BOTH teams left opportunities out there. Great game overall, snot knocker.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:00 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:BOTH teams left opportunities out there. Great game overall, snot knocker.

It was fun to watch the Seahawks give the Rams a reality check that their offense can't just run over everybody.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:19 pm
  • bmorepunk wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:BOTH teams left opportunities out there. Great game overall, snot knocker.

It was fun to watch the Seahawks give the Rams a reality check that their offense can't just run over everybody.

Agree completely on your last two posts. I think it's good in a way that we got beat. But as you know, losses are frustrating as all get out when you're so invested in your team.
    JRobinson
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:20 pm
  • The way I look at it, it looked like a typical Rams-Seahawks games where both teams have times where they make the other team look worse than they really are. These games typically come down to whichever team is able to take advantage of the other team's miscue. In this case the Seahawks did that more effectively. I chalk it up to a little more experience on our side of the line, and I am worried about the Rams as their younger players mature. That Goff-Kupp connection is going to nag us for years.

The teams looked like two, fairly evenly matched, super heavyweight champs trading blows. Great game and a budding rivalry which will be good for both teams.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:34 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:The teams looked like two, fairly evenly matched, super heavyweight champs trading blows. Great game and a budding rivalry which will be good for both teams.

You're absolutely correct on this, MT Doc.

In 2013, we had one of the toughest, if not the toughest, divisions in the league. Iron sharpens iron, and we deserved everything we got that year.

Just by way of comparison, remember how we won the NFCCG? It was a slugfest, too, and not a lot different than the Rams game on Sunday, concluding with the niners marching down the field and a pass away from winning the game (though with a bit of time left on the clock).

But then, a turnover. The tip.

Oh, how sweet it was!
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information