Took back the division today!

johnnyfever

Reaction score
What a huge friggin win, and one I had an L on. Bevell actually was pretty decent in this one. Cable not so much, but we all know that.

Total 2013 type win against a good team and a must win if we want to have a chance.

Gotta be happy even knowing we still need work right?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
johnnyfever":dkjsftsd said:
What a huge friggin win, and one I had an L on. Bevell actually was pretty decent in this one. Cable not so much, but we all know that.

Total 2013 type win against a good team and a must win if we want to have a chance.

I think you mixed the bold up to be honest.

The line played great, and the offense should have scored more.

D was beastly.

Special teams was good.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I know we've got some negative folks around, but count me as PUMPED UP about that win.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mojambo":3f7qhsvv said:
I know we've got some negative folks around, but count me as PUMPED UP about that win.

Some say Negative, others say realistic.

Just because someone hasn't hit you going the wrong way on a freeway doesn't mean that at some point it isn't going to happen and is a accident waiting to happen.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm not the type of fan to be all happy about a win where we looked like dog doo but IMO this win wasn't like that.

Fun game with big plays, offense managed to stay on the field plenty, and the Gods smiled on us with a drop when Goff threw the game-winning TD.

I'm happy.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":14fiuydu said:
Mojambo":14fiuydu said:

Just because someone hasn't hit you going the wrong way on a freeway doesn't mean that at some point it isn't going to happen and is a accident waiting to happen.
+1

Some people just prefer to see the team maximize their potential, others don't.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
me TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
the conf standings is what matters, and we' re one loss out of top two.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

ivotuk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2ast5npe said:
chris98251":2ast5npe said:
Mojambo":2ast5npe said:

+1

Spin it however you want. We beat a great team, in their house for the first time since 2013.

Maybe you should complain about that team too, since it barely beat Kellen Clemens?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":l6mdibuu said:
NFSeahawks628":l6mdibuu said:
chris98251":l6mdibuu said:
Mojambo":l6mdibuu said:

+1

Spin it however you want. We beat a great team, in their house for the first time since 2013.

Maybe you should complain about that team too, since it barely beat Kellen Clemens?
This^^^^

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":13thndet said:
chris98251":13thndet said:
Mojambo":13thndet said:

+1

Perhaps beating the league's hottest team, at their house, is maximizing their potential.

That was a fantastic win. Not sure what you are missing.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Don't recall giving it back in the first place.

The rams beat up on Indy, 49ers, and an extremely short rest Dallas and then they were anointed or something?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Optimus25":3g2evin0 said:

The rams beat up on Indy, 49ers, and an extremely short rest Dallas and then they were anointed or something?

They were, by almost every pundit on TV, the internet, and the papers. Wishful thinking on their part?

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":ja47xf4y said:
johnnyfever":ja47xf4y said:

I think you mixed the bold up to be honest.

The line played great, and the offense should have scored more.

D was beastly.

Special teams was good.

Haha, that's good stuff. When I posted this I was fresh off seven 9% IPA's, so there's that.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
ivotuk":x952c6tp said:
Optimus25":x952c6tp said:

They were, by almost every pundit on TV, the internet, and the papers. Wishful thinking on their part?

I don't put too much credence in the pundits, but I have watched the Rams for a few weeks as they were making me nervous. This Rams team looked great before we played them, and I didn't see us getting out if this one with a W. This game looked extremely similar to a few of the close wins we had in 13.

In every week prior, the play calling was grade school level with no adjustments and the line was even worse. Last game I saw a bit of improvement from Bev, but no where near enough to make up for the line. This game, we had some decent looks as far as misdirection and routes, and the line did better, but our run game was Horrid. Russ missed a few, had some receivers not come down with ones we should have, but at least it wasn't the same as it has been this year. Don't get me wrong, Bev still called the wrong plays in some of the situations we were in, but at least it wasn't full game shitting of the bed.

We are making improvement in our worst areas, so as long as we don't drop easy games we have a chance at actually going somewhere in the postseason. For this to happen though we need to keep incrementally improving, but at least it is possible. After the last few weeks I had my doubts the coaching staff had the balls to make the necessary changes.

JRobinson

Reaction score
Optimus25":1nteqfw2 said:

Come on man. Enough with the excuses on why we beat certain teams; the fact is we beat them. And you know what? We should have won today too. We left 20 points on the field to you guys. Yeah, you're defense is still one of the best, but we had y'all on the ropes a few times. We beat ourselves and it's would be silly for you to say that y'all outplayed us for this game, because you didn't.

Now, with that said, Russel Wilson continues to be who we know he is; a big time gamer. You guys also made some early in game adjustments to score yalls fist TD, really nice there. And as mentioned above, yalls defense is still a very good overall unit. I was kinda surprised we targeted Sherman as much as we did.

Well, hopefully y'all came out clean of injuries. Until next time fellas, GG.

stizz19

Reaction score
Cliff Avril goes down and Clark absolutely steps up in a huge way. This guy is our future man, what a draft that was when all the teams passed on him because of his off field antics. Carroll has a way with reeling in these types of personalities, other than "head case Harvin" of course.

ivotuk

Reaction score
JRobinson":n1rl5r8r said:
Optimus25":n1rl5r8r said:

Come on man. Enough with the excuses on why we beat certain teams; the fact is we beat them

And you know what? We should have won today too. We left 20 points on the field to you guys. Yeah, you're defense is still one of the best, but we had y'all on the ropes a few times. We beat ourselves and it's would be silly for you to say that y'all outplayed us for this game, because you didn't.

Now, with that said, Russel Wilson continues to be who we know he is; a big time gamer. You guys also made some early in game adjustments to score yalls fist TD, really nice there. And as mentioned above, yalls defense is still a very good overall unit. I was kinda surprised we targeted Sherman as much as we did.

People say "You can't use excuses for the losses, then somebody invariably turns around and says "We won, but we only beat them because..."

I think we should discuss the points in wins and losses, bad calls, bad plays, bad preparation, but I just don't see the point in talking down a team that we beat.

They were the #1 Offense in the NFL behind last years #1 Overall Draft Pick, with a defense FULL of high 1st round picks like Aaron Donald, and almost EVERYBODY picked them to win. So it doesn't matter who they "only" beat, it matters that they are a damn good team.

Myself, I didn't have much confidence, because I have a lot of respect for the Rams personnel and the coaching, but I thought we were going to win. It just wouldn't have surprised me if we had lost a close one.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
JRobinson":39tw4ibd said:
Optimus25":39tw4ibd said:

Come on man. Enough with the excuses on why we beat certain teams; the fact is we beat them. And you know what? We should have won today too. We left 20 points on the field to you guys. Yeah, you're defense is still one of the best, but we had y'all on the ropes a few times. We beat ourselves and it's would be silly for you to say that y'all outplayed us for this game, because you didn't.

You didn't beat yourselves.

Seattle forced turnovers with a dominant defense and was the better team today.

Would love to hear your justification regarding you believing otherwise.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
JRobinson":16tmzxz3 said:
Optimus25":16tmzxz3 said:

Talking out one side of the mouth: Enough with the excuses on why we beat certain teams; the fact is we beat them.

Talking out the other side: We beat ourselves and it's would be silly for you to say that y'all outplayed us for this game, because you didn't.