Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

We have a running back problem

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
We have a running back problem
Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:04 pm
  • The OL isn't helping anything but Rawls and Lacy are very underwhelming, JD and CJ are great pass catchers but not every down guys. My hope is CJ can maybe be the guy but he just struggles to stay healthy and JD the pass catcher a just don't like our dynamic at the position right now.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Re: We have a running back problem
Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:05 pm
  • I tend to disagree. I believe we have an offensive line problem. Hasn't Collins gone for almost a hundy the past two weeks in Baltimore?
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:06 pm
  • getnasty wrote:The OL isn't helping anything but Rawls and Lacy are very underwhelming, JD and CJ are great pass catchers but not every down guys. My hope is CJ can maybe be the guy but he just struggles to stay healthy and JD the pass catcher a just don't like our dynamic at the position right now.

I'm not convinced Rawls isn't the #1 option. I thought he ran well when he was given an opportunity we just never took the time to establish the run, which weirdly I think was a good thing.

Pete's finally giving in a little to the "run no matter what" mentality.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:10 pm
  • This was the Rams front 7
    Scorpion05
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:12 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:This was the Rams front 7

Rams were ranked 30th against the run coming in . . .

Lacy and Rawls are bad, exacerbated by a line that can’t run or pass block.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:19 pm
  • I'm convinced that if they fix the o-line everything else falls in.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:28 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:This was the Rams front 7

You speak the truth. Our best options however are to go with our best talent. And that is Rawls. Lacy is done. A waste of time. No spark in his approach to the line of scrimmage. Most of his carries go for no gain or lose of yards.

The other problem I see is separation of our receivers down the field with speed. I have spoken about this in the past and it's fallen on deaf ears on this board. One Lockett appears to me to have lost a step. And any time Russ finds someone open there's a defender right on top of them. Right now Mckissic is our biggest deep threat. Yes he's faster than Tyler and should be running back kick offs and punts as well. Hopefully C.J. will stay healthy and add something to the mix.

Maybe Darboh will blossom as the season unfolds. But all in all it still was a great win. But there are challenges on the horizon that will further test the mentality of this team.
    RW92
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:31 pm
  • Not true.

Rawls just needs to get warmed up. We just lost our #1 back, and Rawls hasn't played in awhile. It's a rare running back that can come in and replace someone as good as Chris Carson. Especially with all the O Line shuffling.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:41 pm
  • King Dog wrote:I tend to disagree. I believe we have an offensive line problem. Hasn't Collins gone for almost a hundy the past two weeks in Baltimore?

I don't disagree that the OL is bad but Chris Carson flashed behind the same OL. Rawls and Lacy are duds so far.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:45 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:

And Gurley?, what's the Rams EXCUSES for not getting push for their Super Star RB today...He did tear it up in the last few games leading up to this one.........Oh Wait, maybe the Seahawks Defense had something to do with stopping Girlie.......Maybe the Rams Defense was charged by Wade Phillips to keep RW & the Run Game in check at all cost?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:46 pm
  • getnasty wrote:
    King Dog wrote:I tend to disagree. I believe we have an offensive line problem. Hasn't Collins gone for almost a hundy the past two weeks in Baltimore?

I don't disagree that the OL is bad but Chris Carson flashed behind the same OL. Rawls and Lacy are duds so far.

That's like saying "The#1 RB played well despite a bad oline, but the back ups can't when thrown in there."

Give these guys some time to get going. They've been relegated to back up and haven't gotten the carries Chris has.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:50 pm
  • Arizona has a running back problem. We have a minor inconvenience, and when cj gets back watch out.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:04 pm
  • collins is a good back. lacey is probably a great person, but collins might have been a better fit for this football team. as it is, lacey is going to have to get it going on the field.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:07 pm
  • a shitty line will make Barry Sanders look like Bernie Sanders.....
    Leee-roy
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:28 pm
  • Leee-roy wrote:a shitty line will make Barry Sanders look like Bernie Sanders.....

LMAO....that would make a good sig
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:44 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:

And where was ours ranked (before this game). Would you say anyone should be able to run over us then?
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:00 pm
  • Leee-roy wrote:a shitty line will make Barry Sanders look like Bernie Sanders.....

Well done my friend!
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:25 pm
  • King Dog wrote:I tend to disagree. I believe we have an offensive line problem. Hasn't Collins gone for almost a hundy the past two weeks in Baltimore?

He's also lost two fumbles
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:02 am
  • Lacy looks too slow to me. I realize we are getting blown up on the line on a lot of those plays. I don't see anything wrong with Rawls. I would like to see Prosise have an expanded role and see how that goes. He has a combination of size and speed like Carson that could be very effective. I assume he'll be ready to go next game.
    capncrunch
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:23 am
  • Remember how Rawls ran through Detroit in the playoffs last season, give him time and yes the blocking sucks. Russ carrying the offense.
    Last edited by tersal on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
    tersal
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:47 am
  • The good news is they were still calling runs yesterday trying to get it going. The pass-to-run ratio was still high, but they never really quit on it.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:52 am
  • I'm in two minds about our running game.

It has been pretty useless through five games now (don't get me wrong, I'm excited for Chris Carson's return but most of his yards came in the 4th quarter once the defense is worn, not in the first half setting a tone). I am actually amazed to see we are ranked 12th overall in rushing yards, I genuinely thought we'd have been into the bottom third. Not to mention only having two rushing touchdowns (the same as our defense has produced!).

We are clearly 'joining the times' of a passing league and getting better and better at it, since Lynch we haven't had a reliable back that can come in and take the load so most likely the coaching staff didn't want to adopt this approach, more their hands were forced through injuries. It does seem to be working, though. Russ has thrown 8 TD's through 5 games and our O-Line seems to be dramatically better at pass blocking than run blocking (from a TV viewing perspective, not All22/Coaches Film).

It's great to see the team evolve and (slowly but surely) heading in the right direction.

We are just about to hit our stride and every aspect of their game can only improve, I'm devastated we have to wait 2 weeks for another Seahawks game!
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:02 am
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:

Umm no..

This Rams front seven gave Ezekiel Elliot and that O-line trouble in the 2nd half...so I don't buy it. Plus, it's a division rival so they're familiar
    Scorpion05
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:35 am
  • The only problem we have is that the coaching staff can't seem to figure out that Lacy is the slowest back in the league to the hole.

We need to save him exclusively for the 2nd half of games when defenses are a step slower as well. He's our closer, not our opener.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:45 am
  • capncrunch wrote:Lacy looks too slow to me. I realize we are getting blown up on the line on a lot of those plays. I don't see anything wrong with Rawls. I would like to see Prosise have an expanded role and see how that goes. He has a combination of size and speed like Carson that could be very effective. I assume he'll be ready to go next game.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:07 am
  • Miss chris carson already.He just made it work behind this line, he just attacked whatever opening he got and was very physical throughout the whole run allowing him to maximize any gain. He also had some nice cuts when blocking wasnt good.

Sucks so bad he got injured .
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:42 am

We have a thread winner! :2thumbs:

For all the slow but incremental improvements with passpro the OLine still is underachieving with run blocking.

Neither OG is able to move the pile, or not able to block a lane.

Don't understand why Lacy can't seem to translate his size into power, or what is missing with Rawls this season? I do accept the above thread winning comment is most likely the reason. Depending on the always injured Prosise to be a bell cow RB is like waiting for pigs to fly. Definitely missing Carson.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:58 am
  • Optimus25 wrote: and when cj gets back watch out.

Woo good one! Dude's more brittle than the Bubble Boy.

I agree, with Carson out we do have a RB problem. Too many backs, and none of them a complete back. Which now creates this dysfunctional RBBC we got going now.

There is no right answer with our RB and O-line run blocking deficiencies. Just gotta keep pounding away hoping one or two of these guys can find some sort of groove as the season goes along.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:00 am
  • It looks to me like Rawls needs to settle down. I know he wants to get in there and do a great job, but he seems to be pushing his runs.

He jumps up, kicking legs, feet a blur underneath him, seems off balance continuously, almost top heavy when he's running. I hate to say it, but he's become CMike 2.0. The only saving grace so far is that he hasn't had the fumbles like Michael did.

Lacy hasn't hit his stride, but I think he can get better with time. Rawls seriously has me concerned with the style he's running at now.

As for is it the Line or the Back?

Carson seemed to be able to find room to run with these guys. Doesn't mean they were opening holes for him, but you can see why he won the starting job.
    White Devil
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:04 am
  • Very much a quantity over quality situation. Rawls and Lacy look like they are not NFL caliber players to my eyes. I would like to see the run game almost entirely replaced with the short passing game like the Pats have done at times, because currently running the ball is a waste of a down.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:32 am
  • I doubt Chris Carson would have been able to generate much behind this Oline and against that front 7. They're linemen are good, ours are mediocre, which makes the back look bad. Our guys were often hit behind the line of scrimmage. Hard to generate much with that kind of penetration. Give both more time and I think we see good production in the second half of the season.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:38 am

Barry Sanders played behind a shitty Detroit Lions OL. And no, he didn't look like Bernie Sanders doing it either.

Link to another Barry Sanders highlights video- https://dai.ly/x5olvsq
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:27 pm

This. :ditto:
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:41 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    Leee-roy wrote:a shitty line will make Barry Sanders look like Bernie Sanders.....

Barry Sanders played behind a shitty Detroit Lions OL. And no, he didn't look like Bernie Sanders doing it either.

Link to another Barry Sanders highlights video- https://dai.ly/x5olvsq

This was my thought exactly..I remember the Lions had some bad Lines and Barry Sanders still created runs from crap,He was the best RB I ever saw period and I have seen many over the years.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:45 pm

We didn't have a shitty line yesterday. There were creases all over the place. The backs weren't finding them.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:56 pm
  • White Devil wrote:It looks to me like Rawls needs to settle down. I know he wants to get in there and do a great job, but he seems to be pushing his runs.

He jumps up, kicking legs, feet a blur underneath him, seems off balance continuously, almost top heavy when he's running. I hate to say it, but he's become CMike 2.0. The only saving grace so far is that he hasn't had the fumbles like Michael did.

Lacy hasn't hit his stride, but I think he can get better with time. Rawls seriously has me concerned with the style he's running at now.

I know what you mean about Rawls he seemed too amped up at the beginning of the game and super frantic. However, I believe he can settle down and be productive with more carries. He did look much better at the end of the game grinding out the clock. He was actually making guys miss and broke a few arm tackles.

I think they can make it work with Rawls as the lead and McKissic as the change of pace. Leave Lacy for short yardage or punishing a worn out defense. Prosise can be kept in glass for emergency only.
    naholmes
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:35 pm
  • Rawls needs to get the rust off. I think he started doing so in LA and will keep improving. Needs to stay healthy though.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:51 pm
  • Lacy and rawls are running like two ppl who are worried about getting hurt,which behind this line I don't blame them,there seems to be just a lil hesitation instead of just slamming it in there.Forget the big play just give me 3 yards.bring Davis up and see the difference.
    " I don't come to bow,I come to conquer." Bob Marley
    HommyHawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:12 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:

Has to make afan sick, right?
    Coaches not able to exploit that reality. Again.
    Any givin' Sunday...I'll take one for starters.
    Please post no anti white rhetoric via "entertainment sports programming network"
    Pride is in the content of your character.
    400WattHPSHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information