We have a running back problem

getnasty

Reaction score
The OL isn't helping anything but Rawls and Lacy are very underwhelming, JD and CJ are great pass catchers but not every down guys. My hope is CJ can maybe be the guy but he just struggles to stay healthy and JD the pass catcher a just don't like our dynamic at the position right now.

King Dog

Reaction score
I tend to disagree. I believe we have an offensive line problem. Hasn't Collins gone for almost a hundy the past two weeks in Baltimore?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
getnasty":16sqkmds said:
The OL isn't helping anything but Rawls and Lacy are very underwhelming, JD and CJ are great pass catchers but not every down guys. My hope is CJ can maybe be the guy but he just struggles to stay healthy and JD the pass catcher a just don't like our dynamic at the position right now.

I'm not convinced Rawls isn't the #1 option. I thought he ran well when he was given an opportunity we just never took the time to establish the run, which weirdly I think was a good thing.

Pete's finally giving in a little to the "run no matter what" mentality.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1g7qtpch said:
This was the Rams front 7

Rams were ranked 30th against the run coming in . . .

Lacy and Rawls are bad, exacerbated by a line that can’t run or pass block.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I'm convinced that if they fix the o-line everything else falls in.

RW92

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1upi0wla said:
Scorpion05":1upi0wla said:

You speak the truth. Our best options however are to go with our best talent. And that is Rawls. Lacy is done. A waste of time. No spark in his approach to the line of scrimmage. Most of his carries go for no gain or lose of yards.

The other problem I see is separation of our receivers down the field with speed. I have spoken about this in the past and it's fallen on deaf ears on this board. One Lockett appears to me to have lost a step. And any time Russ finds someone open there's a defender right on top of them. Right now Mckissic is our biggest deep threat. Yes he's faster than Tyler and should be running back kick offs and punts as well. Hopefully C.J. will stay healthy and add something to the mix.

Maybe Darboh will blossom as the season unfolds. But all in all it still was a great win. But there are challenges on the horizon that will further test the mentality of this team.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Not true.

Rawls just needs to get warmed up. We just lost our #1 back, and Rawls hasn't played in awhile. It's a rare running back that can come in and replace someone as good as Chris Carson. Especially with all the O Line shuffling.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
King Dog":uzrdj0fb said:
I tend to disagree. I believe we have an offensive line problem. Hasn't Collins gone for almost a hundy the past two weeks in Baltimore?

I don't disagree that the OL is bad but Chris Carson flashed behind the same OL. Rawls and Lacy are duds so far.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1b7z6wyz said:
Scorpion05":1b7z6wyz said:

And Gurley?, what's the Rams EXCUSES for not getting push for their Super Star RB today...He did tear it up in the last few games leading up to this one.........Oh Wait, maybe the Seahawks Defense had something to do with stopping Girlie.......Maybe the Rams Defense was charged by Wade Phillips to keep RW & the Run Game in check at all cost?

ivotuk

Reaction score
getnasty":18vl172h said:
King Dog":18vl172h said:

I don't disagree that the OL is bad but Chris Carson flashed behind the same OL. Rawls and Lacy are duds so far.

That's like saying "The#1 RB played well despite a bad oline, but the back ups can't when thrown in there."

Give these guys some time to get going. They've been relegated to back up and haven't gotten the carries Chris has.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Arizona has a running back problem. We have a minor inconvenience, and when cj gets back watch out.

mrblitz

Reaction score
collins is a good back. lacey is probably a great person, but collins might have been a better fit for this football team. as it is, lacey is going to have to get it going on the field.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
a shitty line will make Barry Sanders look like Bernie Sanders.....

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Leee-roy":2qhk21g1 said:
a shitty line will make Barry Sanders look like Bernie Sanders.....

LMAO....that would make a good sig

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3f3xm39o said:
Scorpion05":3f3xm39o said:

And where was ours ranked (before this game). Would you say anyone should be able to run over us then?

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
King Dog":3mc6nzaa said:

He's also lost two fumbles

capncrunch

Reaction score
Lacy looks too slow to me. I realize we are getting blown up on the line on a lot of those plays. I don't see anything wrong with Rawls. I would like to see Prosise have an expanded role and see how that goes. He has a combination of size and speed like Carson that could be very effective. I assume he'll be ready to go next game.

tersal

Reaction score
Remember how Rawls ran through Detroit in the playoffs last season, give him time and yes the blocking sucks. Russ carrying the offense.