Please re-up Sheldon Richardson

hawk45

Reaction score
co-signed. Richardson and Clark are the future, and I'm looking forward to those two.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Who are you going to cut this offseason to make that happen? Avril? Bennett? Kam? I would like to keep him too but it will be at the expense of one of the old dogs.

509hawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":1snmi4y5 said:
Who are you going to cut this offseason to make that happen? Avril? Bennett? Kam? I would like to keep him too but it will be at the expense of one of the old dogs.

I would be fine losing one of them to keep Richardson

hawk45

Reaction score
sdog1981":299a9yto said:

Avril or Bennett, given their age. It's a tough call but the right one.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
sdog1981":qqu830wx said:

And why not? You said it, "old dogs." I love Avril, but that neck injury might be an issue.

chris98251

Reaction score
Russell Wilson, then we can have Richardson and pay for a decent line again for a few years. We can draft a new 3rd round QB. :)

Polk738

Reaction score
I could definitely see Jimmy Graham being let go to sign Sheldon Richardson

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":i5oqwyfw said:
It's pretty straight forward on this one, you FIND A WAY to keep guys like this, Push come to shove, there are OTHER players that you can do without.

NJlargent

Reaction score
sdog1981":39piynbk said:

I'd drop Bennett and kam for Richardson.

hawk45

Reaction score
The fact that Richardson is young makes this pretty easy to me. If Bennett and Avril were younger, much tougher.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
We most definitely should. I'm gonna go out on a limb, considering the small sample, but I think this guy is the best DL that PC and JS have gotten so far.

I may have to take a step back though because the move Clark put on Whitworth that caused the fumble was unbelievable. There are only a select few football players that can put the combination of speed, strength and quickness Clark did there.

nanomoz

Reaction score
509hawk":1qpa35jx said:
sdog1981":1qpa35jx said:

The Hawks are scheduled to have $25-30 million in cap space. No one needs to be "cut." This whole song and dance is uninformed, and this fact is constantly pointed out, yet people keep on with it. So GD tiring.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Polk738":3o1wseo0 said:
I could definitely see Jimmy Graham being let go to sign Sheldon Richardson

I thought today proved why that's a bad idea. If Jimmy starts getting hot with Russ in the red zone, we're looking pretty deadly.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawk45":1cxvplcf said:
co-signed. Richardson and Clark are the future, and I'm looking forward to those two.

Agree. Love Avril, but healthy or not, Clark is playing better than Avril at this point IMO.

We have Lacy, Joeckel, Graham, Richardson and a few others possibly gone next year. We have the money, it's just a matter of who of those we keep and how much$$ to keep them.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I would love for the Hawks to find a way to keep him. He is a rare talent that the Hawks have been looking for for a long time.

2_0_6

Reaction score
In the event that Avril hangs them up, couple his salary with Graham's and Lane's if they decide to cut him and were looking north of $20mil available.

With that being said, I really hope that he recovers well and is atleast able to play out his deal.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
nanomoz":snm3h6g6 said:
509hawk":snm3h6g6 said:
sdog1981":snm3h6g6 said:

The Hawks are scheduled to have $25-30 million in cap space. No one needs to be "cut." This whole song and dance is uninformed, and this fact is constantly pointed out, yet people keep on with it. So GD tiring.

Thank you fur pointing that out. I didn't realize this. So much the better.

chris98251

Reaction score
That's now, we historically re negotiate contracts a year ahead of time, who do we try to re sign to an extension before the end of the season this year?