Tony Dungy - Seattle D held #1"O" to 10 pts w/5 Takeaways

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
With two starter out, in a place we've had problems in. Our D just went out and played a man's game today.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
We needed this game and they delivered. Just enough on offense but they got the job done. I'm sure they're not satisfied but we've got a bye coming up so some time to work on it. Very relieved with today's result.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Very proud of the Defense today. Even though they almost blew it at the end, they made enough plays throughout the day to get the win.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
Not much praise for Frank Clark out there. I thought he was a monster. I've been waiting for him to get a shot.

Seafan

Reaction score
Plus, it could have been tougher on the Rams if the Hawk D didn't get so many stupid penalties and that horrible open field tackle miss by Shaq.

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
Y'all drinking that Kool Aid, I see. Wayy too many third and long conversions by Goff. Not Rodgers or Brady, but Goff. I will admit the takeaways are back, tho which is great to see.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Leee-roy":1r8k9g00 said:
Not much praise for Frank Clark out there. I thought he was a monster. I've been waiting for him to get a shot.

I thought he played well in the run game and obviously had the huge sack/fumble, but prior to that I was pretty frustrated with him in the passing game. I only noticed one time where he tried to beat Whitworth to the inside. Every other time he tried to beat him around the edge and got pushed out behind Goff. I'd like to see some variety in the pass rush so he can truly take the leap to the player I think he could be. If it's the scheme, it's even more frustrating as Goff had all day most of the day.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
MarylandHawk":2h10o3b5 said:
Y'all drinking that Kool Aid, I see. Wayy too many third and long conversions by Goff. Not Rodgers or Brady, but Goff. I will admit the takeaways are back, tho which is great to see.
You are correct. The third down conversions are worrisome. However, without a stellar performance by this D in crucial situations (red zone), we lose this game as our O didn't do much at all.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It's not like Goff is just another QB who should be a backup, but lucked into a starting job. In McVay's system, he is blossoming into the franchise QB he was drafted to be. He has thrown for 1,360 yards compared to Rodgers 1,367. They have been moving the ball well, and have has good 3rd down success. This isn't 2016 Goff.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1yaxxq33 said:
It's not like Goff is just another QB who should be a backup, but lucked into a starting job. In McVay's system, he is blossoming into the franchise QB he was drafted to be. He has thrown for 1,360 yards compared to Rodgers 1,367. They have been moving the ball well, and have has good 3rd down success. This isn't 2016 Goff.

I haven't seen him play this year, but I didn't really see much of an improvement over the blinding green game last year. The only time he really impressed me was the final drive.

hawker84

Reaction score
MarylandHawk":3jvpyxp1 said:

Yep, and not to mention, we got lucky on that last drive, Goff overthrew a wide open Coup. I saw a lot of missed tackles and wide open receivers. The defense is damn good, but nowhere near 2012 good...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Goff, Goff, Goff! But it's only Goff. Still had the number one offense in the league up until this game. Goff played well, but the defense played better. They won us the game this week, just like the offense won it for us last week.

Say what you will, but the defense had the timely plays to swing the game in our favor when they needed, and they ultimately won the game for us. A nail-biter to be sure, but then, most of the Rams games are. I'd mentally pegged this game as a loss. So glad to see them step up like they did.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
hawker84":145qcez4 said:
MarylandHawk":145qcez4 said:

Yep, and not to mention, we got lucky on that last drive, Goff overthrew a wide open Coup. I saw a lot of missed tackles and wide open receivers. The defense is damn good, but nowhere near 2012 good...
I think you mean 2013. 2012 was good but not elite yet.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Goff is much improved. Hard fought game between the teams. Both left some opportunities on the field. No complaints here. The better team won, period. As usual, the Rams are overrated.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1oe6xhzo said:
Leee-roy":1oe6xhzo said:

I thought he played well in the run game and obviously had the huge sack/fumble, but prior to that I was pretty frustrated with him in the passing game. I only noticed one time where he tried to beat Whitworth to the inside. Every other time he tried to beat him around the edge and got pushed out behind Goff. I'd like to see some variety in the pass rush so he can truly take the leap to the player I think he could be. If it's the scheme, it's even more frustrating as Goff had all day most of the day.

Whitworth had only allowed ONE hurry all season prior to our game. He has only given up 10 sacks over the last 3 seasons. He is an elite pass blocking LT. After Lewan's domination during the TEN game, it was nice to see our DL make a play against an elite LT for once.

Seymour

Reaction score
Overall the D played well, especially Thomas, Richardson and Clark. However, I was not the least but impressed with Coleman who was a big liability on several big plays.