Jarran Reed

Polk738

Reaction score
Am I seeing this right? Is Jarran Reed finally getting interior push up the middle? If this is the case then this is huge for the defense considering he was never drafted to be this type of player.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
He was shoving his man back into Goff pretty effectively today. I noticed that a lot from the line in general; they often were just trying to jam the OL into Goff, and it had a huge impact. It doesn't look great on the stat sheet, but it probably helped keep him contained.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He was a first round pick that we got in the second round. You're right though, he was drafted as a run stopper.

hawk45

Reaction score
Great timing by JS getting Reed to replace Mebane. We were all scurred as hell when Mebane left but the run D in the middle has still been solid with Reed in there.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I think he has gotten better (he was already playing well) combined with the fact that O-lines can only double so many players. What I have noticed is the opposition is doubling Richardson and Bennett leaving Reed one on one and he is taking full advantage of it.