O-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Yet another one of those threads.

IMHO the O-line is continually getting better. Not by leaps and bounds but incrementally. Yes they have plenty of room to improve but they don't suck a s bad as they did our first two games. I hope to see some more steady improvement throughout the season. What say you all?

BTW I am not sure why we did not employ more of what we did against Indy on offense (2nd half) with more designed roll outs with Russell. They seemed to work well but I know the Rams D is a different beast so there is that.

Seymour

Reaction score
They looked better than they did last year against that D front. I'll call it progress with a ways to go to "get there".

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Seahawk offensive line played better today. The Rams have changed their defense a bit. It think it's hurting Aaron Donald. He's not the monster in this defense (3-4 formation) that he was in the 4-3.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I will admit that they looked better today. Hope its a continuing trend.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I would say they had a solid game. However, not consistent enough for the offense to get into a rhythm. Russell had a clean pocket in moments but an O-line needs to have more consistency to build offensive chemistry and rhythm

hawk45

Reaction score
It's weird, they played okay in pass pro (terrible in run blocking), and the worst pass pro came in our TD drive where Russ and Bevell got it done despite them.

The level of run frustration against a bottom dwelling Ram run D is concerning, but since we got the win I'm looking on the bright side.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Ifedi and Joeckel making big strides. That's really good news. Interested to see PFF's take on it. But as it stands, it's looking like the OL is beginning to take shape for us.

That was the Rams that we didn't get totally destroyed by. That was a big litmus test for this group and I think they really shined comparatively speaking.

May have been a better game than the Colts game considering the level of competition. That's probably the best DL we face all year.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Against that front much better than expected. Biggest missed scheme block was Rawls before the half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I just don't understand, Can a LT really have the impact to make a poor OL, that good all by himself?

Rams had a very crappy OL, but today, they looked very good... and just because they got a FA LT.

Why wouldn't the Hawks do everything they could to secure a workable LT? Just amazing they think a work around is ok.

Atradees

Reaction score
Saw Ifedi blocking from behind the dine man again. Weird....at least he got his hands on him without running 10 yards or drawing a penalty.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":xu2apbfh said:
I just don't understand, Can a LT really have the impact to make a poor OL, that good all by himself?

Rams had a very crappy OL, but today, they looked very good... and just because they got a FA LT.

Why wouldn't the Hawks do everything they could to secure a workable LT? Just amazing they think a work around is ok.

They had a decent o line. They got a high price veteran that we couldn't afford. It's not that easy.

"Why can't we do what that other team is doing?" Is never a good philosophy.

We were looking to the future with the chance of Fant becoming an excellent YOUNG Left Tackle. Which is much better than signing an older, expensive free agent

This team has had so much success because their philosophy is to build from within, and stay young.

Whereas Tim Ruskell signed every high priced free agent he could.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
ivotuk":2jkrnfep said:
Bobblehead":2jkrnfep said:

They had a decent o line. They got a high price veteran that we couldn't afford. It's not that easy.

We were looking to the future with the chance of Fant becoming an excellent YOUNG Left Tackle. Which is much better than signing an older, expensive free agent

This team has had so much success because their philosophy is to build from within, and stay young.

The trouble with looking towards the future is that, the future is now. We've been working with this line for the past 4 years with nothing to show for it.. and now, Fant is gone and will only be a hopeful for the future. We seem to work the CAP when we want something, Richards comes to mind, and really, I would rather have a Good LT that would solidify our OL.

BTW a young Left Tackle, that cannot tackle or is injured is not better than an aging expensive FA, who happened to be all-pro.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Joeckel looked good most of the game. Ditto Britt. Aboushi was abused by Donald a few times, but who isn't? He also moved to the second level way too soon a few times. That's correctable.

Ifedi and Odihambo both had a number of "WTF were you thinking" moments. The Quinn sack of Wilson where Quinn was actually running 145 mph at the point he hit Russ stands out among them. Russ is lucky he didn't shit out some vital organs.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Those two are still struggling but it doesn't look like lack of effort. There are just too many plays where they don't understand who it is they are supposed to block first.

RussB

Reaction score
Expected them to do alot worse against the rams front. They are improving, slowly but surely.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3h5puu2q said:
ivotuk":3h5puu2q said:
Bobblehead":3h5puu2q said:

The trouble with looking towards the future is that, the future is now. We've been working with this line for the past 4 years with nothing to show for it.. and now, Fant is gone and will only be a hopeful for the future. We seem to work the CAP when we want something, Richards comes to mind, and really, I would rather have a Good LT that would solidify our OL.

BTW a young Left Tackle, that cannot tackle or is injured is not better than an aging expensive FA, who happened to be all-pro.

Good points all, but I don't think Whitworth was ever a real possibility for us. I'd rather have Sheldon Richardson and let our Oline grow together. Rees Odiahmbo is a very athletic left tackle, and while not All Pro, I think he will only get better.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
ivotuk":2jfgr2jt said:
Bobblehead":2jfgr2jt said:
ivotuk":2jfgr2jt said:
Bobblehead":2jfgr2jt said:

Good points all, but I don't think Whitworth was ever a real possibility for us. I'd rather have Sheldon Richardson and let our Oline grow together. Rees Odiahmbo is a very athletic left tackle, and while not All Pro, I think he will only get better.

Sorry about the rant.. just frustrated in our futility.. but I do share your optimism.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":7d6o79wh said:
Line was good today.

The backs were not.

to be clear..... you are blaming the backs for the free running pass rushers and also for the failure to open running lanes?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I thought they were better than the typical garbage they have been showing against the Rams recently. The overall result still was not good though. This run game is on life support.

Status
Not open for further replies.