Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Next up: Giants

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Next up: Giants
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:04 pm
  • That is a team in a world of hurt. 0-5 and they lost three WRs and a special teams players to injuries today. OBJ out for the season.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Re: Next up: Giants
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:12 pm
  • Seafan wrote:That is a team in a world of hurt. 0-5 and they lost three WRs and a special teams players to injuries today. OBJ out for the season.

It's October and the start to the usual run. I'm not sorry about the Giants because Eli deserves every second of this oncoming disaster. Whiny ass spoiled brat refusing to play for a team he didn't pick.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:21 pm
  • Josea16 wrote:
    Seafan wrote:That is a team in a world of hurt. 0-5 and they lost three WRs and a special teams players to injuries today. OBJ out for the season.

It's October and the start to the usual run. I'm not sorry about the Giants because Eli deserves every second of this oncoming disaster. Whiny ass spoiled brat refusing to play for a team he didn't pick.

+1
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:47 pm
  • I doubt he is having any regrets. Dude won 2 SBs, made probowls, got rich and is probably heading to hall of fame.
    northseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:23 pm
  • Giants have the Broncos and then the seahawks. No rest for the weary. Our remaining road games is it crazy to say Jacksonville is the only team with a winning record.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:31 pm
  • Eli also had an X ray for some neck issue. Ereck Flowers kneed him in the head apparently... as if that guy wasn't taking enough heat from the NY media. Is it feasible the Giants could be 0-7 after our game?
    adeltaY
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:51 pm
  • Seafan wrote:That is a team in a world of hurt. 0-5 and they lost three WRs and a special teams players to injuries today. OBJ out for the season.

Hawks have a bye. Then play this hurting team.

I expect at least, what 30+? idk, it is a road game.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:53 pm
  • WestcoastSteve wrote:Giants have the Broncos and then the seahawks. No rest for the weary. Our remaining road games is it crazy to say Jacksonville is the only team with a winning record.

Jacksonville is very good and by any logical measurement a division winner.

Beyond the AFCE and NFCW you have three strong teams in each division, all with critical flaws and fairly even in talent.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:56 pm
  • Anyone think we can shut 'em out again?
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:56 pm
  • Us after byes is always sluggish, throw in cross country travel. Thankfully later start. Winless teams are always scary but thankfully they look like a dumpster fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DJ_CJ
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:23 am
  • Threedee wrote:Anyone think we can shut 'em out again?

They lost their big weapon. Offensively i'm not afraid of them , i think we can beat them.
    Gio
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:18 am
  • This has trap game written all over it. Giants are a complete mess offensively but the Giants D is decent. That being said, I would hope that our D dominates this game and that our O can wear out their D and put up some points.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:31 am
  • WmHBonney wrote:This has trap game written all over it. Giants are a complete mess offensively but the Giants D is decent. That being said, I would hope that our D dominates this game and that our O can wear out their D and put up some points.

Yup. I would prefer they had their first win prior to playing us, but with them playing Denver next week I don't see how that's going to happen.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:43 am
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:34 am
  • Giants will be tough. Prior to 2013 we sucked badly at Giants stadium. Our offense also doesn't put games away.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:53 am
  • Our last four games at MetLife Stadium have gone very well. We beat the Jets last year despite Russell Wilson probably being at his most injured, won the freaking Super Bowl, shut out the Giants 23-0 in 2013, and had a memorable back-and-forth game in 2011 in which Browner sealed it with a pick-six.

Before all their injuries on Sunday, the only thing giving me caution about expecting a shutout was their wide receivers. Their o-line is hot garbage, maybe even worse than ours. They don't even have a decent RB. And now with no o-line and no WRs, the only way they score on us is from turnovers. But I think they're now missing something else critically important: motivation. At 0-5 (likely to be 0-6 after Denver) and a decimated team, what are they playing for anymore? We've all seen how Eli Manning plays when he's not motivated. I'm calling it now. We're shutting them out again.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:25 am
  • A desperate team at home can be dangerous and should not be taken lightly.

I doubt many thought the Giants would be 0-5 and possibly 0-6 or 1-5 when we saw the schedule and it became Seattle's time to play them. They are a better team than their record shows.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:31 am
  • Brandon Marshall also now out for the season with an ankle injury.
    homerun1970
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:56 am
  • I will assume nothing, but I see yet another ugly half, with the Hawks pulling away in the 2nd half.

Hawks 27-13
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:14 am
  • This will be a cakewalk. MetLife is C-link east.
    The Giants have zero offense with all of their players hurt and a beat up Eli.

I expect to see a lot of "Manning face"! 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:16 am
  • I want to see Rawls and Lacy just run, run, run in this one. Just put Glow in at LG and let's go.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:40 am
  • No trap. This is a W. Book it. To say they are in disarray is an understatement. And let's not forget, we OWN Met Life stadium. That's our Official Home Away From Home. We are undefeated there and we don't just beat the Giants there, we dismantle them.

Seahawks 33 - Giants 10

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 am

Not to mention that Eli is getting abused like a red headed step wife as well. :twisted:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:57 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Not to mention that Eli is getting abused like a red headed step wife as well. :twisted:

Nothing, it seems, is ever a "slam dunk" for the Seahawks! We "tend to play down" to our competition in games like this. However, if there was ever an opportunity for Russ to "get hot" and score 42 points....this is his chance.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:07 am
  • WestcoastSteve wrote:Giants have the Broncos and then the seahawks. No rest for the weary. Our remaining road games is it crazy to say Jacksonville is the only team with a winning record.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That belongs right up there with "Justin Britt: Elite Pass Protector" in the category of "Stuff I Never Thought I'd See".
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:22 am
  • To be fair to the Giants, their defense is still very talented and could shut down an offense like ours without it being much of a surprise. Landon Collins, OV, JPP, Snacks, Jackrabbit, and DRC are no joke. This might turn out like the Niners game. Then again, if they lose motivation and our defense keeps forcing turnovers and 3 and outs, we can probably start to run on them and pick up chunk plays.
    adeltaY
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:40 am
  • Doesn't usually matter who the opponent is on the road, it will be closer than it should be.

17-10 Seahawks
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:58 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:Image

:ditto: This has trap game written all over it. I'm not confident about this game at all. When everyone expects this team to win in a blow out, it's usually anything but that
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:20 pm
  • While it might seem like a trap game, I think the Hawks cruise yet again at MetLife. The only way I see anything changing is if they go on a firing spree between now and next Monday that lights a fire within the locker room -- otherwise that team is hot garbage and nothing is going to change that against quality opponents. They've played almost all of their games close, but they haven't played anybody with a defense of our stature.

Bad o-line, nobodies for RBs, basically zero receiving threats after this week, Eli is and has been awful... As long as we don't give them some points off of turnovers it's going to be a long day for the Giants.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:29 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:This has trap game written all over it. Giants are a complete mess offensively but the Giants D is decent. That being said, I would hope that our D dominates this game and that our O can wear out their D and put up some points.

I don't see that myself. I see this as an old fashioned Seahawks ass whooping.

Now you wanna talk about trap game I'm fairly concerned about Washington. Looks to me like they'll come to town 3-4, and we'll probably give 4.5 points on the spread cause everyone will think we're rolling at 5-2. But they really went fast on defense and with a pretty good combination of Cousins and Reed on the other side of the ball too, I'm not liking that one.

But the GIants?

C'mon Man! We're going to kick their butts so bad Eli might call PeyPey for a shoulder to cry on. They might be down to TO in a wheelchair for receivers so our offense is going to get 7,000 possessions.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:42 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Nothing, it seems, is ever a "slam dunk" for the Seahawks! We "tend to play down" to our competition in games like this. However, if there was ever an opportunity for Russ to "get hot" and score 42 points....this is his chance.

I don't consider this a slam dunk with this offense. I was mostly joking since there is no such thing as a step wife. ;)
    But yes, a loss against the Giants would not completely shock me to be honest. We do seem to like MetLife though.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:43 pm
  • Still an east coast road game against a desperate team.

But the Giants are in shambles, and are about the get the snot kicked out of them by the Broncos in Denver........and we have a bye.

Not that our record is super awesome after a bye, but if there's one road game I like so far this year, this is the one. Broncos are going to kill the Giants, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're firing coaches by the time we get to NY in two weeks.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:27 pm
  • I think you folks are overlooking the importance of the NY Media scrutinizing their teams and not letting them get away with anything. The media circus around the Giants will have them in top form for our game.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:38 pm
  • If that teams needs the media to motivate them, they are in big trouble.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:02 pm
  • This could be a 6-9 score game. They have a defense that can easily shut down our anemic offense
    northseahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:31 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:While it might seem like a trap game, I think the Hawks cruise yet again at MetLife. The only way I see anything changing is if they go on a firing spree between now and next Monday that lights a fire within the locker room -- otherwise that team is hot garbage and nothing is going to change that against quality opponents. They've played almost all of their games close, but they haven't played anybody with a defense of our stature.

Bad o-line, nobodies for RBs, basically zero receiving threats after this week, Eli is and has been awful... As long as we don't give them some points off of turnovers it's going to be a long day for the Giants.

I agree with all your points about them except I think Eli has been playing pretty well the past three weeks. He was awful the first couple of games but he hasn't been why they've lost the past few games. Now, if the pass rush can feast against their OL and we can lock down what's left of their receivers, I'm sure he'll look bad again.
    adeltaY
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:21 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    Seafan wrote:That is a team in a world of hurt. 0-5 and they lost three WRs and a special teams players to injuries today. OBJ out for the season.

Hawks have a bye. Then play this hurting team.

I expect at least, what 30+? idk, it is a road game.

Not sure about the offense because their DL is still ok. Russell may just toss it over their heads all game.

I expect our DL to get 10 sacks that game though. Seriously. Clark 3, Richardson 2, Bennett 2, Naz Jones 1, Wagner 1, and new guy 1.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:47 am

Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:36 pm
  • Wouldn’t be surprised if the giants go 1-15, and there only win is against us. If it’s windy that day those gusts in that stadium are no joke.
    hawks85
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:39 pm
  • 0-16 is a serious possibility. Their team is in trouble. McAdoo likely gets replaced.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:43 pm
  • iigakusei wrote:http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20991526/new-york-giants-cornerback-dominique-rodgers-cromartie-suspended-team

Sounds like a one game suspension for now....
    Either way, internal strife for them is a good thing for the 'Hawks.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:59 pm
  • So right now the Gnats have no DB's?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:13 pm
  • Before the biggest millennial poster child was carted off the field crying like a little girl I knew the Hawks were going to curb stomp the Gi iants. All this crap about them being good and on the rise is just smoke and mirrors. That team has been bad for 5 years. Eli is a coat tail rider, he cant carry a team, never has. He is not his older brother, not even close.

Hawks are going to get up on the Giants early and coast. The injuries to their WR corp just solidifies my take on the next game. The Giants were not as good as the media has attempted to portray (go figure, largest media market) and the Hawks players know what town they will be playing in. Hawks are much more prepared to play in front of a huge audience than the Giants are. Look for Sherman to have a huge game, it's the stage he lives for.
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 pm
  • I don't think we have the confidence yet for any game to be a trap game yet. I think we're still searching for our identity and this will be just another game to build upon the last game. I think if we win the next 3, the Card game will definitely be a trap game.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:57 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:I don't think we have the confidence yet for any game to be a trap game yet.

Agreed; but we do have the incompetence for a trap game.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:I don't think we have the confidence yet for any game to be a trap game yet.

Agreed; but we do have the incompetence for a trap game.

We have the incompetence for a bad game, not a trap game :)
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:07 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:We have the incompetence for a bad game, not a trap game :)

Well...We do have a pretty long history under Pete Carroll of playing up to AND down to our competition.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:18 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:We have the incompetence for a bad game, not a trap game :)

Well...We do have a pretty long history under Pete Carroll of playing up to AND down to our competition.

Strange huh?

But, yes, you're right, we do have the incompetence to fall into trap games.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:19 pm
  • They should dominate. But im not 100% convinced, it always seems like these gimme games always end up turning into a crap shoot that goes fubar.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:23 am
  • If you went to the giants Seahawks games in the 80s and 90s and up until 2010 (Which I think was the year we had a late pick six to seal it) in the meadowlands you would understand why I am stressed. Back then we didn't travel and I was always one of five fans in the entire stadium and as i kid that was tough.

Now that I just thought about all those games I hope we destroy them.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information