That's Seahawks football!

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
It's funny to come on here after a win and see so many naysayers! It's a victory, celebrate it! This team has many "ugly" wins every season. That's good, you've got to win the close ones! Throughout this team's success with coach Carroll, it's always started with a strong D and an offense that does just enough to win. It's looking like we're in the drivers seat of this division much earlier in the season than I expected us to be! Enjoy it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You can't actually be surprised. The Debbie Downer's refuse to enjoy wins. They'd rather point out negatives after a WIN. Oh well, to each his/her own. Go Hawks

bmorepunk

Reaction score
There's still things to be concerned about. But this team won ugly, as they have quite a lot. I'll take it and have a nice couple of weeks football-wise.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I expected nothing less than an ugly win. That's how this team does it. Don't care how, no style points.
Obviously they gotta' get that running game rolling. Feels like the Bye week is coming at a real good time too.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will never understand negativity after a win. Or how we "escaped" (i.e. got lucky as if we weren't deserving of a victory) with the win. Give me a break. Does Tom Brady throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs every game? Please. Winning is HARD in the NFL. Especially these days when parity rules. To go down to LA and beat what was up until yesterday the most prolific offense in the NFL...That's not luck. That's GRIT.

The Seahawks showed that they are not going to be giving up the division any time soon. It was a GREAT WIN!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Games down to the wire are common, it happens. You should never apologize and/or feel bad about a Win. To say this fan base has become ridiculous spoiled is an understatement.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Aros":8b4ordjc said:
I will never understand negativity after a win. Or how we "escaped" (i.e. got lucky as if we weren't deserving of a victory) with the win. Give me a break. Does Tom Brady throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs every game? Please. Winning is HARD in the NFL. Especially these days when parity rules. To go down to LA and beat what was up until yesterday the most prolific offense in the NFL...That's not luck. That's GRIT.

The Seahawks showed that they are not going to be giving up the division any time soon. It was a GREAT WIN!!

Super Bowl winning teams get lucky. A lot.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I don't see how a team that is this useless at running the ball could be considered to be playing "Seahawks football"

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That was a great win heading into the bye week. No significant injuries yesterday.

It's easy to point out how inept Bevell is at this or that, but I'll keep quiet about him after a win. Its great they beat these Rams who they always seem to struggle against. The same Rams that went down to Dallas and won last week.

Go Seahawks!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
bmorepunk":r8bu8dqu said:
Aros":r8bu8dqu said:

Very true. In 2013 the Hawks had a handful of ugly, "lucky" wins. People seem to forget that and think we just cruised to a Super Bowl.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's been at least 3 years since we've had a "clean win" over the Rams, and I don't even know how long since we've dominated them at their house. Any win is a good win over the team that has owned us the last 3 years.

Look at all the flukey wins that Fisher got the Rams to pull off against us. Fake punts, weird trick plays, etc. A handful of their wins came because of weird trick plays that only work once and Fisher uncorked them against us. Guess what? They still counted as wins.

I picked the Hawks to lose yesterday and I couldn't be happier to be wrong. I don't care how it happened.

sutz

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1lwj66yf said:
bmorepunk":1lwj66yf said:
Aros":1lwj66yf said:

Very true. In 2013 the Hawks had a handful of ugly, "lucky" wins. People seem to forget that and think we just cruised to a Super Bowl.
Two sayings come to mind.

1. It's better to be lucky than good. ;)

2. The harder I work, the luckier I get. :)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ce276ck said:
You can't actually be surprised. The Debbie Downer's refuse to enjoy wins. They'd rather point out negatives after a WIN. Oh well, to each his/her own. Go Hawks

I am a fully formed sports fan, capable of feeling more than one emotion after games.

So it's not black and white for me. I LOVED how the D played, fast and physical, awesome to see. But I'm still super frustrated with the offense. When the defense gives you TWO turnovers on the Ram's half of the field...........you gotta put the game away.

Cause if Kupp catches that game winner? THAT'S what we're talking about today, another terrible offensive performance. Didn't happen, and that's awesome. But holy moly Russell, put the damn game away when the D gives you the ball on a silver platter at the Ram's 25 with 5 minutes left.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I get it, but we're NOT talking about it, because it didn't happen. 60 minutes to score more than 10 points at home. Game could have went either way, plenty of blown opportunities for both teams.
Running game needs to improve. But if people want to be unhappy after a win, go for it. Just not my own preference, that's all. Play calling was ridiculous conservative at the end of the game imo. Hopefully they improve on that and go for the throat in the future. Especially when you just need a first down to seal the deal, and you refuse to call a roll out for Russ. Makes zero sense.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay I will play along.

So were there plenty of frustrating moments? Hell yes! I was LIVID at the lack of pressure on Goff!! We just couldn't get home and our one and only sack came when Goff fell down. I could have made that sack.

Offense was inept in the first quarter, and really, pretty much throughout. The stats show anything but a prolific showing.

I will say it again, last I checked even Tom Brady and the Patriots don't look all that great every game. It's life in the NFL.

Just happy today that we won a gritty game against a Rams team on the rise in their house.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pats just won a game because the Bucs kicker missed 3 field goals. They won another game largely because of crap time management by the Texans. Niners lost to the Lambs on a crap PI call. Lions lost to the Falcons on a very iffy call. Falcons barely beat the Bears. Ugly happens all over the league.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3iu4pl70 said:
I get it, but we're NOT talking about it, because it didn't happen. 60 minutes to score more than 10 points at home. Game could have went either way, plenty of blown opportunities for both teams.
Running game needs to improve. But if people want to be unhappy after a win, go for it. Just not my own preference, that's all. Play calling was ridiculous conservative at the end of the game imo. Hopefully they improve on that and go for the throat in the future. Especially when you just need a first down to seal the deal, and you refuse to call a roll out for Russ. Makes zero sense.

Exactly, we just said the same thing.

Hell of a win, I'll take it. But big negative takeaway is once again the offense is terrible on the road, even when handed the ball twice on the opponent's side of the field.