PFF: Ifedi has best game of season, Others not so much

Scorpion05

Reaction score
According to PFF, Germain Ifedi had his best game of the season, with a grade of 77.9

Starting right tackle Germain Ifedi had his best pass blocking game of the season, allowing just one quarterback pressure (hurry) on 43 pass block snaps. Ifedi had previously given up 15 pressures in 4 games coming into today

"However, PFF didn’t think much of Seattle’s overall pass blocking, writing: “The Seahawks were at the bottom of the league in pass block efficiency (68.0) as a unit on Sunday (prior to the final Sunday night game), allowing 1 sack, 5 hits, and 12 hurries. These numbers to not include the 4 additional pressures allowed by non-offensive linemen. Wilson was pressured on 51.2 percent of his drop-backs, which was 10.2% higher than his season average coming into the game.”"

PFF also gives Russell Wilson a grade of 64.6, but notes that most throws were rushed and that his opportunities were limited. Wade Phillips took away the long developing deep passing plays

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... es-rams-10

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... -and-more/

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bring on the short timing routes, TE slants, short outs, and fades. Then figure out how to run the darn ball.

This will back off the opponents D and that may allow RW more time as the game goes along.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I thought the whole OLine looked incrementally better and we should remember the Rams can bring the heat up the middle.

mikeak

Reaction score
we had a few really good drives. The issue is that once we got up 3 pts we decided that we could run the ball and spend 20 mins on one drive.

It didn't work and instead we failed to get any more 1st downs because we didn't stick to what was working

raisethe3

Reaction score
I remember last week y'all was trashing him, lol.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Now if he can stop being baited into false starts by his own quarterback.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Nobody else seems to have that problem on the line.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He seemed to whiff a few times and surrender too much ground a few times, to my eyes. Not as bad as Odihambo, but I noticed.

Hard to judge the interior too harshly versus Donald, who is probably the best three-technique DT I've ever seen.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've killed Ifedi on here multiple times but he does deserve some credit. I think PFF grades are generally garbage as they are done in real time from the TV broadcast but still, he looked much better this week. Hope the trend continues.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Freaking Aaron Donald. Dude's a beast. Might even be better than Sapp in his heyday.

How about Graham with an 82 blocking grade ?!

This makes sense about Ifedi. Sure he played last year, but at Guard. Tackle is different and there's going to be a learning curve. Seeing an upward trend is a good thing.

Latest posts