Frank Clark

smashmouth59

Reaction score
Frank Clark had another coming out party in LA.

He has always been a great situational pass rusher and even helped out inside with good results.

I thought he stood out yesterday as much as Earl as far as defensive game balls go.

He may be as good or better than Avril (already one of the better 4-3 de's against the run).

I saw him rag doll Whitworth more than once, his hand fighting looks identical to Michael Bennet, and he speed rushed Whitworth for a strip sack that look a lot like Avrils strip sack of Aaron Rodgers in week 1. Then, to see Sheldon Richardson pick up the fumble and run it back like they had called it in the huddle looked like Avril/Bennett 2.0 from the legendary LOB years.

Brock and Salk were suggesting that Cliff (if he returns) will be the situational pass rusher and Frank Clark will be the new starting Leo.

I was waiting for someone else who is a better writer to say this stuff so I could chime in but I thought it deserved it's own thread. Thoughts?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seriously, people. Go back and watch that strip sack play. His hand movements were almost too fast to see with the human eye. Holy CRAP that was a Hall of Fame play. I am trying to remember the last time I saw someone look that SICK on a defensive play. I can't believe it's not being highlighted on post game shows. Insane.

Reaction score
For all the smack this team takes for some our recent draft picks. What a find Frank Clark was he was ballin yesterday. I look forward on seeing what he can due as starter on this defense. Great pick imo. When he created that fumble yesterday that was a hell of a play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Clark's always been a great pass rusher, but what I was impressed with yesterday is how sound and nasty he was with his 1st and 2nd down run duties.

He set the edge and destroyed his gap assignments the entire game. I dare say better than Avril has in at least two years.

So even if Avril does come back, I doubt Clark is out for 1st down. It's gonna be Avril spelling Clark. Just hope he holds up.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He's quickly becoming the next star of this defense. You could argue he's been the best defensive lineman this year. Reed is also playing much better the past couple of weeks.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I've ran into Frank Clark a few times. Awesome to talk to.

I've always been a fan of him. I've been saying all along, Clark is the future!

He's gonna wreck a lot of offensive lines this year!

Jville

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3l4lu7vg said:
Clark's always been a great pass rusher, but what I was impressed with yesterday is how sound and nasty he was with his 1st and 2nd down run duties.

He set the edge and destroyed his gap assignments the entire game. I dare say better than Avril has in at least two years.

So even if Avril does come back, I doubt Clark is out for 1st down. It's gonna be Avril spelling Clark. Just hope he holds up.

Your spot on. Player development is a process. Clark has made a big jump with his run discipline. He looks like he is well on his way to earning a starting role on the outside. His continuing development is a huge plus for the 2017 season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
austinslater25":22yi8v8v said:
He's quickly becoming the next star of this defense. You could argue he's been the best defensive lineman this year. Reed is also playing much better the past couple of weeks.

He has been the best defender this year, although Richardson is a close 2nd, just doesn't get the praise because doing things like collapsing the pocket and soaking up double teams so guys like Clark can make plays doesn't show up on the highlight reel or stat sheet.

Osprey

Reaction score
Aros":sxii8zlp said:
Seriously, people. Go back and watch that strip sack play. His hand movements were almost too fast to see with the human eye. Holy CRAP that was a Hall of Fame play. I am trying to remember the last time I saw someone look that SICK on a defensive play. I can't believe it's not being highlighted on post game shows. Insane.

[youtube]9pfOITo3U3Y[/youtube]

/seconded

Hawks46

Reaction score
Clark is younger, I can see him starting over Cliff while Cliff starts to get some more rest as he gets older. Would probably prolong Avril's career a year or two, if he comes back.

On that strip sack, look at the other DE: Goff gets hit, knocked forward a half of a step, and runs right into the RT that the LDE walked back into his lap. If I'm not mistaken, that's the new guy. He was half a step from his fifth pressure.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Clark is a star in the making. He is fast, quick hands and feet and jumps the snap. He is gonna be a force for years.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Aros":2u2s4245 said:

I have talked about this a couple times too. It was ridiculous. He is already a stud player but on that play it looked like he took a super serum of some sort. Not to overstate but I will defend it, last guy I saw move like Clark did on that play was LT.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Hawks46":gbgwdibe said:
Clark is younger, I can see him starting over Cliff while Cliff starts to get some more rest as he gets older. Would probably prolong Avril's career a year or two, if he comes back.

On that strip sack, look at the other DE: Goff gets hit, knocked forward a half of a step, and runs right into the RT that the LDE walked back into his lap. If I'm not mistaken, that's the new guy. He was half a step from his fifth pressure.

That was Bennett.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Frank Clark has superman strength with freaky athleticism. Hes what bruce irvin was suppose to be

themunn

Reaction score
Osprey":1s3z6b4a said:
Aros":1s3z6b4a said:

/seconded

That's an All-Pro tackle right there, earning $12m a year. Great play by Clark - though had it been somebody against our line we'd be yelling for them to be cut....