Seahawks offense on opening drive. (Streak at 18 games)

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Long time lurker! (Old account won't work)

I keep hearing the hawks offense hasn't scored for 18 straight opening drives. (18 games)

I have seen it posted here and on twitter. Is this just for regular season games? I'm pretty sure hawks drove down and scored a TD vs Atlanta in the playoffs last year. So wouldn't it be once in 18? :D

Our offense is sub par but its hard when most the money is on the defense.

Anyways I've finally logged in on new account.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
They scored a field goal on an opening drive last month. And you're correct, we scored to open the Atlanta game.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":cjzsdt06 said:
They scored a field goal on an opening drive last month. And you're correct, we scored to open the Atlanta game.

OK thanks. I thought maybe I was confused. I have been seeing this on Twitter and on here as well. So I thought maybe I was wrong.

ivotuk

Reaction score
:greetingsearthling: And welcome to .NET.

They'll get going soon enough. I think losing Chris Carson really hurt us though. He was the main back that actually played a lot last year, and late in the year. So he was in the best condition to start the season as the #1 Running Back.

We have Buzzard Luck when it comes to injuries. The last 12 or so months have been horrific! 2 broken legs, lose our starting RB, Lose our starting Left Tackle that actually played last year, injuries along the defensive line...ugh...please, no more! :229031_banghead:

Seymour

Reaction score
ivotuk":1pfk8s69 said:

They'll get going soon enough. I think losing Chris Carson really hurt us though. He was the main back that actually played a lot last year, and late in the year. So he was in the best condition to start the season as the #1 Running Back.

We have Buzzard Luck when it comes to injuries. The last 12 or so months have been horrific! 2 broken legs, lose our starting RB, Lose our starting Left Tackle that actually played last year, injuries along the defensive line...ugh...please, no more! :229031_banghead:

What?
Carson is a rookie and did not play here last season.

Get it going soon enough? Hasn't happened in the last year plus, so I would doubt that myself.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Seymour":1g8d5ajs said:
ivotuk":1g8d5ajs said:

What?

Get it going soon enough? Hasn't happened in the last year plus, so I would doubt that myself.
Is he testing the newby or serious? :snack:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":9zo26mw9 said:
Russ Willstrong":9zo26mw9 said:
Seymour":9zo26mw9 said:
ivotuk":9zo26mw9 said:

What?

Is he testing the newby or serious? :snack:

Maybe too much imbibing this morning :irishdrinkers:
Carson was in college last year. ;)

Step away from the alchy.

rjdriver

Reaction score
ivotuk":16di5s2m said:

Alex Collins maybe?

We did lose him technically. He played late in the year and was OK.

If not, I want some of what ivotuk is drinking.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Just as a reminder, here's TD on opening drive numbers since Carroll got here:

2016 - 0 Regular Season (Reg) // 1 Playoff (Play)
2015 - 4 Reg // 0 Play
2014 - 3 Reg // 0 Play
2013 - 2 Reg // 0 Play (including Super Bowl)
2012 - 5 Reg // 0 Play
2011 - 5 Reg // <DNQ for Playoffs>
2010 - 4 Reg // 0 Play

They're not doing well so far this year and didn't do well last year, but "well" was apparently two games in 2013, including the playoffs/Super Bowl.