Bennett Plantar Fascia injury

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Pete mentioned this in his presser today.

Bad news. Extremely painful, likely to linger and have an impact all season (if confirmed as a tear)

nanomoz

Reaction score
Injuries have been worse this year, no? It's getting to the point that we're just about snakebitten.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The thing is you can play with that injury and not make it worse from what I have heard,
It is about how much pain can you tolerate.
SkyDoc can give us a real answer.I am more or less spectulating.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It is one of those frustrating, hard to nail down problems. The symptoms don't always correlate well with the severity of the damage. Like turf toe, each injury is unique and you can't necessarily predict how the patient will be able to function based on how others have recovered after a similar degree of injury. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear that he is pursuing PRP injections, orthotripsy, or possibly Regenokine injection during the bye week. Full recovery won't come until the off season unless he wants to take several weeks off mid-season. Being said, it wouldn't be uncommon for a player to play through the injury. There may be games where he has to come out for a while though. When it flares, it feels like your foot is being held in a puddle of burning gasoline.

soohawk

Reaction score
He will be riding the stationary bike a lot, very little practicing and suiting up on sundays to play... how effective he will be with the injury remains to be seen but he should be in the lineup

sdog1981

Reaction score
nanomoz":omqf0k9u said:
Injuries have been worse this year, no? It's getting to the point that we're just about snakebitten.

These guys have been playing 18-19 game seasons since 2012 it is going to add up for certain position groups.

Schadie001

Reaction score
I had it in my right foot for a solid year. He will be fine..it usually doesn’t hurt when you are active. It always hurt the worst in the morning or after I had been sitting for a while. There are shoe inserts that take the pressure off. It will be uncomfortable but not unplayable. There are worse injuries to have.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I had it from training for a marathon and it still gets aggravated 4 years later. Granted I didn't go through the kind of recovery Bennett will.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Damn that's a bummer it was a plantar fascia injury, but as stated already it's not the worst of things to deal with. Zach Miller dealt with it and played through it in 2012 or 2013 IIRC.

It's one of those nagging injuries that, as far as I know, requires total rest (as in no athletics) for it to fully heal. If we weren't already down Avril I'd like to see him take a few weeks off now and try to get it right for the rest of the season.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":mic58193 said:
Damn that's a bummer it was a plantar fascia injury, but as stated already it's not the worst of things to deal with. Zach Miller dealt with it and played through it in 2012 or 2013 IIRC.

It's one of those nagging injuries that, as far as I know, requires total rest (as in no athletics) for it to fully heal. If we weren't already down Avril I'd like to see him take a few weeks off now and try to get it right for the rest of the season.

I play a lot of tennis and am bothered by it ever so often.. I just throw some DMSO on it and I'm back playing next week.
DMSO.. hate the smell, but damn that stuff works.

Hachtung

Reaction score
Schadie001":yar6e1v7 said:
I had it in my right foot for a solid year. He will be fine..it usually doesn’t hurt when you are active. It always hurt the worst in the morning or after I had been sitting for a while. There are shoe inserts that take the pressure off. It will be uncomfortable but not unplayable. There are worse injuries to have.

So it’s worse from sitting down? Lmao....

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Schadie001":3u0j9vv3 said:

:ditto: Most can "play through" this type of injury.....so much worse getting up in the morning.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It's variable. For some it's worse the morning after activity. For me, it's worst during activity. If I step wrong, I get searing pain and fall to the ground. We won't really know how it will effect him until he plays on it.

netskier

Reaction score
Schadie001":1ii20ozv said:

Were you playing professional football with yours? Or any other activity somewhat comparable?

chris98251

Reaction score
netskier":3gfxyfyw said:
Schadie001":3gfxyfyw said:

Were you playing professional football with yours? Or any other activity somewhat comparable?

It will tighten up without activity, it's the tendon from the heal to the ball of your foot area, you can get it loose and stretch it cortisone sometimes helps, but as soon as your off of it for any length of time it tightens again and is one of the most painful things you can imagine, foot and mouth pain the two worst things I have ever had.

Over time and some exercises to stretch it out if not torn can recover, but it takes a while depending on degree, football where your putting extreme force on it when it is already tight could be an issue, being a lineman of any sort where your also taking on extra force and having to plant and lift could be one of the worst things. Just walking normal is an issue till you get it loose and it's like stepping on a nail every step.

netskier

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3dkegkrs said:

I recall Zach playing courageously with his injury, but never really playing well with it.