Report: Hawks have inquired about LT Duane Brown

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I said a straight up Michael Bennett for Duane Brown trade but that went down the toilet due to Bennetts Planter Fascia injury.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
How the heck could we make it work from a cap perspective?

Seymour

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":128jzzkx said:
How the heck could we make it work from a cap perspective?

By who they trade for him.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
I think Jimmy Graham for him would be enough. With a young QB, they're going to want to help him out. They need D-Line help obviously, but I think Graham would be enough to pry him away from Houston. I'd be content with Willson, Vannett, and calling up Swoopes from the practice squad.

nategreat

Reaction score
Even if we got him, I have a feeling his career would turn to ship here in Seattle, under Tom Cable and his worthless schemes.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
nategreat":2rg0rafg said:
Even if we got him, I have a feeling his career would turn to ship here in Seattle, under Tom Cable and his worthless schemes.

This is a good point. Does Duane Brown have experience playing in ZBS? Just because he's an all-pro doesn't mean much. That didn't help Jahri Evans. Is he a fit for the system that Cable runs is the important factor.

tersal

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2qoznz9a said:
I said a straight up Michael Bennett for Duane Brown trade but that went down the toilet due to Bennetts Planter Fascia injury.
Bennet is a pure 4-3 DE Houston uns a 3-4 scheme.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
hawkfan68":nv3elcpp said:
nategreat":nv3elcpp said:

This is a good point. Does Duane Brown have experience playing in ZBS? Just because he's an all-pro doesn't mean much. That didn't help Jahri Evans. Is he a fit for the system that Cable runs is the important factor.

Absolutely. He's spent most (if not all) of his career in a zone blocking scheme.

getnasty

Reaction score
Even if we traded for him your still gonna have to give him a new contract for more money. I doubt he would end his hold out for a new team he has no ties to. Jimmy Grahamn is the only name that would make sense to me.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I guarantee it would be Jimmy going the other way. They need a te badly. Watson and Graham would be a deadly combo. He is no way in he'll resigning here anyway.

RussB

Reaction score
Pretty much what everyone said. If it happens, jimmy will be involved.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
IT's easy, Texas just lost JJ Watt.. hmmmm.. give them Sheldon.. both are 1 year deals anyway.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Bobblehead":20ifef9t said:
IT's easy, Texas just lost JJ Watt.. hmmmm.. give them Sheldon.. both are 1 year deals anyway.

Sheldon is far more likely to be a centerpiece for this defense for years to come, not a piece we trade away after 5 games - of which the 5th game was his most impressive of the season.

Not gonna happen. If we had McDowell and a healthy Bennett I'd say it's in the realm of "possibly," but we likely wouldn't have Richardson at all if McDowell was healthy and had showed some promise during preseason.