Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Were the commentators for the game as bad as I thought?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • From not knowing the players to not knowing the rules (I called touchback on that fumble when it happened and yet they didn't seem to know the pylon rule?) they were so bad.

Almost so bad they were good.

At one point they called the Ram's coach "Sean McGay".

And then when wilson got sacked he exclaimed, "And they DICK Wilson!"

anyone else catch all this?

so bad. So gloriously bad.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Yes, they called our team "The Seahacks" Uh, I mean the Seahawks. The only way that term slips out is if you've been using it before.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• They were slobbering over the Rams for 60+ minutes...one of the announcers was Adam Archuleta, ex-Ram, so that's probably why. They were awful.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:Yes, they called our team "The Seahacks" Uh, I mean the Seahawks. The only way that term slips out is if you've been using it before.

Yea, that slipped out before he could bite his tongue. Although, I thought I heard it as sea hags.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• They stunk. The whole broadcast felt outdated.
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:They stunk. The whole broadcast felt outdated.

Agreed. They were just plain boring. It was like broadcasters for some high school game. No emotion, "Seahacks" and just nothing good said the whole time. Missing many important parts of the game as they were happening. Next time it will be on mute.

What were there names so I can avoid them?
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

• They were ass, even my Broncos fan friend whom I watched the game in Denver with (and who dislikes the Seahawks; I was there for the Great American Beer Festival) agreed.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• It was amazing to me that neither of them even suggested the possibility of a touchback on Earls forced fumble. How does that not even cross your mind?
    OpHawk
    NET Rookie

• It's funny to read about the commentators after being at the game. Sounds like they were truly as awful as reddit was making them out to be. I read that they said...

"and they DICK Wilson!"
    "Sean McGay"
    "Juggernut"
    "Seahacks"

Watching the highlights last night I noticed almost every comment leading up to a play was talking up the Rams or commenting on obscure facts solely about the Rams this season. Was wondering what the hell was going on.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• I remember after one pass the Jimmy, the guy says.. Jimmy's catch will setup a third down, like.. caught or not caught its a bloody third down.. they were awful.

They called one of the Rams corner backs a receiver as in, "nice coverage by the Rams receiver on that pass to Baldwin".
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Bobblehead wrote:I remember after one pass the Jimmy, the guy says.. Jimmy's catch will setup a third down, like.. caught or not caught its a bloody third down.. they were awful.

They called one of the Rams corner backs a receiver as in, "nice coverage by the Rams receiver on that pass to Baldwin".

That must have been there #5 team
    HawkerD
    NET Starter

• Its CBS....its why I cant stand watching any game on CBS...its god awful...CBS is so much worse than FOX for games

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

• Oh yeah, they were bad. It kept me wondering what was coming next though.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• OpHawk wrote:It was amazing to me that neither of them even suggested the possibility of a touchback on Earls forced fumble. How does that not even cross your mind?

Raible and Moon on the radio broadcast didnt mention it as a possibility either until about 10 seconds before the announcement was made
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• Good Lord CBS makes FOX look like an emmy winning network. It was brutal. Hopefully the last CBS broadcast of the season.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• We didn't get the B team, we got the fricken F team. And having a former Ram on the broadcast, lame.
    So much irony in them calling us the SeaHacks on the broadcast. Coming from a couple of hacks and all.......
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• It was almost like watching a Rams broadcast team of a pre season game.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Hawkpower wrote:
    OpHawk wrote:It was amazing to me that neither of them even suggested the possibility of a touchback on Earls forced fumble. How does that not even cross your mind?

Raible and Moon on the radio broadcast didnt mention it as a possibility either until about 10 seconds before the announcement was made

I thought of it immediately but it is also because I believe that the fumble rule out of the endzone is one of the most unfair rules there is. I had pondered asking Mike Perira about his thoughts on it and probably will now.

With that said what nobody really pointed out was what they were reviewing - not on tv or anywhere else that I noted.

What they kept looking at was - yes the ball moved out of the initial grip early, but at what point was control lost. It does look like the receiver has control of the football for a little bit then just as he steps out it truly comes loose out of his hand. I believe they were looking at where was that vs when the foot steps out. If he has control as the foot goes out of bounds the play is dead, If you look at it on the video the ball comes out of his hand ONE FRAME (in slo-mo) before the foot steps out of bounds. That is what I think they kept looking at over and over.

Then it was actually really clear. It hit the pylon - classified as endzone, touchback
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    OpHawk wrote:It was amazing to me that neither of them even suggested the possibility of a touchback on Earls forced fumble. How does that not even cross your mind?

I thought of it immediately but it is also because I believe that the fumble rule out of the endzone is one of the most unfair rules there is. I had pondered asking Mike Perira about his thoughts on it and probably will now.

With that said what nobody really pointed out was what they were reviewing - not on tv or anywhere else that I noted.

What they kept looking at was - yes the ball moved out of the initial grip early, but at what point was control lost. It does look like the receiver has control of the football for a little bit then just as he steps out it truly comes loose out of his hand. I believe they were looking at where was that vs when the foot steps out. If he has control as the foot goes out of bounds the play is dead, If you look at it on the video the ball comes out of his hand ONE FRAME (in slo-mo) before the foot steps out of bounds. That is what I think they kept looking at over and over.

Then it was actually really clear. It hit the pylon - classified as endzone, touchback

In the announcers defense, that play would probably not have been easy to see from any of the pressboxes, especially in the Colosseum, in which they are about 100 yards away from the endzone (my estimate ;)). I'm not sure if they showed much on any big screens, but radio announcers were probably blind. TV announcers, supposedly, would have access to the same video we had at home, so they don't have a lot of excuses.

But the play was damn close, between out of bounds at the half yard line, TD, or TB. It was obvious fairly quickly that it wasn't a TD, but the TB/OOB call was a close one.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• yeah they weren't good.

Why did CBS have a game with two NFC teams? I thought CBS could take a game if it was cross conference. I thought all NFC was Fox's?
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• Networks share cross-conference games these days. I don't know the details but the latest contracts with the networks permit cross-conference coverage regardless of network.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Networks share cross-conference games these days. I don't know the details but the latest contracts with the networks permit cross-conference coverage regardless of network.

Yes and to add to this....our Giants game is scheduled on CBS as well as the Texans (which is normally CBS anyway), so that'll make 3 straight weeks on CBS.

I'm concerned about the Giants game, because the other CBS game is Broncos/Chargers and two west coast teams might push the Seahawks/Giants out of my market. FOX in my area would have definitely aired it as they consider themselves a Seahawks channel, but the local CBS does not, so it's hit and miss. I'll definitely be awaiting the 506 maps for next week.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I actually think Spero Dedes is one of the best announcers in the game right now.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• kidhawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:Networks share cross-conference games these days. I don't know the details but the latest contracts with the networks permit cross-conference coverage regardless of network.

Yes and to add to this....our Giants game is scheduled on CBS as well as the Texans (which is normally CBS anyway), so that'll make 3 straight weeks on CBS.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. Yep, I did.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I always mute the TV and listen to the KIRO radio broadcast on ear buds. I find it a major advantage to know what plays are coming, and what to watch for, this is because there is normally a 5-10 broadcast delay on the TV. There are few, if any NFL broadcasters anywhere near as good as Rabs & Moon at calling Seahawks games. IMO-The majority of NFL broadcasters are pretty darn poor, at best, in describing live game action + individual team and player bias is often an ongoing concern. Some of them talking heads need to meet the chopping block due to their overall complete incompetence.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• Hawkpower wrote:

To be honest, it's a pretty rare play and for a commentator mentioning it off the cuff would be exceptional.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:Networks share cross-conference games these days. I don't know the details but the latest contracts with the networks permit cross-conference coverage regardless of network.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. Yep, I did.

The good news is Russ will make some good plays against the receivers in the Giants secondary, so there's that...
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• ?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:I actually think Spero Dedes is one of the best announcers in the game right now.

Wasn't he a contemporary of Hieronymus Bosch?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• SoulfishHawk wrote:?

Forgot the sarcasm smilies I guess
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• Aah. I was just noticing it's raining outside. Thanks a lot Russ :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• oldhawkfan wrote:It was almost like watching a Rams broadcast team of a pre season game.

That's what I thought too.

As Charles would say: "Turrible, just turrible"
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• oldhawkfan wrote:It was almost like watching a Rams broadcast team of a pre season game.

That's what I thought too.

As Charles would say: "Turrible, just turrible"
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• OpHawk wrote:It was amazing to me that neither of them even suggested the possibility of a touchback on Earls forced fumble. How does that not even cross your mind?

I thought gurley stepped out of bounds before the ball came loose honestly
    misfit
    NET Starter

• One of them also kept saying 'Goaf' instead of 'Gawf'.

CBS is just all-around terrible. Boring personalities, bland presentation, mediocre production quality...let the AFC keep it. The only redeeming quality is being able to laugh at how terrible they are when they butcher player names or common phrases.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• Announcers usually show a little more love to an up and coming home team, I remember how much they would gush about us in 2012, 2013. The Rams had been media darlings up to this point for their young coach and Goff and Gurley.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information