Were the commentators for the game as bad as I thought?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
From not knowing the players to not knowing the rules (I called touchback on that fumble when it happened and yet they didn't seem to know the pylon rule?) they were so bad.

Almost so bad they were good.

At one point they called the Ram's coach "Sean McGay".

And then when wilson got sacked he exclaimed, "And they DICK Wilson!"

anyone else catch all this?

so bad. So gloriously bad.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Yes, they called our team "The Seahacks" Uh, I mean the Seahawks. The only way that term slips out is if you've been using it before.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They were slobbering over the Rams for 60+ minutes...one of the announcers was Adam Archuleta, ex-Ram, so that's probably why. They were awful.

Jville

Reaction score
ivotuk":35gnszcl said:
Yes, they called our team "The Seahacks" Uh, I mean the Seahawks. The only way that term slips out is if you've been using it before.

Yea, that slipped out before he could bite his tongue. Although, I thought I heard it as sea hags.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2g4unlpj said:
They stunk. The whole broadcast felt outdated.

Agreed. They were just plain boring. It was like broadcasters for some high school game. No emotion, "Seahacks" and just nothing good said the whole time. Missing many important parts of the game as they were happening. Next time it will be on mute.

What were there names so I can avoid them?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They were ass, even my Broncos fan friend whom I watched the game in Denver with (and who dislikes the Seahawks; I was there for the Great American Beer Festival) agreed.

OpHawk

Reaction score
It was amazing to me that neither of them even suggested the possibility of a touchback on Earls forced fumble. How does that not even cross your mind?

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
It's funny to read about the commentators after being at the game. Sounds like they were truly as awful as reddit was making them out to be. I read that they said...

"and they DICK Wilson!"
"Sean McGay"
"Juggernut"
"Seahacks"

Watching the highlights last night I noticed almost every comment leading up to a play was talking up the Rams or commenting on obscure facts solely about the Rams this season. Was wondering what the hell was going on.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I remember after one pass the Jimmy, the guy says.. Jimmy's catch will setup a third down, like.. caught or not caught its a bloody third down.. they were awful.

They called one of the Rams corner backs a receiver as in, "nice coverage by the Rams receiver on that pass to Baldwin".

HawkerD

Reaction score
Bobblehead":19lkvahh said:
I remember after one pass the Jimmy, the guy says.. Jimmy's catch will setup a third down, like.. caught or not caught its a bloody third down.. they were awful.

They called one of the Rams corner backs a receiver as in, "nice coverage by the Rams receiver on that pass to Baldwin".
That must have been there #5 team

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Its CBS....its why I cant stand watching any game on CBS...its god awful...CBS is so much worse than FOX for games

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Oh yeah, they were bad. It kept me wondering what was coming next though.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
OpHawk":1q5wg7ac said:
It was amazing to me that neither of them even suggested the possibility of a touchback on Earls forced fumble. How does that not even cross your mind?

Raible and Moon on the radio broadcast didnt mention it as a possibility either until about 10 seconds before the announcement was made

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good Lord CBS makes FOX look like an emmy winning network. It was brutal. Hopefully the last CBS broadcast of the season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We didn't get the B team, we got the fricken F team. And having a former Ram on the broadcast, lame.
So much irony in them calling us the SeaHacks on the broadcast. Coming from a couple of hacks and all.......

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It was almost like watching a Rams broadcast team of a pre season game.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3tij9ewd said:
OpHawk":3tij9ewd said:

Raible and Moon on the radio broadcast didnt mention it as a possibility either until about 10 seconds before the announcement was made

I thought of it immediately but it is also because I believe that the fumble rule out of the endzone is one of the most unfair rules there is. I had pondered asking Mike Perira about his thoughts on it and probably will now.

With that said what nobody really pointed out was what they were reviewing - not on tv or anywhere else that I noted.

What they kept looking at was - yes the ball moved out of the initial grip early, but at what point was control lost. It does look like the receiver has control of the football for a little bit then just as he steps out it truly comes loose out of his hand. I believe they were looking at where was that vs when the foot steps out. If he has control as the foot goes out of bounds the play is dead, If you look at it on the video the ball comes out of his hand ONE FRAME (in slo-mo) before the foot steps out of bounds. That is what I think they kept looking at over and over.

Then it was actually really clear. It hit the pylon - classified as endzone, touchback

sutz

Reaction score
mikeak":4pt5rv7r said:
Hawkpower":4pt5rv7r said:
OpHawk":4pt5rv7r said:

I thought of it immediately but it is also because I believe that the fumble rule out of the endzone is one of the most unfair rules there is. I had pondered asking Mike Perira about his thoughts on it and probably will now.

With that said what nobody really pointed out was what they were reviewing - not on tv or anywhere else that I noted.

What they kept looking at was - yes the ball moved out of the initial grip early, but at what point was control lost. It does look like the receiver has control of the football for a little bit then just as he steps out it truly comes loose out of his hand. I believe they were looking at where was that vs when the foot steps out. If he has control as the foot goes out of bounds the play is dead, If you look at it on the video the ball comes out of his hand ONE FRAME (in slo-mo) before the foot steps out of bounds. That is what I think they kept looking at over and over.

Then it was actually really clear. It hit the pylon - classified as endzone, touchback
In the announcers defense, that play would probably not have been easy to see from any of the pressboxes, especially in the Colosseum, in which they are about 100 yards away from the endzone (my estimate ;)). I'm not sure if they showed much on any big screens, but radio announcers were probably blind. TV announcers, supposedly, would have access to the same video we had at home, so they don't have a lot of excuses.

But the play was damn close, between out of bounds at the half yard line, TD, or TB. It was obvious fairly quickly that it wasn't a TD, but the TB/OOB call was a close one.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
yeah they weren't good.

Why did CBS have a game with two NFC teams? I thought CBS could take a game if it was cross conference. I thought all NFC was Fox's?