Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Pass Rush

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Pass Rush
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:03 pm
  • Seahawks pass rush really looked better in the 4th quarter yesterday. I am waiting for the breakout .Bennet ,Clark Richardson and when he returns Avril are to good for the team not to finish in the top five in the league.
    tersal
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:30 pm


Re: Pass Rush
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:13 pm
  • I hope so. They were really lacking in that department for most of the game, then Clark showed up with a filthy move for the strip sack against one of the best pass blocking LT in the league. Reed helping force the Goff pick to ETIII earlier was also a great sign.

    The weird thing is that the D barely had any rest in the second half. The O kept going 3 and out and it felt like the pass rush got better despite being on the field for so long. Not like the Rams were down multiple scores and had to exclusively pass (until the last drive) either. Weird, but great to see.
    adeltaY
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 270
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Pass Rush
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:28 pm
  • The D had plenty of time to rest. In fact, there were numerous times they allowed a big third down play to move the chains. I love our defense, but it could have gotten off the field quicker had it not surrendered those big gainers.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3387
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


Re: Pass Rush
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:31 pm
  • Noticed the last 2 games in the second half the pass rush really picks up. Could be gameplanning, could be defense is more rested. Either way i like it. Its creating lots of turnovers.

    7 turnovers last 2 games.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2129
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Pass Rush
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:17 am
  • No doubt. 3rd and 12, our LB are 15 yards deep after their drop and the Rams complete a short pass and get 13 for the first down. It's ridiculous. So frustrating.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    User avatar
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 795
    Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:18 pm


Re: Pass Rush
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:41 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:The D had plenty of time to rest. In fact, there were numerous times they allowed a big third down play to move the chains. I love our defense, but it could have gotten off the field quicker had it not surrendered those big gainers.


    Zero first downs in the 4th quarter by the offense. Plenty of time for the defense to rest at the end of the game. :2thumbs:

    Very happy with the 5 takeaways they caused creating scoring chances.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3083
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


Re: Pass Rush
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:30 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:I hope so. They were really lacking in that department for most of the game, then Clark showed up with a filthy move for the strip sack against one of the best pass blocking LT in the league. Reed helping force the Goff pick to ETIII earlier was also a great sign.

    The weird thing is that the D barely had any rest in the second half. The O kept going 3 and out and it felt like the pass rush got better despite being on the field for so long. Not like the Rams were down multiple scores and had to exclusively pass (until the last drive) either. Weird, but great to see.


    Our defense was in football shape, but not conditioned to endure heat stress as in the previous game, and that game in San Diego a couple of years ago.

    My hunch is that both Avril and Bennett are gone for this season, subject to some medical miracles with stem cells, DMSO, and who knows what.

    If so, then we are now down two and up one, so the depth is less, and so the offense really needs to improve to rest the defense.

    This is the price we pay from training up a new offensive line every year --- it exposes our strong defense to unnecessary injuries by keeping them on the field longer, and thus reduces defensive depth, which we need to go all the way.

    This hurts the football product for all the teams that do not already have a good offensive line. QBs get hurt because of this. I think Russell got hit eleven times by the Rams, and one was very hard, and three were sacks. Game quality decreases. Viewership decreases. And advertiser revenue decreases. Owner profits decrease.

    And all because the owners did not want to pay the players for more OTAs. I predict they will agree to do this for the next CBA if viewership does not increase, which I don't think it will.

    Just follow the money to understand the past, and to predict the future.
    Netskier
    netskier
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1181
    Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 9:18 pm


Re: Pass Rush
Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:31 pm
  • RussB wrote:Noticed the last 2 games in the second half the pass rush really picks up. Could be gameplanning, could be defense is more rested. Either way i like it. Its creating lots of turnovers.

    7 turnovers last 2 games.


    We have a good rotation. I read that RIchardson only played 45 of 74 snaps.

    So you're rotating guys all game, whereas the opposing team's OL plays every snap. It's natural that the fresher guys gain a step in the last half of the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter.

    2013 we also had a good, deep rotation. It helps when your depth is good and you aren't afraid to rotate guys in and out.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7372
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm




It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
cron