Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:28 pm
  • I was just on twitter and Jeremy Lane is talking about soul searching. I saw tweet he has been traded to Houston. I don't know how to screen shot.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 560
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:08 pm


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:32 pm
  • probably got us another seventh round pick. I for one, hope it is true he is gone
    Marlin Man
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 377
    Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:02 pm


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:35 pm
  • Rumor is Duane Brown
    "God loves football, and He is particularly fond of the Seahawks!" :D :mrgreen:
    User avatar
    RastaHawk12!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1788
    Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:08 pm
    Location: On de beach, mon...


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:37 pm
  • RastaHawk12! wrote:Rumor is Duane Brown



    Lane was sending strange tweets. Then a verified account said lane has been traded to Houston and is now since been deleted.

    Idk
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 560
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:08 pm


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:38 pm
  • Jane is talking silly, but nothing out there on a trade.
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3762
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:39 pm
  • Lane's tweet's could mean he can't decide between chicken or steak for dinner.

    If there's a rumor of a trade I don't see it on Twitter, just lots of speculation.
    _______________________
    Remember, it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3833
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:43 pm
  • Correct. Nothing but rumors at this point. So take it with a grain of salt.
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3721
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:48 pm
  • I wouldn't do that trade anyways. We would be paper thin at CB
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2391
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:53 pm
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:I wouldn't do that trade anyways. We would be paper thin at CB


    Maybe so, but if we do that trade, that paper thin CB depth would still be better than our current LT situation.
    User avatar
    Erebus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1410
    Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 pm
    Location: Ft. Meade, MD


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:54 pm
  • Erebus wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:I wouldn't do that trade anyways. We would be paper thin at CB


    Maybe so, but if we do that trade, that paper thin CB depth would still be better than our current LT situation.

    shead maybe coming back soon though
    User avatar
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 759
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:55 pm


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:06 pm
  • My source has told me a similar deal.
    P-Rich fo life
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3252
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:07 pm
  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3721
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:23 pm
  • I would have Loved to land Brown a few weeks ago, I even made a post about it. Given that its several weeks later and he still hasn't played a snap makes me change my tune on it all. He's 32, and the longer he sits out, the greater the risk of an injury. I wonder if he is even in "football shape" at this point.

    I thought Shead was on track to come back around week 10? If earlier that's fantastic.

    If they are willing to dangle Lane, I would call other teams as well to see what we could get in return. Having his $7.5mil off the books next season when they release him would be great.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2391
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:37 pm
  • bring back marcus burley
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2452
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:01 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:Lane's tweet's could mean he can't decide between chicken or steak for dinner.

    If there's a rumor of a trade I don't see it on Twitter, just lots of speculation.



    They were "don't sleep on me." "Soul searching." And a couple others. Then that trade tweet showed up and since been deleted.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 560
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:08 pm


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:22 pm
  • That's a fake account. He changed the L's to i's in the twitter handle.
    User avatar
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *
     
    Posts: 1692
    Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 am


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:40 pm
  • bigtrain21 wrote:That's a fake account. He changed the L's to i's in the twitter handle.


    Correct. That was his one and only tweet. Got to be careful of people trying to imitate others. I have removed those posts.
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3721
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:56 am
  • Fake news :D
    Go Hawks!
    User avatar
    j hawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 203
    Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:04 am
    Location: Olympia,Wa


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 am
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:I wouldn't do that trade anyways. We would be paper thin at CB


    Not really, Shead is coming back in a couple weeks..............and Griffin has emerged, and already surpassed Lane at the other CB opposite Sherman.

    So Lane and his cap hit are expendable, especially if it means we could get a stud like Brown. You want thin, Joeckel now having his knee scoped and possible surgery is THIN.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:57 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Griffin has emerged, and already surpassed Lane at the other CB opposite Sherman


    Griffin is being abused like a stepwife over there. He's getting a pass because he's a rookie and because people irrationally hate players who get second deals. If Lane were making the concessions Griffin is, nobody would be talking about anyone "emerging".

    That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this trade happened, because nothing surprises me anymore.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16214
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:00 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Griffin has emerged, and already surpassed Lane at the other CB opposite Sherman


    Griffin is being abused like a stepwife over there. He's getting a pass because he's a rookie and because people irrationally hate players who get second deals. If Lane were making the concessions Griffin is, nobody would be talking about anyone "emerging".

    That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this trade happened, because nothing surprises me anymore.

    I'm sorry, but Griffin has also made some pretty bad ass plays, too. Many fans look at him and see the CB of the future opposite Sherm. Sure, he's a rook and makes some rook mistakes, but they have been bearable so far. The question is: will he get better and how fast will it happen?
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16892
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:03 am
  • I dont think Griffin is playing any worse than Lane does to be honest. Griffin will far surpass Jeremy as the season continues.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:08 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Griffin has emerged, and already surpassed Lane at the other CB opposite Sherman


    Griffin is being abused like a stepwife over there. He's getting a pass because he's a rookie and because people irrationally hate players who get second deals. If Lane were making the concessions Griffin is, nobody would be talking about anyone "emerging".

    That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this trade happened, because nothing surprises me anymore.


    Not sure what games you're watching, but Griffin's played great.........and as Pete said in his presser yesterday should start turning those good deflected passes into interceptions.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:12 am
  • What’s a “step wife?”
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12541
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:13 am
  • Griffin is being abused? Um.........ok
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6994
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:14 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:What’s a “step wife?”

    Maybe a cross between an ex-wife and a red-headed step child?

    :twisted:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16892
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:19 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Griffin has emerged, and already surpassed Lane at the other CB opposite Sherman


    Griffin is being abused like a stepwife over there. He's getting a pass because he's a rookie and because people irrationally hate players who get second deals. If Lane were making the concessions Griffin is, nobody would be talking about anyone "emerging".

    That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this trade happened, because nothing surprises me anymore.


    Not sure what games you're watching, but Griffin's played great.........and as Pete said in his presser yesterday should start turning those good deflected passes into interceptions.

    PFF Grades:

    Griffin- 73.2
    Lane- 44.8
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 989
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:25 am
  • sutz wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:What’s a “step wife?”

    Maybe a cross between an ex-wife and a red-headed step child?

    :twisted:


    I thought they called that the "woody allen"?

    Sorry back on topic....it's an interesting rumor, and I would like to see us upgrade our O-line, but we definitely have to give to get. Is Lane enough to get a holdout Offensive Lineman? I wouldn't think so, but we'll have to wait and see.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 22048
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Griffin has emerged, and already surpassed Lane at the other CB opposite Sherman


    Griffin is being abused like a stepwife over there. He's getting a pass because he's a rookie and because people irrationally hate players who get second deals. If Lane were making the concessions Griffin is, nobody would be talking about anyone "emerging".

    That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this trade happened, because nothing surprises me anymore.


    Not sure what games you're watching, but Griffin's played great.........and as Pete said in his presser yesterday should start turning those good deflected passes into interceptions.


    For real, I don't get Montana's perspective on Griffin playing poorly, let alone being abused. He's been banging this drum for at least a couple weeks now and Griffin has, according to most analysts, coaches and PFF, played very well opposite of Sherm.

    An RCB of ours that was abused was Cary Williams - not Griffin.

    Edited for words.
    Last edited by JGfromtheNW on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
    User avatar
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1521
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
    Location: Wenatchee


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 am
  • bigtrain21 wrote:That's a fake account. He changed the L's to i's in the twitter handle.



    Isn't blue check mean it is verified? Lanes twitter handle is "stayinginmylane".

    Seems to be false anyway.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 560
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:08 pm


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:52 am
  • "Kelly Jennings" - that is the name of a terrible CB, not Shaq Griffin, Montana.
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    User avatar
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3597
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am
    Location: Spokangeles


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 am
  • massari wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Griffin has emerged, and already surpassed Lane at the other CB opposite Sherman


    Griffin is being abused like a stepwife over there. He's getting a pass because he's a rookie and because people irrationally hate players who get second deals. If Lane were making the concessions Griffin is, nobody would be talking about anyone "emerging".

    That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this trade happened, because nothing surprises me anymore.


    Not sure what games you're watching, but Griffin's played great.........and as Pete said in his presser yesterday should start turning those good deflected passes into interceptions.

    PFF Grades:

    Griffin- 73.2
    Lane- 44.8


    Not that I am a huge fan of PFF, but I agree. Eye test too. Quill has outplayed Lane thus far.
    User avatar
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1604
    Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 pm


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:15 am
  • Maybe get them drunk and offer up Bevell/Cable and a box of onions
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6994
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:15 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Griffin is being abused like a stepwife over there..


    If that's the case then

    Come on, abuse me more I like it
    Fire Tom Cable
    User avatar
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2110
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:20 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Griffin has emerged, and already surpassed Lane at the other CB opposite Sherman


    Griffin is being abused like a stepwife over there. He's getting a pass because he's a rookie and because people irrationally hate players who get second deals. If Lane were making the concessions Griffin is, nobody would be talking about anyone "emerging".

    That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this trade happened, because nothing surprises me anymore.


    Not sure what games you're watching, but Griffin's played great.........and as Pete said in his presser yesterday should start turning those good deflected passes into interceptions.


    For real, I don't get Montana's perspective on Griffin playing poorly, let alone being abused. He's been banging this drum for at least a couple weeks now and Griffin has, according to most analysts, coaches and PFF, played very well opposite of Sherm.

    An RCB of ours that was abused was Cary Williams - not Griffin.

    Edited for words.


    That doesn't matter. He has made his declaration and will stick with it "till death do you part".

    Sad because there really is no question that Griffin has played better between the 2.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3218
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:23 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:What’s a “step wife?”


    I think he meant Stepford wife.

    Image
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3218
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:41 am
  • Possible theres a trade in place but it hasnt been approved by the league yet or were in contract talks with brown and talks about restructuring other players?

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 284
    Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:51 am
  • redhawk253 wrote:Possible theres a trade in place but it hasnt been approved by the league yet or were in contract talks with brown and talks about restructuring other players?

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk


    I've been reading that this has been going on all season, so my guess is if there is a sticking point or what would hold up a trade for Brown, it's hammering out the details a new contract.

    The good news is if we know one thing about Schneider, he usually gets what he wants.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:55 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Griffin has emerged, and already surpassed Lane at the other CB opposite Sherman


    Griffin is being abused like a stepwife over there. He's getting a pass because he's a rookie and because people irrationally hate players who get second deals. If Lane were making the concessions Griffin is, nobody would be talking about anyone "emerging".

    That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this trade happened, because nothing surprises me anymore.


    Not sure what games you're watching


    Same ones you are.

    Not saying he'll never improve. I'm saying that he's still raw to the point that getting rid of Lane might deserve a second thought, at least for depth's sake.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16214
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:58 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Griffin has emerged, and already surpassed Lane at the other CB opposite Sherman


    Griffin is being abused like a stepwife over there. He's getting a pass because he's a rookie and because people irrationally hate players who get second deals. If Lane were making the concessions Griffin is, nobody would be talking about anyone "emerging".

    That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this trade happened, because nothing surprises me anymore.


    Not sure what games you're watching, but Griffin's played great.........and as Pete said in his presser yesterday should start turning those good deflected passes into interceptions.


    For real, I don't get Montana's perspective on Griffin playing poorly, let alone being abused. He's been banging this drum for at least a couple weeks now and Griffin has, according to most analysts, coaches and PFF, played very well opposite of Sherm.


    He's played well given his context (rookie). Rodgers picked on him pretty bad.

    Cary Williams and Kelly Jennings are both interesting examples for y'all to bring up, because both of them were denounced as bad once they accrued some experience and didn't improve. As rookies, they were probably gushed over same as y'all are doing over Griffin.

    I personally suspect Griffin will turn out nicely. Question is, while he's a rookie, do we cut Lane and trust him with the position?
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16214
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:01 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Griffin is being abused like a stepwife over there. He's getting a pass because he's a rookie and because people irrationally hate players who get second deals. If Lane were making the concessions Griffin is, nobody would be talking about anyone "emerging".

    That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this trade happened, because nothing surprises me anymore.


    Not sure what games you're watching, but Griffin's played great.........and as Pete said in his presser yesterday should start turning those good deflected passes into interceptions.


    For real, I don't get Montana's perspective on Griffin playing poorly, let alone being abused. He's been banging this drum for at least a couple weeks now and Griffin has, according to most analysts, coaches and PFF, played very well opposite of Sherm.


    He's played well given his context (rookie). Rodgers picked on him pretty bad.

    Cary Williams and Kelly Jennings are both interesting examples for y'all to bring up, because both of them were denounced as bad once they accrued some experience and didn't improve. As rookies, they were probably gushed over same as y'all are doing over Griffin.

    I personally suspect Griffin will turn out nicely. Question is, while he's a rookie, do we cut Lane and trust him with the position?


    Jennings only gushed the blood of the fan base as he let pass after pass be completed draining every chance of hope of stopping a drive.

    But he had great Character !
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:03 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Not sure what games you're watching, but Griffin's played great.........and as Pete said in his presser yesterday should start turning those good deflected passes into interceptions.


    For real, I don't get Montana's perspective on Griffin playing poorly, let alone being abused. He's been banging this drum for at least a couple weeks now and Griffin has, according to most analysts, coaches and PFF, played very well opposite of Sherm.


    He's played well given his context (rookie). Rodgers picked on him pretty bad.

    Cary Williams and Kelly Jennings are both interesting examples for y'all to bring up, because both of them were denounced as bad once they accrued some experience and didn't improve. As rookies, they were probably gushed over same as y'all are doing over Griffin.

    I personally suspect Griffin will turn out nicely. Question is, while he's a rookie, do we cut Lane and trust him with the position?


    Jennings only gushed the blood of the fan base as he let pass after pass be completed draining every chance of hope of stopping a drive.

    But he had great Character !


    Psh.

    Y'all hyped Jennings. I was here.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16214
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:13 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:
    For real, I don't get Montana's perspective on Griffin playing poorly, let alone being abused. He's been banging this drum for at least a couple weeks now and Griffin has, according to most analysts, coaches and PFF, played very well opposite of Sherm.


    He's played well given his context (rookie). Rodgers picked on him pretty bad.

    Cary Williams and Kelly Jennings are both interesting examples for y'all to bring up, because both of them were denounced as bad once they accrued some experience and didn't improve. As rookies, they were probably gushed over same as y'all are doing over Griffin.

    I personally suspect Griffin will turn out nicely. Question is, while he's a rookie, do we cut Lane and trust him with the position?


    Jennings only gushed the blood of the fan base as he let pass after pass be completed draining every chance of hope of stopping a drive.

    But he had great Character !


    Psh.

    Y'all hyped Jennings. I was here.


    Hated the damn pick myself. wanted Jimmy Williams who wasn't in hindsight much a better choice.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    I personally suspect Griffin will turn out nicely. Question is, while he's a rookie, do we cut Lane and trust him with the position?


    Yes, especially with Lane's cap hit and Shead coming back............and ESPECIALLY if it means getting Brown.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:25 am
  • If they don't trade NOdiambo straight up for Clowney AND Brown, they suck :lol:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6994
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:24 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:He's played well given his context (rookie). Rodgers picked on him pretty bad.

    Cary Williams and Kelly Jennings are both interesting examples for y'all to bring up, because both of them were denounced as bad once they accrued some experience and didn't improve. As rookies, they were probably gushed over same as y'all are doing over Griffin.

    I personally suspect Griffin will turn out nicely. Question is, while he's a rookie, do we cut Lane and trust him with the position?

    I disagree. He played well objectively as CB2 on this team. Our more experienced CB2s - and I'm talking Maxwell and Browner - have been victimized worse by elite passing attacks.

    You can dismiss it as rookie-love if you like but to me Shaq is playing up to the Byron Maxwell Brandon Browner level of corner already. He's playing far, far above the Jeremy Lane level.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8227
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:26 am

Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:30 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:If they don't trade NOdiambo straight up for Clowney AND Brown, they suck :lol:


    :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :2thumbs:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3218
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:44 am
  • jennings was in position most every time. it's just that he never turned his head to look back at the incoming ball.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1296
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 10:34 pm


Re: Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:48 am
  • No news to report. Something should have been reported by now. So I'm locking it until we get something solid to go on.
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3721
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County




It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information