Raibs and Moon

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's give them their due. A hell of a duo team, we are lucky to have them every gameday. The day Raibs can't do it anymore is going to be a terrible day indeed. Like the day Pete Gross had to hang it up. Moon used to get criticism early on by some fans but I think he's great in the color role. They are perfect together. Honest question, is there a better announcer/color team out there (not including primetime guys like Michaels/Collingsworth)?

The Cardinals color guy makes me want to chew glass. Sounds like an old has-been wrestler.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Ron Wolfley is the Cardinals guy.

But I agree on Moon and Raibs are awsome!!

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Aros":2xrbeyi2 said:
Let's give them their due. A hell of a duo team, we are lucky to have them every gameday. The day Raibs can't do it anymore is going to be a terrible day indeed. Like the day Pete Gross had to hang it up. Moon used to get criticism early on by some fans but I think he's great in the color role. They are perfect together. Honest question, is there a better announcer/color team out there (not including primetime guys like Michaels/Collingsworth)?

The Cardinals color guy makes me want to chew glass. Sounds like an old has-been wrestler.

Honestly Seattle fans in NBA, NFL and MLB have had amazing announcers.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":38opyk1o said:
Aros":38opyk1o said:

UW Football too.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Moon used to say some odd things, and I always worried he has CTE. But he's light years better now and could hold his own without a co-announcer. But him and Raible together? Cha-ching! Money.

I love having guys that have played the game (at a high level even), are able to describe thing well, and, that can give colorful, exciting descriptions without resorting to profanity. I have the utmost respect for people how don't use profanity. I can't do it. Smash a finger...

But the 2 most Classic Announcement/Exclamations are Warren Moon's "AH!" and "Game Over Baby!"

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":3uys1mk0 said:

Yea that Cards guy was a Fullback. Not like you can't tell.

The San Diego guy was super annoying as well. Their play by play guy has a higher voice and damn near pees himself every Charger first down, and their color guy stammers and spits a lot. Lol.

sutz

Reaction score
Moon had some gaffes early in his announcing career that may have been linked to some substance abuse problems.

He's been pretty good for several years now, clear, easy to listen to, knowledgeable and informative. I remember a few years back I had some personal problems and had to listen to a couple of seasons of Seahawks on the radio. Raibs is pretty good, if a bit exuberant, but maybe that's what you want in a radio announcer. In a lot of ways, I miss that now that I can watch the games on TV again.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I'd much rather hear "Touchdown Seahawks" rather than, "ho, hum, they scored" uttered w/o any emotion at all. 99% of the NFL announcers are so damn blah. Rabs and Moon are really exciting to listen too compared to almost all of the announcing pairs the NFL trots out. Some of those guys are just too damn bias and many are very underqualified to be in the sports reporting game -IMO. Additionally, ESPN is likely to be nearly on the verge of going out of business with all of their recent firings, suspensions and other "troubles".

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hawks46":k9p0ara2 said:
Aros":k9p0ara2 said:

The San Diego guy was super annoying as well. Their play by play guy has a higher voice and damn near pees himself every Charger first down, and their color guy stammers and spits a lot. Lol.

The Patriots guys are awful, too. I hope there's a special hell for guys as shitty as Scott Zolak.

netskier

Reaction score
sutz":2b4svuel said:
Moon had some gaffes early in his announcing career that may have been linked to some substance abuse problems.

He's been pretty good for several years now, clear, easy to listen to, knowledgeable and informative. I remember a few years back I had some personal problems and had to listen to a couple of seasons of Seahawks on the radio. Raibs is pretty good, if a bit exuberant, but maybe that's what you want in a radio announcer. In a lot of ways, I miss that now that I can watch the games on TV again.

Is it possible to listen to these two guys call the Seahawks games via the Internet? I watch the games in a sports bar in the LA area, and they put the sound on the Rams, Chargers, Raiders, Cowboys, Packers, Patriots, etc., games.

I could listen on the Internet with my phone or laptop, if I could just find the broadcasts. I have looked but have not found. I wonder if they are blocked outside the Seattle area. I tried the TuneIn app on my phone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

LargentFan

Reaction score
No disrespect to Warren Moon, but Steve Raible and a ham sandwich is a nearly unbeatable duo. Moon is just an added plus.

sutz

Reaction score
netskier":1stcc2x9 said:
sutz":1stcc2x9 said:

Is it possible to listen to these two guys call the Seahawks games via the Internet? I watch the games in a sports bar in the LA area, and they put the sound on the Rams, Chargers, Raiders, Cowboys, Packers, Patriots, etc., games.

I could listen on the Internet with my phone or laptop, if I could just find the broadcasts. I have looked but have not found. I wonder if they are blocked outside the Seattle area. I tried the TuneIn app on my phone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Well, locally it is on 710am/97.3fm. Not sure if you can stream the game, but:

https://tunein.com/radio/710-ESPN-Seattle-s33213/

Good luck. It's a KIRO affiliate.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Maulbert":3h4e06g7 said:
Hawks46":3h4e06g7 said:
Aros":3h4e06g7 said:

The Patriots guys are awful, too. I hope there's a special hell for guys as shitty as Scott Zolak.

Not sure if it's Zolak, but I think it's the Patriots guy that will start laughing a lot.

I also can't stand the radio announcers for the Oregon Ducks. Their play by play guy starts giggling like a school girl every time they score.

The SD guys giggle a bit too. So annoying. I'm all for the color guys to go crazy, but giggling and chortling about stuff is over the top for me.

TaFeargOrm

Reaction score
I downloaded an app that's says "seattle radio". Its seahawk colors with a giant 12 and ferry on front. I'm able to listen to seahawks, mariners and both college teams

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I've never listened to a football game on the radio, so I cant really comment. But I would assume that just about every fan base thinks their announcers are the best.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2cjxtpdx said:
Shanegotyou11":2cjxtpdx said:
Aros":2cjxtpdx said:

UW Football too.

Homerism scale...

0............50.............l00.......... It's off the scales :irishdrinkers:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
ivotuk":38ad8gc3 said:
Moon used to say some odd things, and I always worried he has CTE. But he's light years better now and could hold his own without a co-announcer. But him and Raible together? Cha-ching! Money.

I love having guys that have played the game (at a high level even), are able to describe thing well, and, that can give colorful, exciting descriptions without resorting to profanity. I have the utmost respect for people how don't use profanity. I can't do it. Smash a finger...

But the 2 most Classic Announcement/Exclamations are Warren Moon's "AH!" and "Game Over Baby!"
The Tip game against SF....It was awesome!!! I listened to the call after the game and so wished I could have heard that live instead of the National telecast announcers(don't remember who they were). I love Raible and Moon...
On a side note; I thought the Beast Quake game was the best non-Raible/Moon game telecast. The call of 'The Run' was classic. I can't remember who that was but his "get off me" quote was classic.

IrishNW

Reaction score
unpopular opinon

I dont think raible is a good play by play guy. I actually cant stand listening to him. I dont mind moon but hes nothing special.

Lanakila

Reaction score
While I would obviously rather watch the game on TV listening to Raibs and Moon isn't bad at all. I had the power go out during a game once. I ran out to my car and listened to it on the radio. Was great. They do a good job of creating that 'theater of the mind' thing for the game.