Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jarran Reed and who else?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Jarran Reed and who else?
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:10 am
  • Is also a beast. Everyone talking about Sheldon and rightfully so but has anyone even noticed how well Reed has played? That man was a great 2nd rounder and provides the dline with some much needed depth.

Any other players that you guys feel are underrated or deserve more attention?
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

Re: Jarran Reed and who else?
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:13 am
  • Frank Clark will finish his career with better numbers than both Bennett and Avril.

Book it.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:14 am
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:Frank Clark will finish his career with better numbers than both Bennett and Avril.

Book it.

Always like to add barring injury but the man is a beast.
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:11 am
  • I think it is no coincidence that the other players on the line are beginning to shine once Richardson was added to the rotation.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:18 am
  • Milehighhawk wrote:I think it is no coincidence that the other players on the line are beginning to shine once Richardson was added to the rotation.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. :2thumbs:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:24 am
  • Reed had a great game against the Colts and was also the one who caused Jared Goff's second pick. He pushed the pocket right into Goff's face and forced a wobbler.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:36 am
  • Yep, with the addition of Richardson, the awakening of Clark +, a healthy Reed, we are going to become the LOK, or.........Legion Of K-BOOM!
    If we re-up Richardson, Offenses that face us are going to have to go back to their chalkboards.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:14 pm
  • Naz Jones has drawn my eye more than once.
    jdemps
    NET Veteran

Location: SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of Hawk homerism

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:26 pm
  • jdemps wrote:Naz Jones has drawn my eye more than once.

Yes. Those long arms, and a lot of deceptive power. I think people overlooked him because of the health issues he overcame. Which is short-sighted, because the fact that he did overcome them, says a lot about what kind of man (or Beast) he is.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:30 pm
  • Sheldon Richardson. He has elevated the play of those around like Jarran Reed, Naz Jones, etc. That impact that Richardson provides is underrated, not the player himself. Everyone knew he was a great player. The ability to make those around them better is unique and Sheldon has that.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:35 pm
  • Reed still needs to be more consistent against the run. But in pure passing downs? He's been great at helping collapse the pocket.

As far as guys who aren't getting enough credit, my votes go to Griffin and Coleman. Griffin slid over to full time outside DB with no drop in play, and is even playing BETTER than Lane was.......and Coleman's played great in the slot.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:11 pm
  • I was pretty livid with the selection of Reed.

But after thinking about it, I realize this team has no idea what the hell it is doing with OL and so any OL it picks is probably going to be the one we wish they didn't pick. It becomes hard to be upset with the team for not using picks on fixing the OL if every time they do so they essentially waste the pick.

But Reed is at least producing much better than last year. And I really do like Naz & Griffin.

I like Griffin a lot.

(Kind of weird that the draft that pre-draft was supposedly going to be known for one of the deepest collections of DB talent is probably going to be known as one of the best drafts for RB in some time instead, but Griffin is looking like he is going to turn into a stellar DB.)
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:23 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:
    (Kind of weird that the draft that pre-draft was supposedly going to be known for one of the deepest collections of DB talent is probably going to be known as one of the best drafts for RB in some time instead, but Griffin is looking like he is going to turn into a stellar DB.)

Especially considering most of the DB's taken ahead of Griffin, especially guys like King that we were all livid about Schneider trading down and missing out on aren't playing very well so far.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:54 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Sheldon Richardson. He has elevated the play of those around like Jarran Reed, Naz Jones, etc. That impact that Richardson provides is underrated, not the player himself. Everyone knew he was a great player. The ability to make those around them better is unique and Sheldon has that.

This can not be overstated. SR is eating a lot of double teams along with Bennett which has allowed Reed to be more productive in the pass rush as well as continuing to be an effective anchor. The part that is amazing is how well Richardson has played despite being constantly doubled.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:34 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Sheldon Richardson. He has elevated the play of those around like Jarran Reed, Naz Jones, etc. That impact that Richardson provides is underrated, not the player himself. Everyone knew he was a great player. The ability to make those around them better is unique and Sheldon has that.

This can not be overstated. SR is eating a lot of double teams along with Bennett which has allowed Reed to be more productive in the pass rush as well as continuing to be an effective anchor. The part that is amazing is how well Richardson has played despite being constantly doubled.

Precisely. That is why many fans believed Clinton McDonald was a stud when he was simply getting free due to the constant double teams on Bennett. Same for Jordan Hill.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:30 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Reed still needs to be more consistent against the run. But in pure passing downs? He's been great at helping collapse the pocket.

As far as guys who aren't getting enough credit, my votes go to Griffin and Coleman. Griffin slid over to full time outside DB with no drop in play, and is even playing BETTER than Lane was.......and Coleman's played great in the slot.

Which is odd because his reputation was exactly the opposite. He's flashed in the run game but he does need to be a little more consistent.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:42 am
  • Seafan wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Sheldon Richardson. He has elevated the play of those around like Jarran Reed, Naz Jones, etc. That impact that Richardson provides is underrated, not the player himself. Everyone knew he was a great player. The ability to make those around them better is unique and Sheldon has that.

Precisely. That is why many fans believed Clinton McDonald was a stud when he was simply getting free due to the constant double teams on Bennett. Same for Jordan Hill.

McDonald is playing well in Tampa plugging the middle and had a sack last weekend. Hes a strong dude!
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:43 am
  • Itd be nice to say someone on the offense was really standing out and surprising us but so far nada.
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:50 am
  • BlueBlood wrote:Itd be nice to say someone on the offense was really standing out and surprising us but so far nada.

If we're grading on a curve Joeckel is playing better than anyone has in that position in a while; Ifedi improves every week.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:52 am
  • BlueBlood wrote:Itd be nice to say someone on the offense was really standing out and surprising us but so far nada.

There is...his name is Chris Carson but now he's injured.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:53 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    BlueBlood wrote:Itd be nice to say someone on the offense was really standing out and surprising us but so far nada.

There is...his name is Chris Carson but now he's injured.

Sure, but I'd say an no point during the regular season has the running game really gotten off the ground the way we would like.
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:55 am
  • kobebryant wrote:
    BlueBlood wrote:Itd be nice to say someone on the offense was really standing out and surprising us but so far nada.

If we're grading on a curve Joeckel is playing better than anyone has in that position in a while; Ifedi improves every week.

Ya I can get down with that, there is some improvement as the season has wore on. Winning in LAR with the Oline gives us hope if nothing else.

Id really like to see either Lockett or Richardson explode.
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:20 pm
  • BlueBlood wrote:
    kobebryant wrote:

Ya I can get down with that, there is some improvement as the season has wore on. Winning in LAR with the Oline gives us hope if nothing else.

Id really like to see either Lockett or Richardson explode.

That's been the problem with their legs.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:35 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Reed still needs to be more consistent against the run. But in pure passing downs? He's been great at helping collapse the pocket.

Fully agree, and as they get better we will not only see more picks, but start to force coverage sacks again.

The biggest weakness I think we need to address on D are the short passes in linebacker zone holes. You will never be able to stop all of them, but we have had an issue here for a few years allowing offenses to move up the field and tire out the D. It's a tough one I don't have an answer for, but I see it as 60 to 70% coaching and scheme and the other execution
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:43 pm
  • I've been impressed with Nazair Jones.

He's physically imposing, has shown a lot of polish, and has some good counter moves and uses his hands much better than most rookies do. The guy can play the run and the pass equally well, and he was never known as much of a pass rusher in college. It's rare a guy shows to be more explosive in the NFL than in college. Jones is much quicker than his college tape showed.

If McDowell comes back, we're going to have some interesting decisions to make.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information