Cards or rams should we worry more about in the division?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I think AP is proving a point for the rest of the year. I'm slightly concerned as a solid run game and Palmer will be good again. I know they are old but I'm talking strictly this year as AP has point to prove.

Then you have the Rams but we snuck away with the victory in LA with all the odds against us. They have Gurley and Goff and Kupp and Watkins. They have a defense who gives us fits.(OK most defense's do.)

I'm thinking we will need to worry about cards now and rams for the foreseeable future.

Cards will beat LA in London this week.

Thoughts?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If we learned anything yesterday with the impressive wins from the Rams and Cards, it's that we're not running away with the division this year. It's going to be a dog fight to the end.

If I had to pick? Cards with AP (if he can stay healthy, which is a big if). The Rams IMO are still a year away from being serious division contenders.

RCATES

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1kkuzpp8 said:
I think AP is proving a point for the rest of the year. I'm slightly concerned as a solid run game and Palmer will be good again. I know they are old but I'm talking strictly this year as AP has point to prove.

Then you have the Rams but we snuck away with the victory in LA with all the odds against us. They have Gurley and Goff and Kupp and Watkins. They have a defense who gives us fits.(OK most defense's do.)

I'm thinking we will need to worry about cards now and rams for the foreseeable future.

Thoughts?

Lol no they won't. Rams are superior in every way to Arizona. Cardinals have probably the worst O-Line in football and a old statue as QB. Rams D-line is going to cause them fits. Cardinals had everything go right for them yesterday and barely squeezed out a win with TB's backup at the helm for most of the game. How quickly people forget Arizona's blowout loss 2 weeks ago against Philly 34-7. Arizona is bad outside of their Dome this year. Real bad.

I still believe Rams are the biggest threat to take the division from us.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm not buying the "AP is going to make AZ legit" talk. If he does that for 4-5 games, maybe. But we'll see.

AZ needs to gets past Palmer. He's looking a lot like Peyton was a couple of years ago, but without a really good team to lean on. Maybe AP helps that, but the Seahawks love to play one-dimensional teams. ;)

iigakusei

Reaction score
We should be more worried about getting a competent offense that can score more than 14 points on a regular basis.
That being said I think they are both fairly equal.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not worried about AP he is old, plays behind a crappy O-line, and Hawks D has shut him down of late.
Fitz always worries me though.

Rams are the bigger threat IMHO.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Right now, we aren't playing well enough to consider anyone in this division 'done' with the exception of the Niners. We have the most talent in the NFC West, but we need to play better offensively and more consistently on special teams. I have no worries about our defense, with the standard exceptions of injury and playing time.

Basically, we control our own destiny, but technically so do the Cardinals and the Rams. Between those two, I believe the Rams are the better team long term, but in the short term, these Cardinals know that this is probably their last shot at a ring, which makes them more dangerous as long as they continue to win. If they fall back at all, they could easily implode. These next 4 weeks should start to make this division a bit clearer...hopefully in our favor

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
RCATES":3dbq9fq0 said:
Shanegotyou11":3dbq9fq0 said:

Thoughts?

Lol no they won't. Rams are superior in every way to Arizona. Cardinals have probably the worst O-Line in football and a old statue as QB. Rams D-line is going to cause them fits. Cardinals had everything go right for them yesterday and barely squeezed out a win with TB's backup at the helm for most of the game. How quickly people forget Arizona's blowout loss 2 weeks ago against Philly 34-7. Arizona is bad outside of their Dome this year. Real bad.

I still believe Rams are the biggest threat to take the division from us.

Just a prediction. Superior in every way? False. Az is a better passing team and run defense team. Rams better running team and pass defense team. LA way better offense but defense Ppga slightly better. (23 to 24.8)

So are they better? Yes. But I think cards will be the worry this yr unless a injury happens.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1m5g76xl said:
Not worried about AP he is old, plays behind a crappy O-line, and Hawks D has shut him down of late.
Fitz always worries me though.

Rams are the bigger threat IMHO.

I'm only saying this as we took a victory in LA already. I think AP if stays healthy will make palmer and fitz and deep balls a threat again.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
TB is riding on preseason hype but haven't looked good in a single game all year. Half their defense is injured and was set to be mediocre regardless. I am not afraid of Peterson and 1 game isn't a sample size worth noting.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Still not worried about AZ with or without AP. We've contained AP in the past when he was healthier and younger; I have no doubt we'll contain him on a team that has had a suspect offensive line and had one good game against a soft TB defense.

We'll see who looks more dangerous after they play this week, but if I had to put money on one team being the bigger threat to the division it would be the Rams. More talent, better defense, younger, hungry under a new coach.... I just can't see AZ being the bigger threat right now.

chris98251

Reaction score
When was the last time Adrian Peterson went off against the Seahawks? Other then a long run Gurley was shut down also, 49ers did the most damage this year, they always seem to for some reason going back to Gore going off on us.

This is a philosophy thing for me, if Pete opens it up early and gets a lead that's more then 10 points most teams will scrap the game plan and go to catch up mode against us. They will know with a lead and our defense even if it's just top ten will hold a lead most games of 10 or more. Forcing a team to pass on us from behind is the best case situation.

Again as I stated that's my philosophy, not Pete's, his tends to be conservative in the first half and third quarter and open it up late.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":1c8u834o said:
When was the last time Adrian Peterson went off against the Seahawks?

When was the last time the Seahawks were #26 or worse against the run?

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":2376gtuw said:
chris98251":2376gtuw said:

It's early yet and we brought in Richardson and things are settling down, lets look at those numbers week 16. Didn't expect an actual answer anyway if it's not a one button Google push.

We have allowed 100 yd rushers 2 times now I think this season, that's more then we have in years.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":ywvogemp said:
Seymour":ywvogemp said:
chris98251":ywvogemp said:

It's early yet and we brought in Richardson and things are settling down, lets look at those numbers week 16. Didn't expect an actual answer anyway if it's not a one button Google push.

We have allowed 100 yd rushers 2 times now I think this season, that's more then we have in years.

That was an "actual answer".

We've played 5 games, and last I checked Richardson played all of them.

We are not what we once were, so don't expect the same results. In other words, it could go either way IMO.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":3o48rf4b said:
chris98251":3o48rf4b said:
Seymour":3o48rf4b said:
chris98251":3o48rf4b said:

That was an "actual answer".

We've played 5 games, and last I checked Richardson played all of them.

We are not what we once were, so don't expect the same results. In other words, it could go either way IMO.

They are still adjusting the rotation on defense, we seen this before and with Avril now out it will be adjusted some more. I expect shut down to come here in a few weeks as far as the run game.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I"m not convinced, that TB gave a thought about AP...