O-Line upgrades

Seymour

Reaction score
Sorry, the other one got locked. --Click the tweet to read article...

Several general managers said they expect the Seahawks to focus their attention now on Duane Brown, a former Pro Bowl left tackle who has been holding out all season in Houston. Brown intends to end his holdout a week from Monday, when the Texans return from their Week 7 bye. It just so happens that Brown's first game back, if the Texans do not utilize a three-week roster exemption on him, would be at Seattle on Oct. 29, the final game before the Oct. 31 bye.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/919598401901260800[/tweet]

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Why isn't Joe Thomas of the Browns in the conversation? So far its sign Albert or trade for Brown. Wouldn't Thomas be a cheaper trade? The Browns might be less desperate than the Texans.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well done Jason, we have been speculating this now for about 4 weeks, well maybe all off season also. Except it was wishful thinking with Joe Thomas.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":wtykga4u said:
Why isn't Joe Thomas of the Browns in the conversation? So far its sign Albert or trade for Brown. Wouldn't Thomas be a cheaper trade? The Browns might be less desperate than the Texans.

The Browns and Thomas have made it clear he is not up for trade. Dead end.

The Bills having and abundance of OT's is a better lead to make an improvement there.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":2dta62uw said:
Well done Jason, we have been speculating this now for about 4 weeks, well maybe all off season also. Except it was wishful thinking with Joe Thomas.

This was my favorite line.....

The Seahawks are first in the NFC South and quarterback Russell Wilson is performing at a high level

chris98251

Reaction score
The Bills having and abundance of OT's is a better lead to make an improvement there.

Yeah read that in the linked response, Buffalo will ask for the moon also, we will not get young cheap Tackles for nothing, Bills need a few holes filled and Richardson, Lockett, Baldwin, Carson, Rawls or our CB depth maybe Griffin would be asked for plus a draft pick I would bet since we are doing the asking. The could also ask for Naz or Reed on the D line. Who do you give up for a maybe Tackle.

James in PA

Reaction score
Cleveland 's refusal to even consider trading Thomas is baffling. By the time they're any good (assuming they'll ever get a clue), Thomas will be retired. Get something for him now while you can. Thomas himself supposedly wants to remain in Cleveland, which is even more of a head scratcher. Geez Joe, I know its inconvenient to move you family, but wouldn't it be nice to play for a contender just once before your NFL career is over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trrrroy

Reaction score
James in PA":35uae3ig said:
Cleveland 's refusal to even consider trading Thomas is baffling. By the time they're any good (assuming they'll ever get a clue), Thomas will be retired. Get something for him now while you can. Thomas himself supposedly wants to remain in Cleveland, which is even more of a head scratcher. Geez Joe, I know its inconvenient to move you family, but wouldn't it be nice to play for a contender just once before your NFL career is over?

You sound like a Yankee fan whining about the M's refusing to trade Hernandez. Thomas is the only good thing thats happened to that team in over a decade. Sometimes it's not all about winning.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Trrrroy":33n3yh3o said:
James in PA":33n3yh3o said:

You sound like a Yankee fan whining about the M's refusing to trade Hernandez. Thomas is the only good thing thats happened to that team in over a decade. Sometimes it's not all about winning.

In Clevelands case, it never is.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Trrrroy":1sj2k4ia said:
James in PA":1sj2k4ia said:

Got to agree! You got coaches who need a quick fix (Seattle} and you got HO that takes care of Money (Cleveland). The draw for Thomas puts more butts in the seat. Letting him go would be like giving up and telling fans to start flocking to the Cavs Bar!

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":1mvndhyd said:
Trrrroy":1mvndhyd said:
James in PA":1mvndhyd said:

Betting this guy thinks different.

Sports 2012 08 jim brown jim brown 02

They were also pretty good in this guy's run.

Latestcb20130322010106

Byner and Mack gave them a hell of a run game also.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2up0jm3m said:
Seymour":2up0jm3m said:
Trrrroy":2up0jm3m said:
James in PA":2up0jm3m said:

Latestcb20130322010106

Don't forget their exciting 1980 Brian Sipe year. They were good then for a short time.

It is a shame Thomas apparently doesn't want to be traded. He could be happy here, but his loyalty to Cleveland is certainly admirable.

chris98251

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2l7rw28d said:
chris98251":2l7rw28d said:
Seymour":2l7rw28d said:
Trrrroy":2l7rw28d said:

Latestcb20130322010106

Don't forget their exciting 1980 Brian Sipe year. They were good then for a short time.

It is a shame Thomas apparently doesn't want to be traded. He could be happy here, but his loyalty to Cleveland is certainly admirable.

Yeah Sipe was good and if memory is correct Paul Warfield was there then also, loved Greg Pruitt also.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2rahokv3 said:
Could be Brown but I'd bet it will may be Albert.

That is looking more likely at this point.

From yesterday....

Rapoport reported that Albert might again visit the New York Giants, a team that it was reported last week has shown previous interest. In fact, it had been reported that Albert might visit the Giants last week.

Albert didn’t, remaining in Seattle last week following his visit which led to speculation that he might be nearing a deal with Seattle. The Times learned that Albert was still in Seattle as of Monday and the fact that he has an offer could mean it’s not yet dead that he could still sign with the Seahawks.
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...ent-branden-albert-reported-to-have-an-offer/

Bobblehead

Reaction score
https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/1 ... on-dawkins

Seems the Hawks have interest in Cordy Gleen, tackle from Buffallo, but the asking price is steep.
Just curious what would too steep be..
For me, if the guy is good enough, hell I'd give them our whole draft class as much as it's worked out for us the past few years. I can't imagine it would be more than a 1st and a 2nd or a player though.