Luke Joeckel (update)

Gio

Reaction score
Pete told reporters that Luke will likely miss 4-5 weeks after the knee surgery !

Hawkfish

Reaction score
I figure it's a now or never on pulling the trigger on a trade...

Pete Carroll said LG Luke Joeckel could be out 4-5 weeks following the arthroscopic procedure he had on his knee last week. Asked about the plan to replace him, Carroll first mentioned Mark Glowinski but said rookie second-round pick Ethan Pocic is working there as well. Carroll said he wouldn't be surprised if they both play against the Giants.

Brady Henderson, ESPN

Seymour

Reaction score
Gio":1kh3f5uk said:
Pete told reporters that Luke will likely miss 4-5 weeks after the knee surgery !

Just another near useless pickup this off season. Our $5M RB has also been inactive 3 games because he wasn't good enough.

I hope we don't have to use our backup center, that could be devastating to the balance of the bench.

Unbalance

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, w/the money they threw his way, they could have EASILY signed someone else to 8 million for a season. Ugh

HawkerD

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1i8s8lvw said:
Yeah, w/the money they threw his way, they could have EASILY signed someone else to 8 million for a season. Ugh

But you know...JS and PC have the best eyes for talent in the league. :sarcasm_on:

They are like stock pickers in that they just had a few couple of lucky years and now have regressed to the mean.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Joeckel missing time due to injury? Who would have thought that?

nanomoz

Reaction score
Man, I hope Pocic gets pegged in there and excels. That would lend a lot of freedom once Joeckel comes back.

Plus, Glowinski--who I had high hopes for--was boy-among-men bad. Just putrid.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Anyone who really thought he would be back by the Texans game was fooling themselves. His knee was completely blown to bits last year, and I'm sure the cleanup process was not only gnarly but very painful.

They had to have known this last week, yet they don't make any moves over the bye week to get a new person acclimated to the system? What a joke.

Josea16

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2opeosfm said:
Not with how the FA market for OL went north of insane with a bullet this year and you know it.

adeltaY

Reaction score
To be fair, Joeckel was playing really well after a rough start to the season. I'm assuming he was playing hurt as well. Carrol said that when he comes back, Joeckel should be able to play without any problems pursuant to the cleanup. If we can hang on and win some of these games, our OL could be pretty decent on the interior in time for the playoffs.

Remember, we did beat the Texans, on the road, when they had prime Watt and Mercilus, with Paul McQuistan playing at left tackle. I know we needed Schaub/Mr. Pick Six to help us win, but we should still be able to beat them at home as weakened as they are.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Let's see 4/16 x 7.25 milion = $1,937,500 is what the team will be paying best case for Joeckel to heal up from an injury that happened last season? Wow!

Who's idea was it to pay this player who was known to be hurt this much?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Awesome! :177692: Yes I'm being sarcastic.

A rookie to the position @ the LT position for the 2nd seasons in a row with predictable weak results, and the team now gets to pay real $ to a LG who can't play b/c his injury from last season has flared-up and he needs more surgery. What are they doing? Every season an almost total overhaul of the OLine with predictable results.

At some point the FO must assume some responsibility for this situation which seems to continue from season to season. Pocic isn't ready for prime time, Glowinski looks as if he won't ever be, OLE'. Their coach says they're both not in game shape at game 6??? WTF? One step forward, then several backwards.It is getting discouraging. All the coach speak can't dispel the reality of the poor product being run out.

We'll see how things work on Sunday against a not bad front four, However, I will be surprised if it doesn't turn out poorly for the O. Grumble, grumble.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Too bad considering he was our probably our second best lineman, but, this was absolutely a risk. I didn’t like the signing then, and obviously like it even less now.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Luke Joeckel signing has Cable written all over it. Cable was so enamored with Luke and his 2nd highest guard grade from last season, they probably overpaid for him. Just to appease Cable. This is an example of what's wrong with the decisions regarding the OL, IMO.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2v0h5b92 said:
Anyone who really thought he would be back by the Texans game was fooling themselves. His knee was completely blown to bits last year, and I'm sure the cleanup process was not only gnarly but very painful.

They had to have known this last week, yet they don't make any moves over the bye week to get a new person acclimated to the system? What a joke.
I agree, but with what money? And which players?

I'm all for bringing in some help... It's getting to the point where free agent offensive linemen look at Tom Cable like free agent NBA players view Salt Lake City, Utah.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2r1zo3ky said:
The Luke Joeckel signing has Cable written all over it. Cable was so enamored with Luke and his 2nd highest guard grade from last season, they probably overpaid for him. Just to appease Cable. This is an example of what's wrong with the decisions regarding the OL, IMO.

I'm convinced that there is a "mental disease" that is affecting the staff regarding our Offensive Line play.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Maybe Joeckel being out turns out to be a positive. Somebody steps up... say Glow/Pocic, etc and plays well. Joeckel is only signed for this year. So they will be in the same state next year if they don't resign him. I doubt he'll be back for less than $8M. He's not worth more than that. Plus, Aboushi is only signed for this year as well. So potentially there will be 2 holes to fill again next year. So I'm hoping that Glow/Pocic/Roos or whoever plays well and takes advantage of the opportunity that is given to them.

2_0_6

Reaction score
RockinHawks":390ok1sz said:
Hawk_Nation":390ok1sz said:

I agree, but with what money? And which players?

I'm all for bringing in some help... It's getting to the point where free agent offensive linemen look at Tom Cable like free agent NBA players view Salt Lake City, Utah.

You can move money around and get creative with contracts if they found a "fit". Trade for Brown, sign Albert, or shop for a teams backup.