Russ Seems Lethargic In Presser

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Is it just me or does Russell seem to be lacking that passion/enthusiasm he has always shown in the past, especially for mid week pressers? I just watched the whole interview and he just seems to be lacking "something". I don't even know what it is really. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe he's simply tired or bummed to be constantly asked about the issues on offense. Maybe Ciara is taking his energy in - ahem - certain ways...I don't know, I am probably looking too much into his demeanor on one random presser on a Wednesday but I think we can all agree that he's not playing at his peak level this season and I just don't know why that is.

[youtube]umfXr4jL8r0[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Russell's finally hit the critical mass point where even he's now tired of his cliches.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Perhaps the "no time to sleep" silliness is finally catching up to him.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1wic2iam said:
Russell's finally hit the critical mass point where even he's now tired of his cliches.

I would have written this, but you did. He's growing up.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ad Hawk":37zyhsb2 said:
Perhaps the "no time to sleep" silliness is finally catching up to him.

His new mantra: "Yo woman, I need some damn sleep!"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Reporter: "Russell, what do you think about this week's tough east coast matchup with a Giant's team that is coming off a great win in Denver where it looks like they're now back to playing well?"

Russell: "No time to sleep.................why not us.....................the separations........................in the.................preparzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
He isn't brand new out of college. Only a few keep the same zip. Russ still wants to win and win superbowls. Other then that its eh to me.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
btw, this is the same criticisms of Belichick and Brady in pressers, their energy is so low they're practically comatose.

But they do that out of a vindictive hatred for the press, Russell's just publicly boring in general.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Fatherhood can be quite tiring. And Russ has always been a far from electric interview to begin with.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There is a guy at work who complained that Russ was too corny and robotic. Now he's complaining that he's too mellow. Pretty much describes quite a few fans :lol:

Chapow

Reaction score
I'm relatively certain that Russ is a human being. Sometimes human beings don't feel 100% amazing for any number of reasons.

This is a big fat nothing burger.

I continue to be amazed at how desperately this fan base wants to tear down the best QB in the history of our franchise and will nit pick the tiniest, most trivial things to do so.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Who knows. I'll watch Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott, Derek Carr, and Aaron Rodgers interviews to see if they're somehow more upbeat and less cliche

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, I was loving the F bombs he threw out after the TD against the Colts. His teammates clearly liked it too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":3bbd844y said:
I continue to be amazed at how desperately this fan base wants to tear down the best QB in the history of our franchise and will nit pick the tiniest, most trivial things to do so.

Whoa, relax. I don't think asking the question and having some fun with Russell's boring personality is "tearing him down."

Love Russ, but he's a cliche machine bore in his pressers. When has he said one interesting thing?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He's probably getting tired of eating the same thing every day with that 4,800 calorie diet. All those almonds and oatmeal...

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":xg97kso5 said:
Chapow":xg97kso5 said:

Whoa, relax. I don't think asking the question and having some fun with Russell's boring personality is "tearing him down."

Love Russ, but he's a cliche machine bore in his pressers. When has he said one interesting thing?

I think it's pretty obvious that I wasn't referring to just this thread or just your comments in this thread.

To answer your question, I don't know when Russ has ever said anything interesting and I don't really care. From everything I know about him, I believe he is a very good man and a very good football player. That's all that matters to me in regards to Russ.