The FO

Joyodongo

Reaction score
I'm deeply disappointed with this FO. They were supposed to be a very smart bunch of people but this is what I've seen the last years:
- They have no good drafts since 2012 (Frank Clark, Tyler Lockett maybe the best players in 5 drafts). They keep on trading back to accumulate 3rd round picks that they use to reach players like Rees Odhiambo, one of the worst players in the league right now.
- Horrible, horrible trades (let's see how SR's turns out but: Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham ...)
- They have for many years neglected the importance of the O-line
- They have horrendously evaluated O-linemen: not only in the draft, but free agents (Webb, Sowell...)
- As a consequence the are spoiling (maybe they have already spoiled) their franchise QB
- Complacency with the results: as we reach playoffs everything seems to be OK ...
- Complacency with the coaching staff: I can't stand PC's loyalty to his coaches (this is a business, not a friends' meeting). The results with the O-line, with the O in general are bad: make no excuses and try something/someone different, we can't be worse than this (at least with the O-line), and if we get even worse well, at least we tried something different

In this moment I'd prefer to be 0-11 this season and make some drastic changes than see another season with disappointing play, barely reaching the playoffs and losing the first road game.
Besides that, this team is very hard to watch, Why can't we see a Seahawks game like this last KC-Oakland, like the end of the 2015 season?

Tmagopis

Reaction score
Joyodongo":3ls2cf6x said:
I'm deeply disappointed with this FO. They were supposed to be a very smart bunch of people but this is what I've seen the last years:
- They have no good drafts since 2012 (Frank Clark, Tyler Lockett maybe the best players in 5 drafts). They keep on trading back to accumulate 3rd round picks that they use to reach players like Rees Odhiambo, one of the worst players in the league right now.
- Horrible, horrible trades (let's see how SR's turns out but: Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham ...)
- They have horrendously evaluated O-linemen: not only in the draft, but free agents (Webb, Sowell...)
- As a consequence the are spoiling (maybe they have already spoiled) their franchise QB
- Complacency with the results: as we reach playoffs everything seems to be OK ...
- Complacency with the coaching staff: I can't stand PC's loyalty to his coaches (this is a business, not a friends' meeting). The results with the O-line, with the O in general are bad: make no excuses and try something/someone different, we can't be worse than this (at least with the O-line), and if we get even worse well, at least we tried something different

In this moment I'd prefer to be 0-11 this season and make some drastic changes than see another season with disappointing play, barely reaching the playoffs and losing the first road game.
Besides that, this team is very hard to watch, Why can't we see a Seahawks game like this last KC-Oakland, like the end of the 2015 season?

Take a step back and relax. It will be ok.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2qnu0k4j said:
And you all thought I was negative. I believe the torch has been passed.

Ah, Blitzer, there's quite a difference between your sad pessimism (coupled with stronger-than-average disappointment at the inevitable injury news) and the above post with it's hyperbolic use of adverbs and adjectives that borders on sheer falsehood.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Why would you want our defense to give up 30+ points like KC and Oakland did? We're a defensive team, I don't think any of us like seeing opponents get more than 20 points.

I agree with some of the coaching issues, but the drafts haven't been complete busts. We extended Britt, Frank Clark is a special athlete and can develop into an elite pass rusher/run defender, Lockett has made some solid contributions when healthy, PRich has actually been pretty good too when healthy, Reed has low-key been even better this year, and our rookies Shaq and Naz are contributing and not looking too bad.

Atradees

Reaction score
We are sort of wasting RW a guy we did discover but does have a chance to be a generational great talent.

The defense is good. Whose to say the Richardson and McDowell combo won't happen?

The Offense should be better with a FO together this long. ..I agree there. The drafting has gotten comical. There is no competition on the coaching staff? To me a telling sign is a featured wide receiver in a superb owl that isn't even on the team. Rudderless...a draft we took a handful of rbs when there was deep oline talent.

I would like to see some changes to the staff soon or else they should all go. Pete Carroll was such a breath of fresh air. He did bring us out of dark times. I am beginning to wonder though if the first draft or two that got us great players wasn't do to some people no longer in the front office.

So...what happens if we fire Everyone?

New offensive direction...same qb. Same defensive stars signed for the short term that we don't seem to be replacing in the draft.

Kris Richard...anyone renember his playing days? Why is he a coordinator?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Joyodongo":2nic8m9w said:

No wonder the Catalans want to get away from you lot.

Erebus

Reaction score
Atradees":22paomkp said:

I do remember his playing days. What does physical talent have to do with the ability to coach and coordinate a defense?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
.. and yet the Hawks remain one of the elite handful of the NFL. Oh, such woe is thee.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Erebus":1e1i9gst said:
Atradees":1e1i9gst said:

I do remember his playing days. What does physical talent have to do with the ability to coach and coordinate a defense?

Why we're at it, Bill Belichick never even played in the NFL. How is he even allowed to coach in the NFL?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There will those who look at the team and see only bad and those who see only good. Reality is somewhere in the middle.

There are clearly some problems, but the record has been solid. In fact looking back over the length of the life of the team this period of management has been the best ever by a considerable amount.

Are there things we want changed? Absolutely! I do think the league has found ways to overcome our solid D to a degree not yet seen, but the team still is tough to heat and the D keeps the games close. It is hard to win regularly in the NFL; looking at the record the team has put together few teams in the league have done better since the present regime has been here. We all look with envy at the record of NE but their HC and QB are likely historically two of the best ever in the history of the game blessed with playing in cream puff division so they are a happy team with a low bar to get over to reach the playoffs annually.

I personally am highly disappointed with the team’s O and despite a hoped for focus upon the run this season the talent seems unable to get it done yet again because the OLine is unable to block effectively or the scheme employed isn’t working. There are still flashes of ability at times but many of the opening poster’s concerns are easy complaints to be made. It is easy to play the blame game with a losing team but the Hawks are widely regarded as a winning program, and their results show that perception of them is correct. The concerns mentioned will all be simply grumbles if the team gets a few Ws in a row. I could care less if the team lays 40 on every opponent and the W is all that counts, though 40 would be nice. I just want to see a functioning O that can actually make 3rd downs. I just want to see a solid running game and an OLine that can give our talented QB time to pass to the several talented guys the team has to catch the ball.

Every season is different and this season has made the OLine issues even starker in their in their continuing troubles to get it done. Yes some FO and coaching responsibilities are present, but things sure as heck could be a whole lot worse. It’s not as if they aren’t trying to fix the problem but reality is they are facing some frustration of their plans.

It’s game 6 and the tea is so ill in the hunt. As ever we need to be patient.

sutz

Reaction score
The bye week. Like a little bit of off-season hell in the middle of the season.

:34853_doh:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The opening post reminds me of something my Grand Mother used to say to me when I was young:

"Be careful what you wish for."

In that there is always bad with the good, and the bad is never as awful as you think it is; and the good sometimes just isn't good.

For us Hawk fans the OLine has long been a concern and something to grumble about. Even a small but consistent improvement is noticeable. I suspect that by the final quarter of the season things will be noticeably better.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Joyodongo":hyivgcy1 said:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/921040042276958208[/tweet]

Yeah, God forbid we should be upset about making the playoffs.

In this moment I'd prefer to be 0-11

https://media.giphy.com/media/YPIrsRqqO7oB2/giphy.gif

Seymour

Reaction score
Joyodongo":1lnlldt7 said:

0-11? Where do you get that "in this moment"? You want to play 5 more games than everyone else at week 6 to get it over with early?

That entire post is 90% BS IMO. Everything except "hard to watch football", and oline which I do happen to agree with. I was more entertained with the KC Oak game last night than I've seen from the Hawks in years (from strickly an entertainment perspective).

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
GeekHawk":2lqp6c3q said:
We should probably start a uniform thread! :mrgreen:

So what's up with those tiny Seahawk logos on the sleeves anyways? Am I right people?!?! Oh wait.

:lol:

12thbrah

Reaction score
Outside of the O-line I actually think the FO has done a decent job with the draft. With a team like the Hawks that has kept its core starters together for so long it will be hard for a rookie to step in right away and contribute. The approach they have taken with trading down and accumulating lots of picks each year has worked since they are able to bring more young talent into camp and build their depth. I'm ok with nailing 1-2 solid contributors / potential starters each year. I think the 2017 draft class has stepped up big time and will turn out to be a good one. Naz, Shaq, Carson are just a few that I expect to be studs in the near future.