Earl not practicing for personal reasons

StoneCold

Reaction score
Anyone know what this is about? Heard it on the radio and just saw it on the Seahawk's injury report. I hope he and his family are OK.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Both weeks 4 and 5 he missed 2 of 3 practices listed as knee, so I'd have assumed that it was just resting him if they hadn't put the NIR tag to it. Hopefully someone will ask at the presser today

2_0_6

Reaction score
Saw on Twitter that his wife was in labor. Not sure if this is true, but I saw it come across a few hours ago.

Seymour

Reaction score
All I know is it is non football related. Sounds like there also is some question he will make the trip at this point.

LolaRox

Reaction score
This made me raise an eyebrow early in the week when I saw it reported that he wasn't with the team (not just not practicing, but not there) due to a personal matter.

I know his wife is pretty far into her pregnancy so I hope everything is okay with her and the baby - I do know know if it has anything to do with her, but that is the first thing I thought.

Also, I don't think there is a press conference today, they are traveling early. Pete moved everything up and did his normal Friday presser yesterday and I haven't watched it to know what/if he said anything more about Earl, but I doubt it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not trying to be a jerk (and I’m the biggest ET fan there is) but if I’m a pro athlete and plan on having kids, I’m going to try to impregnate the wife/gf so the kid is born in the off-season. Better for Baby, Momma, and Papa if full concentration is focused on baby and mom.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":33kawu0f said:
Not trying to be a jerk (and I’m the biggest ET fan there is) but if I’m a pro athlete and plan on having kids, I’m going to try to impregnate the wife/gf so the kid is born in the off-season. Better for Baby, Momma, and Papa if full concentration is focused on baby and mom.

Ever heard of an "oops baby"?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Ok I did a little digging, and I found what appears to be his wife's twitter page...

https://twitter.com/mrsninathomas29?lang=en

On that page, there's a tweet about going to a wedding on October 17 and one from 30 minutes ago about driving in NY. Sounds like they had a wedding this week and Earl may already be in NY. Sounds like (if her account is really her) that this is a non-issue

If they were resting him as they had the previous two weeks, then him being absent doesn't really change anything practice wise.

Mindsink

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":13amevt6 said:
Sports Hernia":13amevt6 said:

Ever heard of contraception?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Mindsink":1zdzoh44 said:
Hawk_Nation":1zdzoh44 said:
Sports Hernia":1zdzoh44 said:

Ever heard of contraception?

Yup, every heard of nothing is 100%? My brother's wife had an IUD and got pregnant....with twins.

It happens.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":16usql3l said:
Sports Hernia":16usql3l said:

Yes, my youngest brother was an “oops”.
If both parties are 100% deadset against it happening it won’t.
One person of the oops group usually isn’t too upset of a pregnancy.
Pill + a condom = no baby.

< steps off soapbox > 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":haxpfbsp said:
Ok I did a little digging, and I found what appears to be his wife's twitter page...

https://twitter.com/mrsninathomas29?lang=en

On that page, there's a tweet about going to a wedding on October 17 and one from 30 minutes ago about driving in NY. Sounds like they had a wedding this week and Earl may already be in NY. Sounds like (if her account is really her) that this is a non-issue

If they were resting him as they had the previous two weeks, then him being absent doesn't really change anything practice wise.
I hope that’s it.

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/921447970146369536[/tweet]

Good news at least Earl is playing it sounds like!

LolaRox

Reaction score
They are in fact on the way to NY already :D

[tweet]https://twitter.com/prichiejr/status/921471053544808449[/tweet]

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks4life":1vqwl28d said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/921447970146369536[/tweet]

Good news at least Earl is playing it sounds like!

This seems to confirm what I was assuming through Earl's wife's twitter feed.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ecp1prn said:

Thankfully for us and the rest of humanity, you will never get to make this decision. :irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
I think we can all agree that Earl can afford to miss a couple of practices with no ill affect, it it's not injury related, and it seems like it isn't.

:2thumbs:

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
LolaRox":t5vikpac said:
They are in fact on the way to NY already :D

[tweet]https://twitter.com/prichiejr/status/921471053544808449[/tweet]

Dammit. Just ONCE I need to see Russell Wilson listening to some Public Enemy, Spice 1, CBo....or hell, even some Death metal or whatever its called. Not this sweetheart, cupcaking shit. No wonder he starts slow.

I'm only like 33% kidding.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
StoneCold":43if599b said:
Sports Hernia":43if599b said:

Thankfully for us and the rest of humanity, you will never get to make this decision. :irishdrinkers:
Trust me, I never wanted kids so I practiced what I preached! :2thumbs: