What do you make of this?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":gtj6htsm said:
http://dailysnark.com/seahawks-wr-doug-baldwin-gets-shoving-match-coach-tom-cable-sideline/

IMHO much to do about nothing. I am sure this will get played out int he media in these forums ad nauseum.

907Hawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":150swf73 said:
http://dailysnark.com/seahawks-wr-doug-baldwin-gets-shoving-match-coach-tom-cable-sideline/

I make nothing out of that, we don't know what was being said so its BS to make a big deal out of it. I do notice this is your response to the Ass kicking the Hawks just handed to the Giants. Im going to enjoy the win and not look for stuff to bitch about.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Not sure but it looks like Cable was either yelling at someone, or arguing and Baldwin stepped in the middle to shove him away. Not sure if it's because he felt Cable was unjustified, or idk. I guess we'll find out in the pressers

vin.couve12

Reaction score
His target was the OL. It was probably bickering between groups about dropped passes and penalties and/or blocking.

Cable squashed it and yelled at everyone. He handled it well.

People will see what they want to though.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3g346it1 said:
His target was the OL. It was probably bickering between groups about dropped passes and penalties and/or blocking.

Cable squashed it and yelled at everyone. He handled it well.

People will see what they want to though.
This sounds about right.

Offensive line to receivers: "Catch the damn ball!"

Baldwin to offensive line: "Learn how to block!"

Pete Carroll to Darrell Bevell: "Gee, golly, Darrell, you're a fantastic offensive play caller!" Lol, jk, with this one!

Scrum ensues!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Honestly don't have the mental motivation to really partake in these dramas anymore. Don't condone it but at this point don't really care about it either. Lot of good things to talk about our team right now besides whom pushed whom and the way the media is going to want to blow this up is going to make me want to punch myself in the face.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
907Hawk":2n52j026 said:
Cyrus12":2n52j026 said:

I make nothing out of that, we don't know what was being said so its BS to make a big deal out of it. I do notice this is your response to the Ass kicking the Hawks just handed to the Giants. Im going to enjoy the win and not look for stuff to bitch about.
Thanks for your input ...did I say anything negative? Of course it would be brought up..not everyday a player pushes a coach. Go back to celebrating

LolaRox

Reaction score
Pete just said that Russell was trying to get the offense together and Doug was trying to make sure that Russell got his chance to talk and that everyone was listening. Pete had already sent Cable over to talk to the offense but didn't know Russ was doing it.

So it sounds like Doug wanted Russ to talk and not Cable lol.

Cc5674

Reaction score
Good thing they were playing a short handed Giants team. Really not too impressive if you ask me. Garbage time points dont make up for an Offense with no identity. For a team coming off a BYE week they just looked terrible. From pregame follies to in game fights among themselves they look a lot like the Pete Carroll teams that implode eventually. Pete has lost control.

BigMeach

Reaction score
This is a great example of video editing and voice overs changing the narrative to suit a need. Who knows what was really going on there but if you watch it and pay close attention to the beginning of the cut to Baldwin/Cable. You'll notice Cable's arm extended pushing Baldwin back BEFORE Baldwin starts pushing Cable.

Who knows, maybe before this part they were all shoving each other and playing Patty Cake. Let's not make too much of this nonsense.

sutz

Reaction score
Baldwin talked about that in the post game presser. Basically, he said it was the players, not coaches, playcalling or scheme. They were tight in the first half and he, being one of the oldest guys on the team was calling them out.

Didn't read the linked article because I don't often click on blind links without some quotes to tell me what I'm getting, but it was really nothing. If the team had fallen apart after it, it would be something, but they came back and finished one of the best games of the year.

It's all good.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wonder if Jim Moore will make a big deal out of this on his crappy little radio show and demand that Baldwin be traded for yelling and shoving/bumping a precious offensive coach? 8)

SeaChickN

Reaction score
Cc5674":1jt0e5ro said:
Good thing they were playing a short handed Giants team. Really not too impressive if you ask me. Garbage time points dont make up for an Offense with no identity. For a team coming off a BYE week they just looked terrible. From pregame follies to in game fights among themselves they look a lot like the Pete Carroll teams that implode eventually. Pete has lost control.

Aren't you the same one who claimed to be embarrassed by this team in that other deleted thread? You clearly have an agenda.

It was a good win.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I actually think it is great to see leaders voice their concerns. Our Offense is simply NOT meeting expectations in the first half. Doesn't matter who is right or wrong. Our offense needs to play better. It needs to be said. I'm sure they have done it in nicer ways. I'm sure they have done it in meeting rooms and all. Sometimes, it needs to be communicated in different ways. And I'm glad someone has he balls to let it known publicly. They don't need Sherman to tell them that.
I don't know about you, but I believe that this team is expected to go to the SB.
Playing like they did in the first half was not SB material.
Thanks Doug. I hope they all got the message.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Post game Baldwin said that Cable was telling the players the same thing he was about to say to them, so despite what the camera showed they were on the same page when it came to telling the offense to get thier heads in the game. In any event it does seem to be the turning point in how the offense played, and were smoking hot the next quarter and a half.