Schedule Now Becomes Home Friendly

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
With the Seahawks having played half their road games through just week 7, the schedule now looks a lot more friendly with a whole lot of Century Link games remaining.

Also with Carson Palmer injuring his arm, this helps soften the only road game over the next 4 weeks, especially on a Thursday night.

GO HAWKS!

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Gonna be a fun ride, we're virtually unstoppable in OUR house. I'm eyeing a first round bye

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Stanton for AZ should make it an easy win. Sadly, we haven't always been as successful against him as we should.

But looking at the next few games, only the Eagles in Dec. really worry me. And at least we have them in Seattle. :2thumbs:

SlickRick

Reaction score
Today was a good football day by Seattle. Sad for Arizona on Palmer, but hey that's football. Let's keep Russ healthy & make a playoff run

hawk45

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":31iahhd6 said:
Stanton for AZ should make it an easy win. Sadly, we haven't always been as successful against him as we should.

But looking at the next few games, only the Eagles in Dec. really worry me. And at least we have them in Seattle. :2thumbs:

The Texans don't worry you? That's a top-5 defense.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
One game at a time.

Home game against Texans and I'll think about what comes after that.

Crizilla

Reaction score
anything can happen in the NFL, but yes we should be 6-2 at the half way point

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Great win today. Things are finely looking in our favor. That being said were a weird team and a 6-0 run wouldn't surprise me nor a 3-3 run. I'm hoping for the former. 14-2 would be a first round bye no doubt.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawk45":1w5l1e52 said:
Ad Hawk":1w5l1e52 said:

No, the Texans don't worry me. Their D is probably top-10, but top-5? Probably not by the end of the season. The game is at home, and that gives us some help. Houston may have a strong running-game, but except for a couple long gap-missed runs, we've been pretty stout against it. We already know how to play against a running QB, so Watson may not have much success.

I'm really looking forward to next week, actually.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":ea3aqhx1 said:

Wasn't it Stanton who was doing that b!&$@ made dance on the sidelines at our place when Arizona broke open a win against us a couple years ago?

Yeah. Make sure everyone in Seattle( I'm not) finds a way to remind the LOB of that before that game.

Time to pay the piper Drew.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3ki5s35y said:
Great win today. Things are finely looking in our favor. That being said were a weird team and a 6-0 run wouldn't surprise me nor a 3-3 run. I'm hoping for the latter. 14-2 would be a first round bye no doubt.

Former. The word I think you want is "former." :)

Josea16

Reaction score
hawk45":2ui24lnv said:
Ad Hawk":2ui24lnv said:

Without Watt and nobody but Clowney that's very debatable. The schedule is setup for a huge run right to the number one seed. I'm far more worried about New Orleans then any other team we may play. Drew Brees with Ingram is trouble.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":34r6eq13 said:
hawk45":34r6eq13 said:
Ad Hawk":34r6eq13 said:

No, the Texans don't worry me. Their D is probably top-10, but top-5? Probably not by the end of the season. The game is at home, and that gives us some help. Houston may have a strong running-game, but except for a couple long gap-missed runs, we've been pretty stout against it. We already know how to play against a running QB, so Watson may not have much success.

Watson is so much more than a "running QB". We will have our hands full next week.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Watson looks like the real deal. Even without watt the Texans look good. Should be a great game. Even the skins worry me a bit but I think the Texans are the tougher test

hawk45

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":llm9i167 said:

Football outsiders has them at 6. So okay top 10. Our defense is 12; dragged down by a 25th rush defense ranking due to gash runs given up. I'd say we're closer to 5. In any case, the Texans D is right up there with us.

Our ceiling is 13 pts at home against a defense that good IMO.

Do I think our D can stuff them and we can win? Sure. But it's nuts IMO to not be worried about the Texans when we've struggled against the Niner and Titan Ds.

What good running QBs have we played? Mariota? The Titans hung 33 on us!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawk45":1zqe08x7 said:
Ad Hawk":1zqe08x7 said:

Football outsiders has them at 6. So okay top 10. Our defense is 12; dragged down by a 25th rush defense ranking due to gash runs given up. I'd say we're closer to 5. In any case, the Texans D is right up there with us.

Our ceiling is 13 pts at home against a defense that good IMO.

Do I think our D can stuff them and we can win? Sure. But it's nuts IMO to not be worried about the Texans when we've struggled against the Niner and Titan Ds.

What good running QBs have we played? Mariota? The Titans hung 33 on us!

It's not nuts; I have no role in the preparation so worry does me absolutely no good. Why worry?

It's up to the team and coaches to be ready. They will be. I have nothing to do but wait until next week's entertainment. The offense is moving better (Jimmy's catches a couple more today and the game looks far more like a blowout.

Watson isn't a "running QB" but we've corralled Cam and other good passers who also run. I believe this D will do so.

Your opinion on ceiling is fairly pessimistic with us at home. We can do far better than that, and just may. Would I be shocked at a final score of 13-10? Nope. But neither would putting up 20+ surprise me.

hawk45

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2uqpajzi said:
It's not nuts; I have no role in the preparation so worry does me absolutely no good. Why worry?

It's up to the team and coaches to be ready. They will be. I have nothing to do but wait until next week's entertainment. The offense is moving better (Jimmy's catches a couple more today and the game looks far more like a blowout.

Watson isn't a "running QB" but we've corralled Cam and other good passers who also run. I believe this D will do so.

Your opinion on ceiling is fairly pessimistic with us at home. We can do far better than that, and just may. Would I be shocked at a final score of 13-10? Nope. But neither would putting up 20+ surprise me.

"Worried" is generally held to mean that you consider a team formidable and a tough out for our own team. If you're going to interpret it as whether or not you personally feel anxiety, and if your personal philosophy is that you don't feel any anxiety for any opponents, than what exactly is the contribution you're making? If you're simply saying you're not a worrier, what does that have to do with the point of the thread which is to discuss which upcoming opponents are formidable?

We've corralled Cam at times and at times he's killed us. Again, the last mobile QB we've faced torched us.

It's nearly BlueClue level to not mention the Texans in the list of upcoming teams to be wary of.

sutz

Reaction score
With only one 10am game left IIRC, you gotta like how it lines up for the next few games.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawk45":38n79ila said:
Ad Hawk":38n79ila said:
"Worried" is generally held to mean that you consider a team formidable and a tough out for our own team. If you're going to interpret it as whether or not you personally feel anxiety, and if your personal philosophy is that you don't feel any anxiety for any opponents, than what exactly is the contribution you're making? If you're simply saying you're not a worrier, what does that have to do with the point of the thread which is to discuss which upcoming opponents are formidable?

We've corralled Cam at times and at times he's killed us. Again, the last mobile QB we've faced torched us.

It's nearly BlueClue level to not mention the Texans in the list of upcoming teams to be wary of.

Well, here comes the hyperbole again... BlueClue? Really? If my confidence about playing the Texans for the reasons stated reminds you of his posts, then you lose tremendous credibility. Even sarcasm is lost there...

I'm not worried because this team can beat the Texans at home. Will they? Maybe not, but it won't be because of the Texans. This Hawks team should beat them, if we came away from today relatively healthy.

So, regardless of how you want to use the term "worry", I will not be doing so. Have at it! ;)

Steve2222

Reaction score
hawk45":17c3brde said:
Ad Hawk":17c3brde said:

The Texans are 15 in passing yards allowed, 19 in rushing yards allowed, and 23 in points allowed. They are now without Brian Cushing,JJ Watt and Whitney Merciless to go with losing AJ Bouye to free agency (who is proving to be a giant miss for them).

How are you figuring they are a Top 5 defense? Are you going off of 2016 or something?