4-2 Baby!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay so that is kind of a bait and switch lead in...Yes, I am stoked that we are 4-2 and like Mack Strong always told us, wins are hard to come by in the NFL and he is right about that.

HOWEVER!

Ahem.

What in the freaking fracklesteen is going on with Jimmy Graham!?? I am sure every 12 is thinking that thought. In the first half he looked like some scrub that stole his body and uniform who had zero football catching ability. In the second half he woke up and remembered how to catch the ball. If you judge one half of a game on his performance shame on you but the story of this season thus far shows an alarming trend. He just hasn't been himself. Why?

Rawls. Okay, gross alert but my nickname for Rawls in his rookie year was BIG BAWLS RAWLS!! He earned it. Punishing runs, looked every bit the answer to Lynch. Since then he has been one injury after another and when he does get healthy and back on the field he looks like he is trying too hard and lacks the patience the best running backs exhibit unconsciously. I haven't given up on Rawls just yet but he really needs to focus and produce like he is capable of.

Russell DANGERUSS Wilson. Without him we would be 0-6 right now. Maybe. Okay maybe not, but the record would be nowhere near as pretty as 4-2. We all know our OL is hot garbage but bless their hearts they do try. If Russ wasn't running for his life on nearly every drop back we wouldn't recognize him. Thankfully Russ is full of all kinds of magic and some of that magic was on display in this game but MY GOD Russell for every time you over throw an open receiver A KITTEN DIES SO KNOCK IT OFF!!!

Ahh. Deep breath. Now that that is out of my system...

I don't know what our stats are on defense. I really don't give a (bleep) right now about metrics. All I know is that our defense is still one of, if not THE best defense in the NFL. Now don't you dare counter my opinion with some emotionless metric that has no bearing on the blood, sweat and tears that is invested on every play of each game. Metrics don't measure heart and unity and fight. For if they did, this defense would be ranked number one each year in and year out.

Let's not apologize for beating up on a wounded animal as the 1-6 Giants are. Great teams see blood in the water and strike accordingly. Do you think the Patriots would be regarded in any less light had they won 24-7?

Make no mistake the 2017 Seahawks are going to challenge our collective blood pressures. Mainly offensively. Jimmy is in some zombie mode with concrete hands at times, yet pulls himself out of the coma to wake up in the second half of games, seemingly remembering who he is. A microcosm of the Seahawks offense in general. Completely anemic in the first half only to suddenly become a vibrant and productive - if not impressive - offense in the second half.

The OL will continue to keep Russell up at night with night sweats but bless their hearts the effort is clearly there. Doug Baldwin will continue to bail us out on third downs and the running game will do just enough to wonder what life could really be like on the plus side of 100 yards per game.

In the end, let's face facts. These are not your 2013 Seahawks. They do not have any semblance of a dominant running game, they have more warts then we have seen on offense in years. But what they DO have is the genesis, the mantra that never, ever ends under Pete's watch and that is ALWAYS COMPETE.

Say what you will about this team but one thing you can never argue is this team ALWAYS COMPETES. It never, ever, ever gives up regardless of circumstance or score. And if they are down coming into the second half?

Look out. It's when they are the most productive, and dangeRUSS team in the league.

Go Hawks!

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Graham had the drops early and Russ also threw a terrible fade in the endzone as well. Graham is still a top tight end in the league as is Russ IMO. Rawls isn't as impressive as he was pre injury but I think he is too small for the punishing run style he has.

I really like JDs game. And prich is a go getter on jump balls. Doughie is Mr consistent. The o line was good today but Russ still saves sacks every game. Let's see....the defense is top defense IMO again.

Sorry I'm tired and rambling.

Go hawks

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Rawls with the fumble and dropped pass. He also made a couple bad cuts. I feel the problem is in his head. He is trying to hard if that makes sense. He needs to be a bit more patient. He could be a major asset if he just calmed down a bit.

chris98251

Reaction score
If we get right on offense or at least consistent teams will once again hate playing us, right now they think they have a chance, we are not taking and stomping on their hearts anymore, although Sherman's welcome to the NFL hit on Engram was pretty nice. Those are the legal hits that over a game send a message, they are also there when they have their legs under them and are not tired and resort to more arm tackles.

As much as I hate to watch the first half abominations we throw out if we can build a bit every week come week 10 or so we should start really rolling with momentum. Just can't regress.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Rawls needs to just 'tap' a joint filled with a nice strain of a sativa or sativa dom hybrid. He's ultra hyphy, as soon as he is brought down he hops up from the turf and bounces a few more times. I can't explain it but I think he was that little cousin where you were like "damn, my ninja, can you calm down for a second, grown folk are trying to talk here, go sit down for a minute and play with your Gameboy or something." y'all know what I mean? His instincts seem off due to what I feel is a self imposed urgency to get back to pre-injury form. 100% understandable but, he ends up getting..tunnel vision and missing, imo.

Jimmy is tough physically, but I feel like his injury is still lingering in his head. He seems too tense. He and Russ should be staying at least an hour together after each practice so they can get their timing down.

Oline seems serviceable. We've played some good Dlines over the past 2 games and they are definitely on the up. Just HAVE TO stop the mental mistakes. But I'm convinced now that Chief Sealth himself is causing that problem. It's like clockwork.

Russ, no more "Ribbon in the sky" or "Dance with my father" pregame. Stevie and Luther are GREAT, don't get me wrong but, Ciara, put some early Outkast, Goodie Mob, Pastor Troy etc. on ya man's playlist. Bring out that elementary school bully in him, Thanks! :lol:

Defense. You guys are sharks, komodo Dragons, lions, tigers, bears, hyenas, ball hawking ospreys! I would hate to face you guys and I love you all for that!

ONE last thing, Russ, just start calling your own number at the goal line. Score, if the Bevell gets mad, so be it. He's not going to cuss you out or backhand you.

5-2 this time next week!

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
There are 2 points on offense that are encouraging to me. 1st, the OL is starting to look average. That's all Russ needs. Give him an average OL and he will tear teams apart. 2nd, the other big issue offensively, is mental. The number of dropped passes the team has this year, is insane. Jimmy needs to wake up and realize he's one of the highest paid offensive players. His whole attitude has kind of seemed meh, all season.

If the OL continues to gel and the offense wakes up from it's mental mistakes, there could be a half decent offense hidden in there.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Year of The Hawk":iow8xhv6 said:
Rawls with the fumble and dropped pass. He also made a couple bad cuts. I feel the problem is in his head. He is trying to hard if that makes sense. He needs to be a bit more patient. He could be a major asset if he just calmed down a bit.

Yeah, I missed this but I agree one hunnid! He has a lot he wants to prove & I admire that. But from experience in other lines of work, a steady hand gets the job done. Only time I ever screwed up on a job was when I let the moment "rush" me.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":8yotu9sh said:
Jimmy needs to wake up and realize he's one of the highest paid offensive players. His whole attitude has kind of seemed meh, all season.

Exactly. I am trying to figure out why? He overcame his injury in a big way last year, so why the drop off this year? He seems disinterested, almost detached from the team. Something is up.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Aros":3sf8akc8 said:
EverydayImRusselin":3sf8akc8 said:
Jimmy needs to wake up and realize he's one of the highest paid offensive players. His whole attitude has kind of seemed meh, all season.

Exactly. I am trying to figure out why? He overcame his injury in a big way last year, so why the drop off this year? He seems disinterested, almost detached from the team. Something is up.

Yeah, last year we were all screaming to get him more involved because he was making plays. Now we are all screaming to trade him because he is dropping everything.

Seafan

Reaction score
Like Doug said, the whole offense has been playing bad including Russ. Everyone of them finally got it together in the 2nd half and that is what the team needs to do going forward. Each player taking personal accountability and playing up to their potential. If that happens with the way the defense and special teams are playing the Hawks can take this division.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I know I am a major Russ apologist but frankly it just seems like he is chained down by the play calling in the first half of games and in the second half he gets to "relax" or improvise more. At least that's how it seems to me.

I wonder what a game would look like if he was allowed to call his own plays for a full game?

Something tells me vaaaastly different and in a good way.

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":icsgc2uf said:
EverydayImRusselin":icsgc2uf said:

He is in the last year of his deal and no word on contract extension. He isn't feeling loved IMO. Add that to games of being out of the game plan and you lose guys like this pretty quick. I said this weeks ago, he is riding the gravy train out of town. It shows up again and again.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
I was at the game. The TD that Jimmy "dropped" was a poorly placed ball. What's the point of a 6'7 TE if you're throwing to his belt buckle? That's the only reason that pass was broken up.

On the other hand, the sideline route that Jimmy dropped was all on him. No one even in the area. He just got excited looking at all the green in front of him and dropped it. He atoned later by making a great contested catch over the middle and sprinting out to pick up another 10 to 15 YAC.

One thing I took away from the game is that Russell throws a really poor fade in the end zone, which is strange because he throws a great touch pass.

Seafan

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":20qdzots said:
One thing I took away from the game is that Russell throws a really poor fade in the end zone, which is strange because he throws a great touch pass.

Yes that is how you have a a $22 mil QB and $9 mil 6-7 TE and should be at least good in the redzone and somehow can't be average.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
CodeWarrior":138daml9 said:
I was at the game. The TD that Jimmy "dropped" was a poorly placed ball. What's the point of a 6'7 TE if you're throwing to his belt buckle? That's the only reason that pass was broken up.

Meh. Disagree. A totally catchable ball that should have been caught. EASY catch for him usually in fact. Sure it wasn't up higher but no excuse for dropping that ball in the end zone.

Heyseed

Reaction score
"...for every time you over throw an open receiver A KITTEN DIES SO KNOCK IT OFF!!!" :shock:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Aros":2p4t6t4t said:
CodeWarrior":2p4t6t4t said:

Meh. Disagree. A totally catchable ball that should have been caught. EASY catch for him usually in fact. Sure it wasn't up higher but no excuse for dropping that ball in the end zone.

Agree with Aros. It could have been thrown to a better spot, but Graham should be boxing the defender (what sport is this?) and catching that pass 10/10 times.

The first fade to Jimmy in the end zone was a bad throw, there's no question about that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2m5kluz4 said:

On the other hand, the sideline route that Jimmy dropped was all on him. No one even in the area. He just got excited looking at all the green in front of him and dropped it. He atoned later by making a great contested catch over the middle and sprinting out to pick up another 10 to 15 YAC.

Belt buckle shemelt puckle, it hit him in the stomach, was in his catch radius, so it was a catchable ball, the defender didn't get his hands on it to interfere with Graham's catch-ability, + when your Quarterback is under pressure, not every pass is going to be PERFECT.
BOTH those drops were on JG, now, he snapped out of his funk as the game wore on, so I'm convinced that early on, it was just mental errors on his part.
JG is a PRO, he'll get it back together.

Seymour

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":6h6xzydl said:

I don't care if you were defending Graham on the play, the ball hits both hands and his belt buckle and you want to blame Wilson who was under heavy pressure most of the day? Ridiculous that you would give the $10M receiver a pass on a ball that isn't thrown absolutely perfect.
Also, the pass wasn't "broken up". Go watch it again. It was a clear drop.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3q3rx83o said:
CodeWarrior":3q3rx83o said:

I don't care if you were defending Graham on the play, the ball hits both hands and his belt buckle and you want to blame Wilson who was under heavy pressure most of the day? Ridiculous that you would give the $10M receiver a pass on a ball that isn't thrown absolutely perfect.
Also, the pass wasn't "broken up". Go watch it again. It was a clear drop.

A76423de b774 11e7 af2b bac689d50d91 780x898