Prosise Needs To Go

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
First play of the game and he tweaks his ankle? Let's cut our losses now. Dude is made of balsa wood.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3f37p20x said:
First play of the game and he tweaks his ankle? Let's cut our losses now. Dude is made of balsa wood.

You may be right, and time will tell, but in this particular instance, I wonder if he pushed himself, or felt pressured to come back due to our lack of running attack? I doubt we'll never know the answer to that, but I really don't think he was ready to come back.

Reaction score
Todd, you should know by now that you can't believe every thing you read on the internet. ;)

As I posted in an earlier thread, wasn't 1st play - was 5th play - and about the 3rd he was in there for. He went to the ground while blocking someone but didn't stay down and was able to run off the field. I'm of the opinion they were intending to limit him anyways - or like Kidhawk stated they were pressuring him to come back and when he didn't feel quite right it wasn't worth keeping him in there.

Having said this, I do agree that it has grown frustrating to see how often he's on the injury report - when he has been healthy and active he's been a great contributor..

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'd like to see him stick. But it is frustrating. So much talent, yet so little production.

And some of his injuries were just bad luck. Something we've had our share of. George Fant, Chris Carson, Cliff Avril.

Ugh, I hate injuries.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":1eibubrr said:
Todd, you should know by now that you can't believe every thing you read on the internet. ;)

As I posted in an earlier thread, wasn't 1st play - was 5th play - and about the 3rd he was in there for. He went to the ground while blocking someone but didn't stay down and was able to run off the field. I'm of the opinion they were intending to limit him anyways - or like Kidhawk stated they were pressuring him to come back and when he didn't feel quite right it wasn't worth keeping him in there.

Having said this, I do agree that it has grown frustrating to see how often he's on the injury report - when he has been healthy and active he's been a great contributor..

That's the problem, how can a guy who hasn't played almost the entire year be "limited?"

For a team as desperate as we are for offensive production and a revolving door of RB's? I'm with Aros, I'd rather not waste a valuable roster spot on a guy who belongs in a bubble.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
At this point, just hold hime out until the playoffs and then use him as he's available. Mckissic seems to be doing fine in the CJ role IMO.

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":n4dqc5hp said:
Aros":n4dqc5hp said:

You may be right, and time will tell, but in this particular instance, I wonder if he pushed himself, or felt pressured to come back due to our lack of running attack? I doubt we'll never know the answer to that, but I really don't think he was ready to come back.

I don't think he is ready for the NFL. He's had like 5 different injuries in less than 2 years.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
With so much RB depth you want to get rid of a talented player who at worst is 4th string and is at best a star? No offense, but I'm glad some of you aren't making GM decisions

Seafan

Reaction score
A sports car with a bad wheel. Perhaps IR the guy and give his ankle the time it needs to really recover. I'd like to see Mike Davis activated.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
IR him for the year and give him ONE more chance next year. If he THEN gets hurt, buh-bye. Enough.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2r8n2ol7 said:
IR him for the year and give him ONE more chance next year. If he THEN gets hurt, buh-bye. Enough.

We still haven't even filled Avril's spot on the roster yet, so there's really no need to IR him at this point. I'd definitely give him more time to rest that ankle and get it back to 100%. We'll be ok with Rawls/McKisssic for awhile. Our strength is in our pass game anyway. We just need some reasonable rushing to keep defenses honest.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
The Prosise Experiment... I'm having a hard time holding out hope for this guy. He has so much talent, but I can't help feeling like he's just wasting a roster spot at this point. He's already (possibly) cost us Alex Collins, who isn't anything to write home about, but between AC, Rawls, Carson, McKissic and Mike Davis on the practice squad - I think we could have cut bait with Lacy and Prosise and avoided some heart burn. Hindsight is 20/20, though, and Prosise has shown he has game breaking talent when he's right. Quite the gamble and I don't know if I would have cut CJ at the start of the season either.

Our coaching staff has continued to be shi -- I mean questionable when it comes to choosing who starts on our line. We started the season with Glow starting at RG, only to be outplayed by Aboushi, and now Ethan "too valuable as a back-up Center, even if he's one of the best linemen on the team" Pocic has shown up and reportedly played a great game at LG. It appears we need to call up Hunt to be our uber-valuable back-up Center and consider playing Pocic at LG full-time or at least until Joeckel gets right and can compete for the spot again. It's not like playing him at G is going to render him useless as a C or back-up going forward - look at Britt.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Seafan":zf6x4r2z said:
A sports car with a bad wheel. Perhaps IR the guy and give his ankle the time it needs to really recover. I'd like to see Mike Davis activated.

Agree 100 with this post. I tried to post the player's name, but even that got injured.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scorpion05":uf9z3cmm said:
With so much RB depth you want to get rid of a talented player who at worst is 4th string and is at best a star? No offense, but I'm glad some of you aren't making GM decisions

Year #2, and "at best" has been ONE game in NE.

Other than that all Prosise has done is suck up cap space and a roster spot with soft tissue injuries. That's not worth it to me.

It's mid season, so it's too late to do anything now. But if Prosise can't get healthy and contribute, and I mean contribute IMMEDIATELY the rest of the season.

I cut his ass in the off season.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I have no idea why cutting guys on favorable rookie contracts is ever a thing. Geez. You can't find cheaper talent on the street. I'd keep him around until his rookie deal ends and then cut bait. At least if someone else is foolish enough to sign him to a decent contract, we get a comp pick out of it.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":31im9azj said:

First play, first contact play, first series who cares.

It was a direct quote from Pete's presser. :roll: :roll: :roll:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3l7bw2gw said:
I have no idea why cutting guys on favorable rookie contracts is ever a thing. Geez. You can't find cheaper talent on the street. I'd keep him around until his rookie deal ends and then cut bait. At least if someone else is foolish enough to sign him to a decent contract, we get a comp pick out of it.

Yes and no. A roster spot on a team with this much talent is actually pretty valuable, but cutting him probably isn't the right move either. An IR designation at the start of the season probably would have made the most sense, but it wasn't really possible to know that Prosise would still have sand in his you-know-what after Week 7.

At this point we haven't filled Avril's IR spot so there's really no need to make a decision with CJ, but I think this whole injured, not injured, tweaked an injury again charade is becoming tiresome and just a waste of a roster spot.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I would also like to see him go to IR and give Mike Davis a chance. IMO Rawls is not the answer and our run game could be our downfall in the long run. Davis has pro experience and has nver looked awful. Mckissic is a gimmick guy at best with his main threat being at WR. Lacy is too slow and Rawls is just a mess right now. Davis could bring in at least some balance.

Optimus25

Reaction score
kidhawk":hvr5j7nm said:
Aros":hvr5j7nm said:

my thoughts exactly. I think he's a diamond in the rough kind of guy who needs 1 more chance. After this ankle, I would have to believe he's on the team's last nerve, and he will have to finish the entire year healthy to be in the mix for even making the team in '18.

But at this point he's just too cheap to cut compared to what his value COULD be. Granted, like OP says, he seems too fragile and not worth the roster spot. But just imagine a world where in 3 weeks rawls goes down again (also not all that unlikely) and mckissick suffers a grade 2 hammy or something and misses a couple weeks...

You want to be left with Lacy and (non explosive washed up street veteran)?

I get the Branch feeling from this guy. Let him go and watch him Pro Bowl for New England or some BS.

Get him healthy and then this off season get him with Sally Fields or something on some damn Boniva.

A dynamic mix of JD and CJ would shred defenses!