Taking The Pulse of NET

How do you feel about the 4-2 Seahawks and their chances moving forward?

• Dude, you kidding me? 14-2 baby!!

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I feel pretty good. Overall they should start rolling. 12-4 - 13-3 is not out of the question.

Votes: 64 50.0%
  • Cautiously optimistic. They are decent but the OL/lack of running game scares me.

Votes: 43 33.6%
  • Probably make the playoffs but won't go deep.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Not buying in. Something is off with this team. Lucky to make a wildcard.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Other (read my comments below).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's always easy to post here after a win, especially on the road. We are 4-2 and absolutely in the thick of HFA. Given our schedule, our warts and strengths, how do you feel about the Seahawks moving forward?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I took the "I feel pretty good" option, because honestly, 12-4 isn't out of the question. We could easily be 6-2 in the first half with an offense that has yet to have a complete game. I'm still thinking my pre-season assessment of 11-5 is more realistic, but if the offense can stop shooting itself in the foot, this team could go from pretty good to upper echelon quite easily.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Defense looks angry like in the 2012-2014 years, offense can't do anything in first halves but comes out firing in the second half. I think if they can start putting points on the board in the first half and get the defense a lead, team definitely should be in the running for HFA come playoffs.

Especially with upcoming spree of home games.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
While I think 11-5 is still our likely final resting place, I'm pretty optimistic right now. We get 6 home games in our final 10. We get the toughest challenges (LA, PHI, ATL) at home. The OL is coming together. Rawls looked better. The D is absolutely fantastic even without Avril. That Richardson pickup was a game changer tbh. He and Reed are really shoring up the middle.
Really liking the play of Griffin, Coleman, Jackson in key depth roles.
And with Alexander and Thorpe back, our special teams are really playing well.

As long as the scotch tape holds on that OL of ours, the sky is the limit.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
With our remaining schedule and how well the D is playing, I'm firmly in the 13-3, 12-4 camp.

IF the offense can clean up all the dumb mistakes and constant shooting in the foot with penalties, then there's no reason the run game and Russell can start playing much more consistent.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
cautiously optimistic. We are fairly healthy right now but that could change in heartbeat. The lack of a run game is concerning as well as the continual slow starts.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Much like any team, if the breaks go our way I could see 13-3. I think 12-4 isn't far fetched right now. I've been fairly positive most of the season, so it's nice to see that rewarded.

NJlargent

Reaction score
After seeing this team live yesterday, I was impressed. The first half was painful, but we clearly have the talent. I am also optimistic because our schedule is favorable and can really see us making a big run (which I had not bought into at any point this season until now). Of course, if we lose next weekend I will be in meltdown again.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If we had a competent OC they could run the table, with the current OC I could see them bunging off 3 more games.
11-5, And I hope I’m low on the win total.

hawk45

Reaction score
Cautiously optimistic because going on a roll assumes a linear progression - or at least lack of regression - with the offensive line. If we can hover at a (very) modest 3 YPC and simply eliminate free-rushers when a blitz isn't coming as we did in NY, sky's the limit.

HawkerD

Reaction score
mistaowen":s36de77g said:
Defense looks angry like in the 2012-2014 years, offense can't do anything in first halves but comes out firing in the second half. I think if they can start putting points on the board in the first half and get the defense a lead, team definitely should be in the running for HFA come playoffs.

Especially with upcoming spree of home games.

Makes sense except our D seems to do better when they are behind and they have a sense of urgency. When we have a lead they sometimes get on their heels and give up big plays and/or have mental breakdowns.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I think the Hawks start rolling and we finish 13-3 or 12-4. The offensive line is getting to be more consistent and looks better every game. I feel like the play calling and personnel are starting to line-up, they just gotta stop shooting themselves in the foot with the timely drops/penalties and games will start looking way different midway through the second quarter.

The defense looks STOUT and I'm loving what I'm seeing from the line to the backfield. Richardson has made it so Reed is seeing less double teams and Frank Clark has continued his growth into a solid DE. Naz Jones has been a nice draft pick. It seems like the FA guys we added are nice depth/rotational pieces. I personally love what Griffin has been doing. Coleman has looked good in the nickel and I actually find myself forgetting about Shead regularly. Not sure how the CBs are going to look once him and Lane are back in the fold.

Really looking forward to see how the rest of the season plays out. I'm finding myself more patient than others when it comes to our offense actually scoring points, and I can't help but remain optimistic going forward. We've got the pieces, just need them to start gelling and executing.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am still in the 11-5 camp, my original prediction for the season. 12-4 or even 13-3 is not out of the question if our offense wakes up not just in the second half of games.

mikeak

Reaction score
It wasn't about the win / loss when we lost against GB - it was how bad we looked and how it was like last year

Rams first half and yesterday's game - again not about the win but about we are playing

We are coming up on playing great. I don't care about 3pts in the first half it could have been 17 with different gloves for Graham. All good - we are rolling and will be in the hunt for the best record. We all know Minnesota will start falling apart soon.......

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Very bullish. SR has been a great addition. He's had the intended effect on this defense. It's not been about the stats that Richardson produces himself. He's made every player on that front better.

This team is rounding into shape nicely. We've pretty much held serve to start the season. The schedule and our play is pointing to another strong finish. This team has been improving pretty steadily. I expect that we'll continue to sharpen our play and be hitting on all cylinders when November/December rolls around.

This defense is for real. And could really begin to separate themselves from the other defenses in the top 5 over the next 5 weeks. Houston could give us some trouble (Watson's mobility should remind us of Kaepernick). But it's at home and it's a tough place to play for a rookie QB.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Aros":3t231ept said:
It's always easy to post here after a win, especially on the road. We are 4-2 and absolutely in the thick of HFA. Given our schedule, our warts and strengths, how do you feel about the Seahawks moving forward?

I think 11-5.

IrishNW

Reaction score
this is a superbowl year

dont ask me how i know i just know

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Cautiously optimistic. I enjoyed 2012-2014 so much because I had lower expectations. Need to keep them low.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Fun win. Ugly at times, but fun.

Baldwin was great. Russ was good/almost great. (That missed TD to Jimmy hurt and should have been an easy-easy completion.) The D was solid.

That is enough to go into the playoffs. It's not enough to win it all.

But perhaps more improvement is on the way...

StoneCold

Reaction score
Cyrus12":318qv0s8 said:
cautiously optimistic. We are fairly healthy right now but that could change in heartbeat. The lack of a run game is concerning as well as the continual slow starts.

I'm in this camp. They look like they could, but if they don't get more consistent Offensive play 10-6 will be a stretch, if they start to click then yes, 12-4 is very likely. Fewer dropped passes, fewer overthrows, fewer scrambles that end in sacks and fewer drive killing penalties and we will be a scary team. And by saying that I don't mean that Russell should never scramble or throw deep or that no one can drop a pass or commit a penalty. Just reduce each of those a bit and we crush the Giants. And if we do that in the future we crush them all. We shoot ourselves in the foot far more often than the other team stops us.

EDIT:
This is who we have left. There are some tough games. I see 3 certain wins and a lot of questions.

HOUSTON - ?
REDSKINS - ?
CARDINALS W
FALCONS - ?
49ERS - W
EAGLES - ?
JAGUARS - ?
RAMS - ?
COWBOYS - ?
CARDINALS - W