Eagles @ Seahawks 12/3

Maulbert

Reaction score
Anyone else starting to think this is going to be for the NFC marbles? The Eagles don't face a serious challenge except Denver, who they draw at home, until the Hawks game. The Hawks toughest games are Washington and Atlanta (if they get off the schneid), who the Hawks also draw at home. I could easily see this SNF matchup being between 9-2 and 10-1 NFC heavyweights. Thoughts?

Erebus

Reaction score
Wentz looks pretty good. I'm hoping he has a few growing pains left in him, which hopefully show up during our game against them. I'm sure part of his development has been enabled by a good offensive line. We'll have to wait and see just how good their line is without Jason Peters.

I think their defense is good but overrated. We have to worry about Fletcher Cox, but their secondary seems pretty average to me.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
It may be a little early to look at that game in that particular light. If all things stayed the same then yes it would be for the marbles, but we all know things will not stay the same.

getnasty

Reaction score
Still not buying the eagles but there DL will defintly create some problems for us.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
getnasty":1o1pzciy said:
Still not buying the eagles but there DL will defintly create some problems for us.
:ditto:
Including last night's game against the Skins, I've seen the Eagles a few times this year. The DL continues to be the strength. Lbs and DBs not so much.

For not having a truly complete run game that offense is doing some remarkable things with Wentz at the helm. Dude completed some amazing "how did he do that" passes Monday night. His pocket awareness is highly impressive for a 2nd year QB. He's turning Ertz and Agholor into stars.

That said, things could change a bunch by the time we face them. Should be a meaningful game to look forward to.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I am starting to think this as well. I believe that if we play them at home we win. In their house we lose.

But I am still not convinced we do not lay an egg here or there tbh. This is why the early games do matter

mikeak

Reaction score
Why are people sleeping on Houston?

Bears had TWO drops in the end zone within the last minute to beat Atlanta followed by Detroit that was 2 inches away from beating them. Then we saw Patriots completely dominate Atlanta.

Redskins was just hammered by Eagles

Sure they will both be tough matchups, but Houston is going to be tough as nails and to me a huge game

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Way too early to think this way. We have all of November for bad things to happen to either team.

But if both teams keep rolling, it will be a heavy weight bout possibly elevated to SNF.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":o5yfq9q1 said:
getnasty":o5yfq9q1 said:
:ditto:
Including last night's game against the Skins, I've seen the Eagles a few times this year. The DL continues to be the strength. Lbs and DBs not so much.

If that's the case, we should be fine. We handled their DL amazingly well last year (as well as the Jets') largely because that DL had nobody playing behind it. That lets Wilson's targets get into space and gives him somewhere to throw the ball. It's complete defenses, with back sevens that can shut down our route trees, who really get Wilson sacked.

It's going to be strength-on-strength this time, Wentz and his kick-ass offense against our defense. Should be good. I give us the edge at home, but it won't be a laugher like last year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Eagles look legit, no doubt. Very versatile team in all 3 phases, and the QB is really good.
They lost Peters til at least playoffs, so that was a massive blow.

Shaz

Reaction score
Wentz is well on his way to being a Superstar, the Eagles overall have a damn good team, if both teams take care of business the rest of the way before this game it should be for the NFC #1 seed

Long way out though

ballard1951

Reaction score
We should always play more than one game at a time. We should definitely discuss how to win the SB also, its never to early.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
mikeak":3g4gtvsf said:

Bears had TWO drops in the end zone within the last minute to beat Atlanta followed by Detroit that was 2 inches away from beating them. Then we saw Patriots completely dominate Atlanta.

Sure they will both be tough matchups, but Houston is going to be tough as nails and to me a huge game

This board never fails to overlook opponents. It happened this season against Tennessee.

Houston will be a tough game. We are lucky that defense has some key injuries. Watson is a handful.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nobody is looking past Houston. Of course, none of us play for the team, so it has zero impact on the game.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
mikeak":1acfqa2y said:

Because the thread is about the Eagles v. Hawks and OP made a point to talk about whether the game against them would basically be for the #1 seed in the NFC. The Texans are an AFC team.

Do people on here not realize that we, as fans, can look forward to games that aren't our immediate opponents? Us looking forward to great matchups has no effect on what is going on this Sunday.

mikeak

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":25827kiq said:
mikeak":25827kiq said:

Because the thread is about the Eagles v. Hawks and OP made a point to talk about whether the game against them would basically be for the #1 seed in the NFC. The Texans are an AFC team.

Do people on here not realize that we, as fans, can look forward to games that aren't our immediate opponents? Us looking forward to great matchups has no effect on what is going on this Sunday.

Yes it is about if that game will be for the #1 seed but the OP also stated " The Hawks toughest games are Washington and Atlanta"

The toughest game to me are Houston, Jacksonville and Eagles. Not Redskins or Atlanta (I am going to Atlanta game since I thought it would be the best game but looks like I was wrong...)

So will it be for the No 1 seed? That depends on how we get through those two first games and if the Eagles drops another one

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1gcithbf said:
The toughest game to me are Houston, Jacksonville and Eagles. Not Redskins or Atlanta (I am going to Atlanta game since I thought it would be the best game but looks like I was wrong...)

So will it be for the No 1 seed? That depends on how we get through those two first games and if the Eagles drops another one

100% agreed here. I really think if we only lose one game the rest of the year (yes that's a big if) it'll be Jacksonville. That's a 10 am start the week after a prime time game against a very tough opponent. It's exactly the type of game that is set up for us to lose.

Is Philadelphia our biggest competitor for the #1 seed? Obviously today that answer is yes, because they have the best record in the NFC and we do have to play them, but things can change between now and then, and even with that, we will still have the Rams to contend with. You can't be the #1 or #2 seed unless you win your division, so IMO, the Rams are the opponent we need to be most concerned about (as fans anyway...obviously the team is concerned with the Texans right now).

I believe if we can surpass the Rams to win the division, we'll be in the hunt for a 1st round bye.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
mikeak":2wsjgz19 said:
JGfromtheNW":2wsjgz19 said:
mikeak":2wsjgz19 said:

Yes it is about if that game will be for the #1 seed but the OP also stated " The Hawks toughest games are Washington and Atlanta"

Thanks for the respectful response, apparently I'm doing some selective reading this morning while my coffee kicks in. Didn't mean to come off as a dick, but it came out that way.

I do agree with you, mikeak, that OP has the wrong "toughest games" pinned except for the game v. the Iggles. This weekend against the Texans will be a good test and the Jaguars defense is looking legit plus it's a 10AM game in a hot/humid climate. I still think Bortles is an AWFUL QB and RW takes care of the ball well enough that I don't think we give the game away to them. We'll stack the box, focus on shutting down their rookie RB and make Bortles beat us which is very unlikely to happen IMO.

I think we roll over the Skins, I don't think they have the talent and they're getting beat up already, but the Falcons game will scare me until the game is over. They still have all the pieces on the offensive side of the ball and they could turn it around at any point. I'll be even more worried if they fire Sark between now and then.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
That Eagles tiebreaker will be enormous.

...so I anticipate it's the one game that Pete won't look past.