Jeremy Lane Benched??

CPHawk

Reaction score
HawaiiD":3rrovx4r said:
Wow just read that[emoji50]

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... to-say-so/

Lane Tweeted Tuesday afternoon that “How I get bench on a day off !!” and followed that up with “(expletive deleted) ridiculous.”

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Lane has been good in 2+ years, that's how he got benched. I feel a lot better having Griffin and Coleman in there over him

mistaowen

Reaction score
I'm fine with this. Shaq has looked good, all reports say he is soaking up as much as he can from Pete and Sherm. Coleman has been very serviceable in the slot.

cymatica

Reaction score
Throwing a temper tantrum on twitter should give the coaches second thoughts.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
The last time Lane was any good was in the Super Bowl that the Hawks gifted the hated Patriots. I still wish he had just gone down after making that interception. Losing him and Avril were what allowed the hated Patriots to get back into the game. Tharold Simon...................just............no.

Not crazy about the tweets, either. That is definitely NOT a "team first" mentality.

Which is too bad. I always kind of liked him and was happy when the Hawks re-upped him. But time, and the game, have moved on.

2_0_6

Reaction score
He needs to realize how good of a spot he is in not only with his career but in life overall, and should quit being a baby. I would gladly take his salary to be a part time player.

His choice of Tweets that he liked last night was a bit odd.

BOCzPwU

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I need a little more information, does Lane mean he lost his starting job? Or is he going to be inactive this week? "Benched" can be interpreted a few ways.

Either way, and unlucky or not, this was his doing. You can't just keep getting hurt going from healthy to not playing over and over and over..............and not expect someone to take your job. Especially when you're making 2M a year, you're expendable if not healthy or playing well.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Welp here comes the fans with their cane.

He used social media as do 98% of people on here and athletes as well. I don't use social media except twitter on hawks and mariners mainly. He is obviously emotional and says things. I just don't get fans who turn so quickly on their team, especially when he didn't do a lot wrong.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Jeremy "Stay in Yo" Lane.

Count me in for trade him before the deadline. There has to be some team out there willing to take on the reasonable salary of a serviceable DB.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Answer back to Lane's moronic tweet:

Ever heard of Wally Pipp?

Bottom line is if you're not out there earning your spot every day then you're losing ground to those behind you. Lane should know that. Hopefully next is Prosise...

2_0_6

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3dj5pu56 said:

He used social media as do 98% of people on here and athletes as well. I don't use social media except twitter on hawks and mariners mainly. He is obviously emotional and says things. I just don't get fans who turn so quickly on their team, especially when he didn't do a lot wrong.

Well if someone goes on social media outlets and starts talking bad about their role at their job knowing that customers, coworkers and bosses see it, then you probably can expect some heat your way of some kind. Its really not that difficult to just be quiet and enjoy where you are in life and what you have been given.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":13kokbsv said:

Because that's the beauty of social media, it's a social barometer for common sense.

If someone says something that is;

- selfish
- dumb
- untruthful
- dishonest
- knee jerk

Then there's this BIG majority of people to tell you that what you just said probably wasn't a good thing to say, or wrong, or dishonest, or any of the other things I listed above.

Besides, it's a two way street. Lane, or any famous person on social media should know by now that ANYTHING they put out there for public consumption might be met with negativity. It's not our job as fans to just blindly accept or be OK with anything our team or players puts out there. That's not a good fan, that's a homer.

Seymour

Reaction score
Lane is quickly becoming old hat on this team. You want to make business decisions on tackles now? Then take to social media to air your gripes with your team.....then hit the road Jack.

51uC6LkmucL SX258 BO1204203200

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I don't hold any ill will to Lane.

He was a productive player. And has been said, he was a key player that should have resulted in a second SB title but for gruesome bad luck. But his contract is also one of just three that provide Seattle cap flexibility. And it's no fault of his own that Griffin is basically going to be our next #1 corner to replace Sherman. Really it's more of a case where he was a useful and versatile hedge for us while Griffin developed. But Griff is just way ahead of schedule.

He's now expendable. And that probably has to sting a bit. So I can forgive a bit of vinegar in his attitude. He was always a quality player who was willing to fill any role and do the dirty work.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Too had he's not even HALF as good as he thinks is. And you don't have to always talk in slang and/or corny crap grammar.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm sure he's likely being offerred up in trade talks as the trade deadline approaches.

I can't say I hold any ill will towards him but if the team can unload his salary, it's all good.

I supect he's as good as gone.