Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Texans @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I feel a lot better going into this game then I would have a month ago. Houston has lost two of their best defensive players for the year and as much as I like the rookie QB Watson and think he's going to be their long-awaited franchise QB, Century Link is a wake up call for any rookie QB no matter how talented. They have been averaging 29.5 points per game for 3rd most prolific offense in the league. That average should dip this Sunday. The Seahawks are starting to get into that scary mid-to-late season groove. Defense is elite once again and the offense is starting to find the end zone.

Should be a fun, competitive game but this is the time of year the Seahawks start rolling.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Texans 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 5-1

2_0_6

Reaction score
The key to this game will be to hit Watson hard and often. I am also feeling more confident about this game than I was a few weeks ago but I think it will still be a close one.

16-10 Hawks

RTD No idea

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Houston fans have a lot to be excited about. Unfortunately a trip the Clink outside of September shouldn't be one of them.

Hawks aren't gonna see much out of that Texans offense that they haven't already seen in 9ers/Kaep, Skins/RG3, Bills/Taylor, Panthers/Scam Newton and every other team with a mobile QB. Our straight forward scheme, discipline and team speed make this a good matchup for us IMO.

Just gotta keep Russ upright and we win this game.

Seahawks win 27-16.

RTD 1-0

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Dear in the headlights.

34-10 Hawks

4-2 ytd

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
89% of Houston's points have come against bottom-12 defenses.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/919223757742383105[/tweet]

Will be intriguing to see to what degree Sherman shuts this down. Will Fuller is also having a nice rookie season, so there's somewhere else Watson can go. Shaq will get burned by that a few times. After that, though, their offensive skill chart drops off the face of the planet. Watson will need to make hay with his other targets or face getting pummeled. He might. I'm not sleeping on him. But we've already shut down an even more productive offense than this.

On defense, we have yet to see how they adapt without Watt, Mercilus, AND LB Dylan Cole (who was also having a solid rookie push). They held the Browns to 17 points without those guys, but that doesn't mean anything. Should Pete be willing to let Wilson rip in the first half, he should be able to find targets quickly and neutralize whatever pass rush they have left. Or Pete might go "Oh, hey, Wilson won't be under pressure, SEVEN STEP DROPS UNTIL I'M TIRED!!!" Who knows.

I dunno. I get the sense that Houston is a pretender (or injury casualty) waiting to be exposed. I'll make my prediction a little closer than I really want to, due to Pete's usual self-destructive tendencies.

HOU 14
SEA 23

RTD: 3-3

mistaowen

Reaction score
Reading some of their posts, a lot of Texan's fans think they're gonna walk into Seattle and blow us out.

Watson has been playing well but he's made some boneheaded decisions. Those you can't make against the Seahawks defense especially in Seattle. Will be interesting to see if they try to limit what he does and play field position or if they give Watson some freedom. Hopkins is a tremendous WR, I'm wondering if Sherm will follow him at all. Defense is good but their DL is definitely worse off than at the start of the year with these injuries.

I think offense will be hit or miss and defense will continue to dominate. Would be awesome to see the running game get going but I'm not sure this is the defense it'll work again.

24-10 Seahawks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Should be a hard hitting game. Looking forward to seeing Watson play. And they have a couple really good WR's and still have Clowney, so that'll be a challenge. As usual, I see an ugly half, w/the Hawks pulling away in the 4th quarter.

Hawks 23-13

RCATES

Reaction score
Seahawks at Home with a energized crowd after 3 wins in a row. I'll take that every time. The offense is finally clicking with the Offensive line starting to play much better. The once dominant Texans defense is without 3 of there best 5 players. Rookie Texans QB going against the best Defense in the league on the road in a loud hostile environment with a Offensive line that's been one of the league's worst this year in pass protection. I can't see them scoring more then 14-17 points. Hawks win 24-14.

Record to date: 4-0

Steve2222

Reaction score
See a lot of what happened in the Giants game happening here. Close, low scoring, maybe even down at half time but the Texans inability to sustain drives will catch up to them in the second half and the Seahawks will pull away by two TDs and milk the clock.

Seahawks 27
Texans 13

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Probably be a close game. C link might be too much for watson. Lots of defence in this one 16-13 hawks.

Ytd 5-1

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The defense will wear them down and cause a couple turnovers.

Hawks 22
Texans 16

AgentDib

Reaction score
I hope the fans feel nervous enough about this one to show up loud on Sunday.

Hawks 27 - Texans 17

Hawks OL isn't completely awful vs. their depleted front seven and Watson has a rookie performance against a loud crowd and a top defense.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":20hfimx3 said:

Will be intriguing to see to what degree Sherman shuts this down. Will Fuller is also having a nice rookie season, so there's somewhere else Watson can go. Shaq will get burned by that a few times. After that, though, their offensive skill chart drops off the face of the planet. Watson will need to make hay with his other targets or face getting pummeled. He might. I'm not sleeping on him. But we've already shut down an even more productive offense than this.

On defense, we have yet to see how they adapt without Watt, Mercilus, AND LB Dylan Cole (who was also having a solid rookie push). They held the Browns to 17 points without those guys, but that doesn't mean anything. Should Pete be willing to let Wilson rip in the first half, he should be able to find targets quickly and neutralize whatever pass rush they have left. Or Pete might go "Oh, hey, Wilson won't be under pressure, SEVEN STEP DROPS UNTIL I'M TIRED!!!" Who knows.

I dunno. I get the sense that Houston is a pretender (or injury casualty) waiting to be exposed. I'll make my prediction a little closer than I really want to, due to Pete's usual self-destructive tendencies.

HOU 14
SEA 23

Fuller is in his second season. He has been injured this year which explains Hopkin's high target %. Fuller usually lines up on Sherm's side of the field. Will Sherm shadow Hopkins instead? They also have a decent ground game with Lamar Miller toting the rock. I believe our D will shut them down if our O can keep the TOP even or in our favor. I think Jimmy gets going early in this one and makes those catches that he should make. It won't be easy, but I see a "W" here.

'Hawks 27
Texans 10

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hawks will need to take Houston seriously. I would not be surprised to see Houston leading this game at some point.
However, I believe that the Hawks will come back and "seal the deal".

Hawks 20
Texans 13

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawks 23-20. Watson 2tds but costly pick and fumble. Russ has 2tds and 0 picks. Blair 3 fg's and last one with 130 left. The defense holds the fort down.

YTD 1-0

Josea16

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":emea0ct4 said:
Hawks will need to take Houston seriously. I would not be surprised to see Houston leading this game at some point.
However, I believe that the Hawks will come back and "seal the deal".

Hawks 20
Texans 13
Of course Houston will have a lead and possibly right into the 4th quarter if Beasley is lying about our newest signing (I'd say very unlikely) otherwise it will be the usual game. Seahawks being the cat and Houston being the mouse.

More likely the Seahawks Keapernick this guy given they are pretty similar. Except he will be smart enough not to have a girlfriend that ends his career in the NFL and forced into managing some Nevada pizza joint.

.Net guys here's the secret about the Seahawks...juat ignore the game entirely for 3 quarters currently. It will be down to 1 quarter in a week or two. Freeny is really that good with young guys. He might not do shit but I guarantee Clark and our young 2nd line DL guys will. And are young DT's will probably pick something up also.

Seahawks 31
Houston 13

RTD: 4-2

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2buxgj36 said:

HOU 14
SEA 23

Bryan Cushing is gone too...I say 31 - 17 Hawks

Latest posts