Seahawks O line top 10 per this article.

sutz

Reaction score
The article is quoting PFF as listing Seahawks in top 10. Take that as you will.

;)

sdog1981

Reaction score
People who cite PFF as a reason that the line sucks also need to cite PFF when they say the line is elite. I just know that 4/5th of the line last week was on the team last year and two of them COULD be in their second year as NFL O-Tackles. A broken clock is right twice a day.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Top 10 performance maybe for the week against an awful Giants team. Top 10 for the season? Not even close.

A team 24th in rushing w/ a 3.9 yards per carry that gives up the most pressure and hits on a qb is not top 10-

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Like what I see from pass protection but I'm not crowning them until the run blocking is more consistent. Also not going to knock them either because there has definitely been improvement each week.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the metric for a successful O-line passing block is 2.5 seconds. Wilson regularly holds the ball longer than that simply because he's Russell Wilson and he can. Often to spectacular effect.

However, it does expose him to more pressures and hits than a QB like Brady who gets rid of the ball on time.

The thing of it is, the thing the OL needs to improve is time playing together. Not a revolving door of every aging vet, not constant long-shots at new players, but just time to gel as a unit. I see people constantly harping on the OL as if players remain static. They don't. They improve and they are impacted by the guys around them.

Even Walter Jones was less effective when Hutchinson left. The best of the best are not immune from the concept of synergy. Jones and Hutch played like they shared a brain - each knew exactly how the other was going to react at all times. Each was awesome in his own right, but together they were next-level good.

Check back in a few games and you'll see the OL is doing better, Wilson has a better feel for how much or little time he has, and the running game is looking better, simply because they have had more consistency.

Or they'll all be injured and our season will be over.

But one of those two things.

Josea16

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":18ltcsg7 said:
Keep in mind that the metric for a successful O-line passing block is 2.5 seconds. Wilson regularly holds the ball longer than that simply because he's Russell Wilson and he can. Often to spectacular effect.

However, it does expose him to more pressures and hits than a QB like Brady who gets rid of the ball on time.

The thing of it is, the thing the OL needs to improve is time playing together. Not a revolving door of e 6very aging vet, not constant long-shots at new players, but just time to gel as a unit. I see people constantly harping on the OL as if players remain static. They don't. They improve and they are impacted by the guys around them.

Even Walter Jones was less effective when Hutchinson left. The best of the best are not immune from the concept of synergy. Jones and Hutch played like they shared a brain - each knew exactly how the other was going to react at all times. Each was awesome in his own right, but together they were next-level good.

Check back in a few games and you'll see the OL is doing better, Wilson has a better feel for how much or little time he has, and the running game is looking better, simply because they have had more consistency.

Sanity on .Net? Get out. Now!

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Seahawks will not face an elite defensive line again until November 20th. So we will see what they can get done between now and then.

Josea16

Reaction score
sdog1981":bb32y5qc said:
The Seahawks will not face an elite defensive line again until November 20th. So we will see what they can get done between now and then.
I said this schedule is set up for a big run already. 12-4 is the floor but we may need 13-3 or the full monte at 14-2 because the Rams have a good chance of 12-4 because of their schedule and the fact they are actually good this year. Next year and going forward they are serious trouble and the rivalry will be on in full force like before.

Personally I love having a good division rival because it forces us to at least be playoff level as the floor.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
No offensive line scapegoat? No Kearse? Golly gee willikers, who or what inanimate object will you blame?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2vqhntoy said:

The thing of it is, the thing the OL needs to improve is time playing together. Not a revolving door of every aging vet, not constant long-shots at new players, but just time to gel as a unit. I see people constantly harping on the OL as if players remain static. They don't. They improve and they are impacted by the guys around them.

I know this is the popular opinion, but the actual numbers show Russell doesn't hold the ball that long in comparison to some of the elite Qbs in the league. Including Brady. The numbers have been highlighted in other threads

Granted, I'm not suggesting Wilson doesn't hold the ball at times, but it's not at anamoly. Whereas other Qbs hold the ball to go to their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th read..Wilson holds it to extend the play. It typically averages out to the same thing, so Russell gets rid of the ball more quickly than people thinks he does

olyfan63

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":j6chb2tw said:
Like what I see from pass protection but I'm not crowning them until the run blocking is more consistent. <snip>

You said Crown???!!! You want to crown our O-Line??!! Crown???!!! I SAY CROWN THEIR ASSES, NOW!!
It turns out that Dennis agrees, Top-Ten line, while Jim M. doubts their ability to keep Russell upright, and suggests lowering our standards for evaluating our O-Line performance. Both expressed their opinions in passionate video interviews, below.

DENNIS G ON 2017 SEAHAWK O-LINE:
Here's what Dennis has to say about our O-Line:

[youtube]nAN9ORwsiVA[/youtube]

JIM M. INTERVIEW ON 2017 SEATTLE O-LINE
I called NFL Expert Jim M. to get his opinion on our O-Line, and in the very brief and heated interview, he stated, incredulously, and emphatically, that our O-Line is not Top Ten. Sorry for the poor audio quality on that one guys--a couple words are hard to hear over the background noise, so I've included a transcript of the interview below.

(Jim M. Interview TRANSCRIPT)
"UPRIGHT? DON'T TALK ABOUT UPRIGHT!! YOU KIDDING ME, STAY UPRIGHT??!! With this O-Line, I just hope Russell can survive the play, survive another pass play."

NFL Expert, Jim M. interview on our O-Line here:
https://youtu.be/8N3-x8XjftQ?t=94

I could not get on Brock H's schedule in time to post an interview, but Brock has graciously agreed to post a video of his thoughts in an upcoming chalk talk. In the meantime, he referred me to this photo:
[imghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKlnRJIW4AEd11I.jpg][/img]

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
olyfan63":2fjjpwk3 said:
seahawkfreak":2fjjpwk3 said:
Like what I see from pass protection but I'm not crowning them until the run blocking is more consistent. <snip>

You said Crown???!!! You want to crown our O-Line??!! Crown???!!! I SAY CROWN THEIR ASSES, NOW!!
It turns out that Dennis agrees, Top-Ten line, while Jim M. doubts their ability to keep Russell upright, and suggests lowering our standards for evaluating our O-Line performance. Both expressed their opinions in passionate video interviews, below.

DENNIS G ON 2017 SEAHAWK O-LINE:
Here's what Dennis has to say about our O-Line:

[youtube]nAN9ORwsiVA[/youtube]

JIM M. INTERVIEW ON 2017 SEATTLE O-LINE
I called NFL Expert Jim M. to get his opinion on our O-Line, and in the very brief and heated interview, he stated, incredulously, and emphatically, that our O-Line is not Top Ten. Sorry for the poor audio quality on that one guys--a couple words are hard to hear over the background noise, so I've included a transcript of the interview below.

(Jim M. Interview TRANSCRIPT)
"UPRIGHT? DON'T TALK ABOUT UPRIGHT!! YOU KIDDING ME, STAY UPRIGHT??!! With this O-Line, I just hope Russell can survive the play, survive another pass play."

NFL Expert, Jim M. interview on our O-Line here:
https://youtu.be/8N3-x8XjftQ?t=94

I could not get on Brock H's schedule in time to post an interview, but Brock has graciously agreed to post a video of his thoughts in an upcoming chalk talk. In the meantime, he referred me to this photo:
[imghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKlnRJIW4AEd11I.jpg][/img]

Funny you went off on that specific word,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It was put there on purpose.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2sbp47jj said:
KiwiHawk":2sbp47jj said:

I know this is the popular opinion, but the actual numbers show Russell doesn't hold the ball that long in comparison to some of the elite Qbs in the league. Including Brady. The numbers have been highlighted in other threads

Granted, I'm not suggesting Wilson doesn't hold the ball at times, but it's not at anamoly. Whereas other Qbs hold the ball to go to their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th read..Wilson holds it to extend the play. It typically averages out to the same thing, so Russell gets rid of the ball more quickly than people thinks he does

Depends on which half you're talking about.

Last week, his lone sack came from holding onto the ball on 3rd and 10 because he wanted Baldwin and was staring him down. He had McKissic wide open on the right for at least a 6 or 7 yard gain but never looked there.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scorpion05":26iesu1c said:
KiwiHawk":26iesu1c said:

He has the fourth longest time to throw in the NFL so far this year. Only Watson, Kizer, and Taylor are holding the ball longner than him.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1c88ti6b said:
Scorpion05":1c88ti6b said:
KiwiHawk":1c88ti6b said:

He has the fourth longest time to throw in the NFL so far this year. Only Watson, Kizer, and Taylor are holding the ball longner than him.

Time to throw is a near worthless stat due to the wide range of variables that go into that number. However, if one must insist on using it, average is by far the worst metric data point to utilize. It needs to be viewed as a mean or under a normalization curve to get any small bit of usefulness out if it. One doesn't need to be a math wiz to understand it either, you just have to look at the list of QBs ordered by time to throw to see just how truly useless it is.

Crizilla

Reaction score
sdog1981":27qsi246 said:
People who cite PFF as a reason that the line sucks also need to cite PFF when they say the line is elite. I just know that 4/5th of the line last week was on the team last year and two of them COULD be in their second year as NFL O-Tackles. A broken clock is right twice a day.

If it currently has our o line as top 10 that's impressive. Even when we won the Superbowl it was still ranked 26th or something like that