Talking heads

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Skip said if Russ wasn't QB, hawks would be bottom of league.

Ryan Clark saying "Russ masks all of Seattle's issues." "Winner."

Seahawks d is a little worse then used to be but Watson balled out.

If Seattle had a pocket QB(dude with Ryan Clark) they wouldn't last.

Add more.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
That Bill O'Brien let us off the hook with conservative play calling, which is BS

Pete Carroll had 3 timeouts. Even if Deshaun Watson does read option and takes off on 3rd down, our defense (if you look at our setup that play) was prepared for that possibility. You can see it in slow motion, we had 8 in the box prepared for a short run or pass play

Not to mention, even if that's converted, we likely get the ball back with a minute left once Pete uses the 3 timeouts

As for the comment about Russell, I totally agree in the sense that, even with a great defense we would be the Denver Broncos right now. Look at where they are with Trevor Siemian. You need a great QB, and our many comeback drives, magical plays, etc. should prove this. Yes we've had Beast Mode and the Legion, but we have an amazing QB and it's far past time for 98% of Hawks fans to get on board and acknowledge it. The same way other fans do for their elite Qbs

Having the success Russ has had with our O-line and running game struggles is the kind of thing only Aaron Rodgers can pull off

pmedic920

Reaction score
Skip is, and always has been a Twat Waffle.

Him and the likes of him only attempt to generate controversy, controversies equate to clicks.

Ignore the noise.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1dktghow said:
That Bill O'Brien let us off the hook with conservative play calling, which is BS

I wouldn't say he "let us off the hook" per se. But all I'll say is I was fist pumping that they chose to run it 3 times up the middle instead of giving their white hot young QB the chance to win it right then and there. Terrible coaching imo.

enamel

Reaction score
"Seahawks have the most overrated defense in the NFL" KC Joyner

sdog1981

Reaction score
enamel":3szm1rl5 said:
"Seahawks have the most overrated defense in the NFL" KC Joyner

To the casual fan, that statement would be correct. Like when everyone thought the Steelers had a really good defense a few years ago beacuse they are the Steelers.

Smellyman

Reaction score
pmedic920":14hqufq0 said:

Him and the likes of him only attempt to generate controversy, controversies equate to clicks.

Ignore the noise.

Mind boggling people watch him, let alone quote him

mikeak

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2bs693sp said:
Scorpion05":2bs693sp said:

I wouldn't say he "let us off the hook" per se. But all I'll say is I was fist pumping that they chose to run it 3 times up the middle instead of giving their white hot young QB the chance to win it right then and there. Terrible coaching imo.

Go back and look at that second run in that series.

We had the corners and passes contained and a HUGE HOLE up the middle. It was the correct playcall by Houston

Bennett makes the tackle laying on the ground and he barely gets the shoe of Lamar

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Smellyman":3qcesqyo said:
pmedic920":3qcesqyo said:

Ignore the noise.

Its entertainment.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":n5degoj5 said:

Ignore the noise.

I love that phrase! And very accurate also. :2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
lacenterhawk":1xjkwxs1 said:
pmedic920":1xjkwxs1 said:

Ignore the noise.

Calling Mister Aros! Todd, you have a question to ask about that phrase, do you not? :lol:

RussB

Reaction score
Wilsons a rare talent at franchise QB. Not many teams get to have a true franchise QB that can mask flaws. Theres only a few guys in the league like that.

Wilson
Rodgers
Brady

Wilson is in that class of QB

calinator

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2nhbhpjs said:

Pete Carroll had 3 timeouts. Even if Deshaun Watson does read option and takes off on 3rd down, our defense (if you look at our setup that play) was prepared for that possibility. You can see it in slow motion, we had 8 in the box prepared for a short run or pass play

Not to mention, even if that's converted, we likely get the ball back with a minute left once Pete uses the 3 timeouts

As for the comment about Russell, I totally agree in the sense that, even with a great defense we would be the Denver Broncos right now. Look at where they are with Trevor Siemian. You need a great QB, and our many comeback drives, magical plays, etc. should prove this. Yes we've had Beast Mode and the Legion, but we have an amazing QB and it's far past time for 98% of Hawks fans to get on board and acknowledge it. The same way other fans do for their elite Qbs

Having the success Russ has had with our O-line and running game struggles is the kind of thing only Aaron Rodgers can pull off

The last timeout was used on the after 3rd down. If they convert it's over.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":174jlqed said:
Smellyman":174jlqed said:
pmedic920":174jlqed said:

Ignore the noise.

Its entertainment.

Bout like Pro Wrestling is entertainment.

Millions watch it but that don’t make it legit.

Smellyman

Reaction score
pmedic920":26tnlglt said:
Shanegotyou11":26tnlglt said:
Smellyman":26tnlglt said:
pmedic920":26tnlglt said:

Ignore the noise.

Its entertainment.

Bout like Pro Wrestling is entertainment.

Millions watch it but that don’t make it legit.

And the Kardashians.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Scorpion05":z7ktodd9 said:

You seem to have things a bit mixed up. If Watson gets a 1st down via read option on that third down, we'd only have 1 time out left. Game would be over.

And O'Brien DID bail us out. We hadn't stopped Watson all game. A run/pass or read option would've gotten them 4 yards. We hadn't stopped that all day.

pmedic920

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ryhg43rw said:
lacenterhawk":ryhg43rw said:
pmedic920":ryhg43rw said:

Ignore the noise.

Calling Mister Aros! Todd, you have a question to ask about that phrase, do you not? :lol:

Actually I think you mean Mark (Rockhawk)

Funny stuff though, I’d kinda forgotten:{)

Anthony!

Reaction score
So a few things:

1 even if they let Watson do whatever there is no guarantee he gets it either, so this is a big what if, Also he did have 3 ints.
2 they were avg 4.2 ypa running the ball. You can argue with 3 attempts they should get a 1st down, so I can understand why.
3. if they let Watson do his thing and don't get it or there is another Int then everyone would say they should have run.
4 if they do pass it and its incomplete they stop the clock and save our timeouts so you have that too.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
So what if the Texans didn't get the first down. It is totally acceptable to expect your defense to prevent an offense (with I think 0 timeouts) from driving 80 yards in under 2 minutes and scoring a touchdown. Running the ball on third down still gave them a good chance at a first down to seal the game and at the very least it made Seattle burn a timeout. O'Brien's calls were totally legitimate.