Lane Failed Physical, More Draft Picks for Duane Brown now!

RCATES

Reaction score
I'm ok with it tbh. If you would have asked me yesterday if I would trade our 3rd round pick next year and receive Houston's 5th as well as our 2nd in 2019 for Brown I would have taken it. Elite LT's aren't growing on tree's anymore. Teams aren't trading them at all these days. Only thing that made this happen was the beef between Brown and Texan's owner.

sutz

Reaction score
BullHawk33":1ojafp1y said:
How long do the Seahawks have to get under the cap?
They can't close the deal if they are not under the cap. With the deadline past, I'm not sure how long we have to sign this deal. We also have to fit Brown on the roster. Not sure who they cut/move.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3kh0uh8j said:
He is like a bad penny. Wonder what the added pick(s) are?

From a 5th to a 3rd. 2nd in 2019 stays the same.

They will need to dig up more $$ to keep Lane as Houston would have paid the remainder of this season. I wonder where that $$ would come from?

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":3rgkp8v3 said:
BullHawk33":3rgkp8v3 said:
How long do the Seahawks have to get under the cap?
They can't close the deal if they are not under the cap. With the deadline past, I'm not sure how long we have to sign this deal. We also have to fit Brown on the roster. Not sure who they cut/move.

Looking at Spotrac and it shows us at around $4 million in cap space adding Brown and figuring Wilson's restructure. That's enough to fit lane's money. No matter who we cut their base salary is guaranteed if they were on the roster week 1 and that's most of them. We are basically going to have to eat someone's contract. For chemistry it might have to be Lane, but I don't know what his attitude is after this trade. Someone will also have to go when Shead comes back.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Since we also get their 5th next year, we basically fall 50 spots in the draft, surrender a '19 second and of course get a time-tested Pro Bowl LT. Still a sweet deal.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Wilson is funding this right? He’ll make it happen. How did Lane pass our physical but fail theirs?

massari

Reaction score
That hurts. Can Lane do anything right these days? :p

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
:pukeface: Lane is one of the least Seahawky players we have. He has a really weird vibe about him. Was glad when he was gone for that reason, in addition to his garbage play. This is bad for everyone involved. What a bum.

massari

Reaction score
Seanhawk":t81y1tmm said:
massari":t81y1tmm said:
Coug_Hawk08":t81y1tmm said:
This is bad for everyone involved.
Except the Texans.

And the Seahawks who still a get a Pro Bowl caliber LT.
This is true, but we're talking about giving up a 3rd instead of Lane+5th

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
massari":2o3ac429 said:
Seanhawk":2o3ac429 said:
massari":2o3ac429 said:
Coug_Hawk08":2o3ac429 said:
This is bad for everyone involved.
Except the Texans.

And the Seahawks who still a get a Pro Bowl caliber LT.
This is true.

I meant the Lane side of it.

And yes, I think in the end the Texans will be much happier with a 3rd vs a 5th and Lane. So maybe not bad for everyone, haha, just the Hawks and Lane.