Power Rankings

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay this is where I am clearly setting myself up for "Most Butthurt 12" of the week but here we go...

So we all know how incredibly vital Power Rankings are. Without them we could never truly know how good our teams really are. <smirk>

Okay, levity aside, I admit, I look forward to these meaningless rankings. I will admit I like the idea of total strangers validating how I feel about my team. Sigh. So I am a work in progress. Seriously though, I do enjoy Elliot's Power Rankings on NFL.com. I think he is a relatively level headed dude overall. Seems to know his stuff.

So this week he has us at #6. Hmm. Not as a 12 but as a football fan I would probably put them at 4 at least. MJD, not a fan of that dude. And not just because he said the Rams were clearly the better team (say wha?) but he comes off as a blow hard and I have felt that way for weeks.

A poll was taken in the show. Who's the better team? Patriots or Seahawks? Pats won the vote with 50 whatever to 40 whatever. Meh. I can't get too butt hurt about losing a stupid fan poll over the Patriots. Until we unseat them as THE class team in the NFL, I can deal.

In case it isn't obvious, PLEASE do not post if you take any of this too seriously. I KNOW power rankings are not legitimate stats or barometers for how good or bad your team really is. It's just fun, and in that spirit...

We should be ranked higher than 6!!!

Halloween 16

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I'm OK with this ranking due to the past flaws in the run-game. A complete team could be higher up. But to have the Rams, whom we beat, at #2 above us? But then again, that's part of the rocks-paper-scissors parity of this league.

Now that we may start seeing more stability on the O-line, and when Luke J. returns with his experience, we may see better running, and thus higher ranking.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I feel you, and I as a fan think we are 1, but looking at it objectively on who we have beaten and their respective records, I think 6 is perfectly fine. Simms has us at 11!!!! Now that is ridiculous.

At this point in the season as long as we are in the top 8 I don't argue too much.

We will slowly rise everywhere except bleacher report.

raisethe3

Reaction score
When I saw the RAMS at #2?!

Dpv1c8

But in all seriousness, I think the Hawks should be no lower than #5. I would peg us at #4 currently imo.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I really don't see a team in the NFL we can't beat. Am I biased? Perhaps, but I just don't see how the Eagles or Rams are better than us. If anything, the Rams game shouldn't have been close. We dominated their offense relatively speaking..with 5 turnovers. And I like Carson Wentz, but I honestly think we'll own him

I would place us in top 4. The only team that would make me nervous are the Steelers and maybe the Texans if we had to play them again

253hawk

Reaction score
We're pretty much #6 across the board on all sites, except for BR...who bumped us from 18 to 11. Wow, thanks guys.