Samuel Gold - Film Room: Russell Wilson was a one man army

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Posting up Sam's film room review of Russ and co. versus the Texans on Sunday as the guy is producing some decent breakdowns.

[youtube]GdRT2KwN2gY[/youtube]

I think if Russ could have two throws back on the day, it's probably the end zone toss to Rawls and the INT. Interesting that Sam feels they weren't on Russ, or at least not wholly on him. The route that Richardson ran does appear to be pretty sloppy, but those are the types of routes/plays where the two need to be in-sync and read whether to go flat/skinny on the route. I believe Pete said the INT wasn't on RW, but I would place the blame on both of them. Russ could have moved on through the progressions as well.

Watching Rawls cut directly into pressure on the draw play has been a microcosm of his problems with vision and patience. I noticed on Sunday at least one other play where the left side of the line is absolutely stuffed, but the right side of the line has actually gotten some push and possibly opened some lanes - only for Rawls to run straight into the backs of the guys being dominated on the left. He's regularly been leaving yardage on the field, couple that with his mistakes with the chop block and not reeling in the TD pass and it's easy to understand why Lacy is likely to get the workload this week.

sutz

Reaction score
Nice breakdown. Thanks for linking! :2thumbs:

RussB

Reaction score
Wilson ate them alive on that drive lol. I cant believe they just played cover 3 with zero adjustments on consecutive plays.

DJrmb

Reaction score
These are really good, thanks for posting this.

Did anyone else think that the TD pass to Richardson was actually thrown to Doug but Richardson just happened to cross into the route at the perfect time? IDK that Russ actually saw Richardson streaking all the way across the field, but maybe he did. It kind of looks like Doug got a TD stolen by Richardson though like he did to Kearse before. Just glad it resulted in a TD either way!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
God, that run by Rawls. Did he have his eyes closed?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Amazing breakdown. Especially of our running game problems

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seanhawk":21h6amge said:
I know right? He was basically already in the hole when he jumped out of it into defenders :34853_doh:

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
DJrmb":yed5lowo said:

Did anyone else think that the TD pass to Richardson was actually thrown to Doug but Richardson just happened to cross into the route at the perfect time? IDK that Russ actually saw Richardson streaking all the way across the field, but maybe he did. It kind of looks like Doug got a TD stolen by Richardson though like he did to Kearse before. Just glad it resulted in a TD either way!

I said exactly that after the play. And it happened in the end zone right in front of me. Looked to me like Baldwin saw Richardson with a bead on it and broke his route deeper so he wouldn't collide with him. FWIW, my buddy disagreed and thought it was PRich all the way.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Russ killed it that Sunday and last Sunday vs NY. You can't expect 3+ TDs every Sunday but what a day.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wow, great breakdowns. Turns out this Wilson guy can do it all.
And as other people have mentioned, Rawls..........wow. Nice field vision. Brutal

mikeak

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":29x2a45a said:
DJrmb":29x2a45a said:

I said exactly that after the play. And it happened in the end zone right in front of me. Looked to me like Baldwin saw Richardson with a bead on it and broke his route deeper so he wouldn't collide with him. FWIW, my buddy disagreed and thought it was PRich all the way.

Yes. I thought it was underthrown to make sure no int (wouldn't be the first time) and ended up being perfect for a different receiver

ivotuk

Reaction score
DJrmb":2sao3pqm said:
Seanhawk":2sao3pqm said:
I know right? He was basically already in the hole when he jumped out of it into defenders :34853_doh:

ABSOLUTELY ridiculous! What was Thomas thinking? At the 4:00 minute mark, there's a huge hole right in the middle, directly in front of him, and he cuts right, right in to Ifedi and a tackler.

THAT, is why Eddie Lacy is starting Sunday. Along with dropped passes, a chop block, and outrunning the screen play.

Still, I want Rawls to get a game where he's the starter and just feed him the ball. I believe that will settle him down.

I was wondering if the PRich TD was for ADB, but looking at how low it's thrown, that's def. for PRich. There was little to no throwing window, and how DangerRuss made that throw, I have no clue. His decision making process is lightning quick!

massari

Reaction score
Can't wait to see how awesome he is with Brown in there Sunday and especially later in the season when Brown is in mid-season form.

Luke Willson's awareness on Russell Wilson's fumble was pretty huge.

erik2690

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2y7lcm0p said:
Russ could have moved on through the progressions as well.

Like in an ideal world sense? Cause he got hit right after release so on that play that isn't as much of a great possibility.

OP
OP
JGfromtheNW

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
erik2690":1eoyg75t said:
JGfromtheNW":1eoyg75t said:

Like in an ideal world sense? Cause he got hit right after release so on that play that isn't as much of a great possibility.

You're correct, I forgot that he was hit right after release. Taking a sack is almost always going to be a better alternative to throwing a pick, but everything ended up working out for the Hawks so no worries in the end.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
erik2690":24qq31jg said:
JGfromtheNW":24qq31jg said:

Meh, the INT probably won the game. Had we scored a TD there, the D probably gives up a game losing TD with very little time to spare.

erik2690

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2wvb1amb said:
erik2690":2wvb1amb said:
JGfromtheNW":2wvb1amb said:

You're correct, I forgot that he was hit right after release. Taking a sack is almost always going to be a better alternative to throwing a pick, but everything ended up working out for the Hawks so no worries in the end.

Well yeah he didn't think it was a pick on release obviously. I agree that it wasn't an optimal pass but in my mind the break not being sharp is what allows that to be a pick rather than maybe deflected and it's hard to know that break won't be sharp at the time of release. Definitely on both of them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seanhawk":119wo8kq said:
erik2690":119wo8kq said:
JGfromtheNW":119wo8kq said:

Meh, the INT probably won the game. Had we scored a TD there, the D probably gives up a game losing TD with very little time to spare.
LOL, so true. I was thinking the exact same thing after the game.

evergreen

Reaction score
I thought that when it happened. Had we scored they would've been aggressive and we couldn't stop them. Who knows if we get the ball back with 21 seconds or not. Plus hardly anyone mentioned that with 21 seconds and two time outs left it was far from over. Chicago anyone? Or NFCCG? Clarks sack was huge.