DO NOT MAKE EXCUSES!!

johnnyfever

Reaction score
This was not a "trap" game, we just had absolutely horrid playcalling, Russ was off, Jimmy was off, defense was off, and Walsh should be fired.

Am I of sound mind right now? No, but pretty sure the things above will still be true on Tuesday.

Lost at home to the completely depleted Redskins. Let that sink in.

On to the cards, let's see what they do. Probably no changes or adjustments.

Edit: by staff

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
We finally found something on offense that worked and our coaches ran from it like it was the plague.

Can't win with these coaches. Can't do it.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Legitimate criticism for the offensive gameplan and playcalling for three quarters today. Inexcusable to stick with a non existing running game just because they said they would and go back to just deep routes. Redskins showed their hand early and the coaching staff did nothing to adjust to constant pressure until late. Sickening watching this team revert to the offense they "think" they are every week only to look like world beaters when they play to their strengths.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Washington's D played lights out. You could tell they was playing with a chip on their shoulders. Our D was playing well except for the last series.
We simply got out coached today. Yeah Walsh miss 3 field goals. We took the lead with 1:39 left. Washington went 70 yards in 30+seconds to regain the lead.
Wilson should have spiked the ball with about 20 seconds left. Instead he gives up a sack? Right there was the game.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Exittium

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1tfigbqj said:
We finally found something on offense that worked and our coaches ran from it like it was the plague.

Can't win with these coaches. Can't do it.
This is the only thing that they've kept consistent on and that's running away from or changing WHAT WORKS

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Where to begin...
- Defense without ET is vulnerable to big plays. I thought the defense played ok. Lots of missed opportunities for drive killing plays including a few INTs that got away. That last drive by the Skins made them look bad but that situation should never have come about.
- Running game started out somewhat productive (maybe we should call it "just below average") and quickly declined once Lacy went out.
- Walsh missed 3 FGs. One could also agrue his full impact cost us 11 points. Can't guarantee they kick the XPs on the TDs, but hey can't guarantee they don't. I really expect him to be cut by midday Monday but won't be surprised if he is here next week.
- Wilson was anything but accurate. Looked to me like he was just not there. The pressure made him unravel. Underthrown passes and overthrown passes were the flavor when he did have time. His MVP candidacy sure was short lived
- The play calling was, well, all Bevelled up. No need to go too far with this as we all know it's not going to change because he will not be replaced.
- 16 Penalties for 138 yards. Absolutely inexcusable.
- Josh Norman is a Suh-like DB. The dude takes a lot of cheapshots.
- Zach Brown was allowed to do whatever the hell he pleased. The guy had an extremely good game.
- After last weeks Defensive collapse we all thought the D would bounce back and pitch a redemption game. Close, but who knew the Offemse would redeem themselves back to week one?

My expectations for this season is now a lot less than when it started. Thursday is probably going to hurt.
I guess that's it.

White Devil

Reaction score
The offense is a gimmick.

It relies on broken plays.

If they play a defense that plays disciplined, they get shut down.

That's exactly what happened today.

Anthony!

Reaction score
mistaowen":1h9kw5mf said:
Legitimate criticism for the offensive gameplan and playcalling for three quarters today. Inexcusable to stick with a non existing running game just because they said they would and go back to just deep routes. Redskins showed their hand early and the coaching staff did nothing to adjust to constant pressure until late. Sickening watching this team revert to the offense they "think" they are every week only to look like world beaters when they play to their strengths.

This is spot on, but typical, remember in the PLayoffs in 2015 The passing game was on a role, then Minny we went back to run, then Carolina we went back to the run first for a half and by the time we started going back to what was working it was to late.

adeltaY

Reaction score
White Devil":37kq9ac7 said:
The offense is a gimmick.

It relies on broken plays.

If they play a defense that plays disciplined, they get shut down.

That's exactly what happened today.

EXACTLY. If we face a team with a strong DL and a disciplined secondary, our offense gets shut down. We're out here relying on Russ to be incredible every week, which isn't feasible. There is no run game to take pressure off him. There is barely any scheming to give him quick, easy throws to get in rhythm.

minormillikin

Reaction score
It was a "trap game," and you just explained how. Crappy, but not terrible, team comes to Seahawks' house, Seahawks waited too long to take it seriously. So busy basking in their higher power rankings, they forgot about the NFL team on the other side of the ball.

soje

Reaction score
The Seahawks being outcoached has been happening a lot this season.

HawaiiD":3c1s5ds4 said:
Washington's D played lights out. You could tell they was playing with a chip on their shoulders. Our D was playing well except for the last series.
We simply got out coached today. Yeah Walsh miss 3 field goals. We took the lead with 1:39 left. Washington went 70 yards in 30+seconds to regain the lead.
Wilson should have spiked the ball with about 20 seconds left. Instead he gives up a sack? Right there was the game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
soje":3aen495x said:
The Seahawks being outcoached has been happening a lot this season.

HawaiiD":3aen495x said:

If I was a D-coord I would love to go against a Darrell Bevell offense, you can outcoach him by just showing up.
The guy is so bad he can’t even get a college head coaching job.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Pete needs to hold people accountable or this season is over.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Well, i called this one. GD sometimes i really hate being right.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140139

Though in all fairness after last week i called a big hawks victory in Aros' thread.

Jeesh this team is jekyll and Hyde too damn much.