The Difference is Staggering

adeltaY

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/MarkBullockNFL/stat ... 4909613057

"Seahawks have a first-round pick at RT, three-time Pro Bowler at LT, second-round pick at G, and second-round pick at C. This is coaching."

"Meanwhile the Redskins had their third-string LT, a FA LG, sixth-round C, UDFA RG, third-round RT. Bill Callahan vs Tom Cable"

I understand the pass rush destroyed their line but damn. The difference in draft capital, whether spent by us or someone else and the production is mind-boggling.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
adeltaY":2a167egt said:
https://twitter.com/MarkBullockNFL/status/927339884909613057

"Seahawks have a first-round pick at RT, three-time Pro Bowler at LT, second-round pick at G, and second-round pick at C. This is coaching."

"Meanwhile the Redskins had their third-string LT, a FA LG, sixth-round C, UDFA RG, third-round RT. Bill Callahan vs Tom Cable"

I understand the pass rush destroyed their line but damn. The difference in draft capital, whether spent by us or someone else and the production is mind-boggling.

It's a coaching problem.

Exittium

Reaction score
This is for sure a coaching issue. Yes Cousins was sacked, but the times we wasn't he still has time to make his reads and make plays. Ours did not. Ours had penalties, lost yardage in key areas and overall imo looked worse this week than last

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
adeltaY":3p4lffrz said:

I know the announcers kept harping at it but the Redskins were mostly getting pressure with a 4 man pass rush. Now pressure doesn't mean RW shouldn't have been making plays. Remember, up until the last play Washington had 1 sack.
The problem with our offense was of course penalties but Washington's coverage was stifling. They had the pefect coverage throughout most of the game. RW doesn't usually throw too many picks, especially dim witted ones. He had 2 today.

Also our D had 6 sacks. But yeah, at least today, coaching.

chris98251

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":9jh6d8f9 said:
adeltaY":9jh6d8f9 said:

I know the announcers kept harping at it but the Redskins were mostly getting pressure with a 4 man pass rush. Now pressure doesn't mean RW shouldn't have been making plays. Remember, up until the last play Washington had 1 sack.
The problem with our offense was of course penalties but Washington's coverage was stifling. They had the pefect coverage throughout most of the game. RW doesn't usually throw too many picks, especially dim witted ones. He had 2 today.

Pretty easy to defend go routes all day, when you don't have crossing and sideline or seam routes.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
I do think our OL outperformed their OL, but damn it shouldn't have been close! 3/5 of their starters were out and I believe another got injured during the game? It should've been a Tampa D vs our OL type of performance from our DL vs their OL.

mistaowen

Reaction score
chris98251":3q0fhxxn said:
seahawkfreak":3q0fhxxn said:
adeltaY":3q0fhxxn said:

Pretty easy to defend go routes all day, when you don't have crossing and sideline or seam routes.

3rd and 3.....Bevell grins as he dials up yet another 5 wide all go route. "We will catch them off guard this time."

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
chris98251":101vi2k1 said:
seahawkfreak":101vi2k1 said:
adeltaY":101vi2k1 said:

Good point. Washington also wasn't letting us get away with huck and chuck cheap jump balls either.

LolaRox

Reaction score
adeltaY":1esfo0f3 said:

Actually it's not that mind boggling how they got here. They have failed at identifying, developing and coaching the OL. They have spent high draft capital on it since Pete has been here with pretty much the same results. Cable has been getting praise he has not earned or deserves. He should have been fired 2 years ago.