A positive thought.....Bobby Wagner

mistaowen

Reaction score
What a game and season he's having. Hard to argue he isn't one of the top 3 LB's in the NFL. He was all over the field making plays. Redskins are a great screen pass team and he destroyed their plans on the very first try.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Agreed. Bobby was lights out. He has to be one of the most underrated players in the league.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Top 3? There’s no debate him and Kuechley are the best two in the league by far. Personally I think he’s the best.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I don't know that he's underrated anymore. Recent articles suggest he's in the conversation for best LB of his generation.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Steve2222":1p8ddf83 said:
Top 3? There’s no debate him and Kuechley are the best two in the league by far. Personally I think he’s the best.
Basically it's a matter of time before the truth is known to all. He's the next Seau.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3hsfck58 said:
Steve2222":3hsfck58 said:
Basically it's a matter of time before the truth is known to all. He's the next Seau.

Huh. He does play like him doesn't he. Good eye.

anthony4r

Reaction score
Outside of Wagner, linebacker play seems to be down this year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
anthony4r":13smeamj said:
Outside of Wagner, linebacker play seems to be down this year.
I disagree... KJ has been playing lights out as well.

What's different, imo, is the lack of plays by Kam. Where is he?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wags is a legitimate defensive MVP candidate. He's not popular enough around the league to get it, but he deserves it.

THE TABS

Reaction score
This is probably the best interior d-line we’ve had since Carroll has been here (Richardson, Reed, and Jones), and Wagner has benefited from it big time. Right now, it’s no debate; he is DPOY.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I love, love, love Bobby Wagner! I'd say he's in the running for DPOY, but I'd give it to Calais Campbell right now. The dude is on pace for 22 sacks and is doing that at 31 years old.

sutz

Reaction score
vin.couve12":tzdj7jep said:
Steve2222":tzdj7jep said:
Actually, he's the next Lofa Tatupu. ;)

Or at least what Lofa could have been if not for injury and loss of protection by the DL in front of him. Lofa was great but his career was shorter than it should have been.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
sutz":21r53ue4 said:
vin.couve12":21r53ue4 said:
Steve2222":21r53ue4 said:
Actually, he's the next Lofa Tatupu. ;)

Or at least what Lofa could have been if not for injury and loss of protection by the DL in front of him. Lofa was great but his career was shorter than it should have been.

Surprisingly both of their first 3 years were similar in stats. More unexpected was Lofa was actually bigger than Bobby. Wags is faster though. Tatupu didn't have a season like Bobby did last year and Lofa really dropped off his 4th season. As you stated could be reasons for that. Both started of fast but Bobby has only improved after his 3rd season LT started dropping. Still a good comparison though.

NINEster

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1j0fqlrb said:
I don't know that he's underrated anymore. Recent articles suggest he's in the conversation for best LB of his generation.

Since 2012?

Not clear cut better than Luke, Patrick, Navorro.

And that's being generous.

He's the best now because Luke has gotten injured a bit, Patrick retired, and Navorro was annihilated in the playoffs.

So 2016/2017 onwards, yeah...best.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
NINEster":83wguqw3 said:
vin.couve12":83wguqw3 said:

Since 2012?

Not clear cut better than Luke, Patrick, Navorro.

And that's being generous.

He's the best now because Luke has gotten injured a bit, Patrick retired, and Navorro was annihilated in the playoffs.

So 2016/2017 onwards, yeah...best.

I HAD been vocal about Bowman being the 1b to Wagner's 1a, but he fell off. Both Keuchly and Willis were never and never will be as strong at the POA as Wagner and Bowman. That's why Willis played on the weak side of the formation when Bowman got there. And Keuchly? Dude is allergic to blockers with his t rex arms and light frame. He's a coverage LB and his greatness was drastically overstated. THAT has more to do with NFL clientele than actual football play. He's one of the single best COVERAGE backers, but clearly not the best overall.