Bevell's Fireable Offense(s)

falcongoggles

Reaction score
We all know Walsh missing all three field goals was a fireable offense. I was at the Arizona game last year when Seattle got completely manhandled for 58 minutes and then had a chance to win with a chip shot. Haus money misses it and the rest is history. In the presser PC said that Hauschka had to make those kicks.

With all that said, I think the biggest fireable offense on this team I've seen today happened on the 2-point conversion. Bevell called up almost the same play as the superbowl. What happens? THE SAME EXACT THING. The route gets jumped, the ball is picked and almost gets taken back for 2 points the other way. This is after Wilson gets picked throwing another slant that is almost identical to the Super Bowl play just a quarter earlier. The fact that they went to that play two times and were intercepted both times...FIRE BEVELL.

Let me know what other things are fireable offenses in your opinion (mishandling Jimmy has to be there as well)

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I say give him an extension for being the winningest OC in Hawks history.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I've got another fireable offense and this one is on Cable. The Redskins rush ONE lineman on the last play of the game...ONE...and Wilson still almost takes the sack. What does that say about the state of the offensive line?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He won precious few of those games.

The Hawks defense did.

His offenses have been in the bottom third of the league for a few years now.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
He's done his part to make the Hawks one of the best teams in the league the past 6 years and one poor showing at home doesn't diminish that.

Seymour

Reaction score
falcongoggles":14rhs6r7 said:
I've got another fireable offense and this one is on Cable. The Redskins rush ONE lineman on the last play of the game...ONE...and Wilson still almost takes the sack. What does that say about the state of the offensive line?

It says what I've been saying 2 years now. Ifedi sucks and Cable will ride him to our grave.

edogg23

Reaction score
How about the fact that they don’t appear to be running an actual offense unless you count Wilson dropping back, holding the ball while he can’t seem to find anyone open and then run for his life while the scramble drill ensues. It’s pathetic.
Or how about last week when they seemed to run every running play at Clowney.

getnasty

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3gfja127 said:
We all know Walsh missing all three field goals was a fireable offense. I was at the Arizona game last year when Seattle got completely manhandled for 58 minutes and then had a chance to win with a chip shot. Haus money misses it and the rest is history. In the presser PC said that Hauschka had to make those kicks.

With all that said, I think the biggest fireable offense on this team I've seen today happened on the 2-point conversion. Bevell called up almost the same play as the superbowl. What happens? THE SAME EXACT THING. The route gets jumped, the ball is picked and almost gets taken back for 2 points the other way. This is after Wilson gets picked throwing another slant that is almost identical to the Super Bowl play just a quarter earlier. The fact that they went to that play two times and were intercepted both times...FIRE BEVELL.

Let me know what other things are fireable offenses in your opinion (mishandling Jimmy has to be there as well)

My question to you is does Russell have to throw to that option? I mean you have 5 options and chooses Mckissic on the slant as the best one before he even snaps the ball.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
falcongoggles":114pkfny said:

The “second and wrong” in XLIX was a fireable offense. If they would have taken that action (see termination) after that game, this team would have won many more games since and have very few problems. Pissing away entire first halves of games (today it was 3 quarters) scoring 7 or less offensive points just about every game should be a fireable offense.

What does this clown offensive coaching staff do all week?? They certainly are not gameplanning.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Just because of the magnitude of the result, that play should have been removed from the playbook after XLIX.

adeltaY

Reaction score
The playcalling was definitely part of the problem today. Coaches trying to push a philosophy the players aren't suited to carrying out well.

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":2e4dhgyc said:
falcongoggles":2e4dhgyc said:

My question to you is does Russell have to throw to that option? I mean you have 5 options and chooses Mckissic on the slant as the best one before he even snaps the ball.

actually yes as that is a timing slant and he pretty much has to throw it.

getnasty

Reaction score
Seymour":3ck9iblc said:
falcongoggles":3ck9iblc said:

It says what I've been saying 2 years now. Ifedi sucks and Cable will ride him to our grave.

It sucks to go through growing pains but if we just gave up on guys like Ifedi we wouldn't have found the Swezzys and Britts of the world.

edogg23

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":vrhl4coz said:
Let’s go get Carpenter back on the team, he was on the Super Bowl team.

getnasty

Reaction score
Anthony!":3e3w9qcb said:
getnasty":3e3w9qcb said:
falcongoggles":3e3w9qcb said:

So if you saying Russell's only option as he surveys the field is to throw the slant to Mckissic then I say off with Bevells head. My guess though is Russ gets to the line can has the option to throw the ball where ever he want and can change the play if he wants but instead threw the ball Mckissic which was the wrong choice.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
edogg23":23ws3alk said:
Siouxhawk":23ws3alk said:
Let’s go get Carpenter back on the team, he was on the Super Bowl team.
Is he even in the league anymore?

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":kfxqjrwc said:
Anthony!":kfxqjrwc said:
getnasty":kfxqjrwc said:
falcongoggles":kfxqjrwc said:

So if you saying Russell's only option as he surveys the field is to throw the slant to Mckissic then I say off with Bevells head. My guess though is Russ gets to the line can has the option to throw the ball where ever he want and can change the play if he wants but instead threw the ball Mckissic which was the wrong choice.

nope we went through this in the SB loss and Huard broke it down those are timing patterns were he has to throw it. They are mean to get the ball out quick. So I will go with off with Bevells head for $1million, oh and there was suppose to be a pick that never happened

LolaRox

Reaction score
How 'bout his offense consistently being in the bottom half of the league for Red Zone TD % with no significant improvement year to year.

getnasty

Reaction score
Anthony!":2jdl2pu8 said:
getnasty":2jdl2pu8 said:
Anthony!":2jdl2pu8 said:
getnasty":2jdl2pu8 said:

nope we went through this in the SB loss and Huard broke it down those are timing patterns were he has to throw it. They are mean to get the ball out quick. So I will go with off with Bevells head for $1million, oh and there was suppose to be a pick that never happened

5 options and the only one the matters is Mckissic

Latest posts