Our run game

Anthony!

Reaction score
So anyone who thinks we ran the ball well today is kidding themselves.

we were 28 for 148, however, 77 came from our QB. so we are left with 18 for 71. However 25 of those came on 3 carries. So that means for most of our run game we were 15 for 46 for 3 ypa which is not good.

mort

Reaction score
Not at at all well... just better than last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
mort":346454nj said:

true but our rbs were avg 3.16 ypa carry this year so it is a step back and either way not good

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Anthony!":325oerto said:
mort":325oerto said:

true but our rbs were avg 3.16 ypa carry this year so it is a step back and either way not good

Does make us last in the league?

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":20t50vkg said:
Anthony!":20t50vkg said:
mort":20t50vkg said:

Does make us last in the league?

pretty sure but would need to go to very team remove all none RBS yards and attempts and that is alot of work. We are 27th with our QB and other none Rbs so I will say yes since other than Carolins the other teams have immobile QBs. So we are either last or 2nd to last

chris98251

Reaction score
Our run game started to gain a bit more footing when Rawls stepped in, it was only a few series before we completely went away for it again, however he looked decisive for the most part, cut and runs versus dancing and then trying to go forward.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":2daazqua said:
Our run game started to gain a bit more footing when Rawls stepped in, it was only a few series before we completely went away for it again, however he looked decisive for the most part, cut and runs versus dancing and then trying to go forward.

agreed however he also missed a few holes, but going in thr right direction. My fear though is our desire to push the run game is going to make it harder for our pass game t get into rythym. I would prefer getting the pass game into rythym, and sprinkle in the run and then use the run to close it out.

tersal

Reaction score
Anthony!":8hegonv1 said:

we were 28 for 148, however, 77 came from our QB. so we are left with 18 for 71. However 25 of those came on 3 carries. So that means for most of our run game we were 15 for 46 for 3 ypa which is not good.
An improvement from 17 carries for 3 yards against Houston. Both Rawls and McKissic looked more impressive than Lacy. Time for Lacy to go the way of Percy Harvin. The team can only become an elite team when the running game comes together.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I thought Rawls had a few nice runs that gave me hope. The run blocking from the LT position was obviously greatly improved.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I don't like to see anyone get hurt, but Lacy's injury allowed Rawls to demonstrate he's close to 100%. But I can't believe Lacy had kept the starting job, he has run like a fat, slow pile of bricks most of the time. Very odd why the coaches kept putting him in there, it's as if they think the Alabama version of Lacy might still exist deep down.

Rawls, coupled with McKissick on passing downs was effective yesterday. Hope they stick with that rotation, regardless of Lacy's injury status.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Tusc2000":fhnqqt6f said:
I don't like to see anyone get hurt, but Lacy's injury allowed Rawls to demonstrate he's close to 100%. But I can't believe Lacy had kept the starting job, he has run like a fat, slow pile of bricks most of the time. Very odd why the coaches kept putting him in there, it's as if they think the Alabama version of Lacy might still exist deep down.

Rawls, coupled with McKissick on passing downs was effective yesterday. Hope they stick with that rotation, regardless of Lacy's injury status.

Same Lacy, different team. Cut him. Rawls is much better anyway.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Weird way to arrange stats to make them fit a narrative every team will have longer runs mixed into the mix they don't throw them out. The run game improved significantly week to week and hopefully it continues.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
:ditto:
homerun1970":2o1739kp said:
Weird way to arrange stats to make them fit a narrative every team will have longer runs mixed into the mix they don't throw them out. The run game improved significantly week to week and hopefully it continues.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty obvious that our running game was finally back again. Lacey, Rawls, and McKissick we’re all three able to find the gap’s that they’ve been looking for since 2014 in the O-line, and that have been nonexistent all the while. What baffles the hell out of me, is why, when we knew that the running game was the formula that beat the Redskins, the Cowboys proved that the week before with only 150 yards passing, and then ran, ran, ran the rest of the game and easily beat the Redskins, did the Seahawks abandon the run game, a battle that the Redskins were clearly loosing, and instead opted to go almost exclusively to the only hope the Redskins had to defeat us, our passing game?

The rest is history. I’m not dismissing the failures of Walsh’s 3 missed field goal attempts, or our Defenses failure to hold the score when they needed to, I cut them lots of slack because of Earl and Sheldon’s absences. We all know how much Earl’s absence effects the defenses production, and now we also know how much of an impact Sheldon has as well, if we didn’t already. I was so hoping Sheldon might make it back by game time, thinking he might compensate enough for Earl to get us thru this one.

I really blame Darrell for abandoning the run game, when it was clearly working for us, and sending in plays with no RB in the back field to even try to keep the Redskins honest, and open up the passing game for us. I also, had to ask myself where Pete was/is with all of it. Pete clearly loves the run game and has been trying desperately to restore it to our offenses strategy, and when he finally succeeded in restoring it he stands by and let’s Darrell abandon it, knowing full well it was the key to our beating the Redskins.

Maybe they know something we all don’t, maybe Rawls was injured too and they didn’t want to tell everyone, I didn’t see any evidence of it, he was on fire, kicking arses and taking names. All I have to say at the end of this one, is that Darrell and Pete got some splaining to do to all of us, and most importantly to their team who got their butts handed to them unnecessarily in my humble opinion.

I’m almost always the first to jump out there in defense of Bevell and Pete, but not this time, they need to take a really hard look at what happen here, and I hate to say it, but Pete may have to make some really tough decisions if he wants to spend the rest of his working years as the head coach of the Seahawks.

If Darrell is allowed to call a few more games like he did this one, the home office is going to insist that something or someone changes to correct things and not see any repeats of what they saw this Sunday. We need to learn from this one, make adjustments and put it behind us, can’t take it back. We have another game this Thursday night, I sure hope the real Seahawks show up to play this one.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Anthony!":ycspk4yi said:

So in other words you're saying our running backs averaged 3.94 YPC

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hendo66":316cy1dl said:
Looked serviceable and then they abandoned the run.

We didn't abandon the run, it's hard to run when it's 2nd and 3rd and 15 cause your O-line can't go four plays without committing a stupid penalty.

Mindsink

Reaction score
Anthony!":3lhk1b5b said:
18 for 71. However 25 of those came on 3 carries. So that means for most of our run game we were 15 for 46 for 3 ypa which is not good.

Our run game looked the best it has in weeks. You can cherry-pick and omit the nice runs from any rushing performance to make it look bad. 18 for 71 yards is 3.94 ypc, which is pretty decent.

I don't understand why we went away from the run when we were always within one score, and the running game was actually working for a change. At least keep a RB in the backfield to keep the defense honest. Instead, we ran too many plays out of empty sets on 1st and 2nd downs which is basically showing your hand. I just don't understand the strategy there.

2_0_6

Reaction score
You know the coaches are in desperation mode when you have your $2o million dollar QB continually running the read option for the first time in a season or so just to get some yards on the ground. This offense is broken, and unfortunately sometimes things need to completely break before they are replaced.

You can take a turd, roll it in sugar, add some sprinkles and whipped cream but at the end of the day its still a turd.