Keeping it positive 5-3 is not a bad record .

tersal

Reaction score
Yes the loss to an inferior team is disappointing yet I have confidence in the team . Some issues to work out of course they will figure it out.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Not out of contention, but the Rams are on top of the division. There are some tough games coming up too though, and I have a hard time believing we will win out. Be fortunate to get a wild card spot

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Redskins are not great. Not sure about 'inferior'. They beat us in our house.

We are good team.

We have not been great for several years.

And, as Bill Parcells said - You are what your record says you are. We played like a 5-3 team, if not a 5-4.

The days of being unbeatable at home are over. We need to lower expectations a bit.

Seymour

Reaction score
...if you think you can accomplish your goals on the road in January. :2thumbs:

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
True, 5-3 is not a bad record. At this point it is also not a good enough record to get us into the playoffs (we're currently ranked 7th in the NFC). Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

mistaowen

Reaction score
On the outside looking in for the playoffs currently. Definitely early but these are games the team should win with confidence at home, something to be concerned about.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
But this is also considering a relatively easy schedule thus far.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
A lot always changes in the second half of the season. On top of that, the last 3-4 games of the year always end up changing the landscape. You might not believe it, but 13-3 or even 12-4 can still net a 1 seed. If it's a 2 then boo hoo. Make it work anyway.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
A better name for this thread would be keeping things in perspective.

Were midway through the season and we just suffered a humiliating loss with visible problems on every part of the team.

However as many of us old time fans now it's much more about how you're playing at the end of the season versus how you're playing at the midway point.

You must have a run game to go on the road and win in January.

I will also say the current offensive scheme of not knowing what were doing or guessing on plays and having Russell Wilson take 5 second plus reads on long developing passing plays will not work.

There has to be some visible rhythm come the next few months or we are going to suffer another blowout loss on the road.

Just saying whats going to happen. There isn't many teams more talented than us but playing up to that talent and potential has seemingly been a problem for a few years now.

It first starts with eliminating penalties which is a coaching thing. Given Pete's stubbornness, it's hard for me to really get convinced that anything will be changed by then, I hope it is, but seeing is believing.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Should we not make the Playoffs....can we change coaching? I can think of at least two gentlemen who should be sent packing.

Seymour

Reaction score
One reason Bevell is not going anywhere is because Bevell is doing what Pete wants more then Bevell is doing what Bevell wants. Pete will likely need to go down with Bevell and Cable in tow.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Seymour":3t9fs3yf said:
One reason Bevell is not going anywhere is because Bevell is doing what Pete wants more then Bevell is doing what Bevell wants. Pete will likely need to go down with Bevell and Cable in tow.

I'm of the opinion that Mr. Paul G. Allen needs to call John Schneider and Pete into his office and place some demands on the table.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
They look like a 10-6 team that will probably lose on the road in the WC or division round again. 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago, that was okay. We all know this team's window is closing pretty soon, so that's not good enough right now. It seems like they're trying to go all in for another run, but this was a big bump in the road.

Hopefully they take care of business and can get to 11-5 and maybe a 2 seed. AZ has Drew Stanton as qb, so that ought to be a win for sure.

stang233

Reaction score
Home field is lost. Season is over. No point in it now it was SB or bust.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
fire_marshall_bill":1303j4iu said:
Hopefully they take care of business and can get to 11-5 and maybe a 2 seed. AZ has Drew Stanton as qb, so that ought to be a win for sure.

And the Redskins were down to a 4th string O-lineman today. There are no "wins for sure".

chris98251

Reaction score
Not bad if your up and coming, but as division champs with Super Bowl plans not awe inspiring.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The Seahawks are pretenders. SB teams dont lose games like we did yesterday.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
At 5-3, the door is still wide open for a deep playoff run. If you can't see that, you just haven't been paying attention or believe the sky is falling every time we encounter a rare loss. We still control our own destiny against the Rams, at home no less. A few minor tweaks and there's no doubt in my mind that we could be playing for the big prize in Minny.