Last redskins "catch"

redhawk253

Reaction score
Am i the only one that thought that was a complete trap job? Announcers said he had both hands under it.. umm no his hands whiffed completely.. went to his chest and the nose of the football dug into the turf... terrible.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

TwilightError

Reaction score
Well, that did happen. But who knows what is a catch on this league anymore..

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was also clearly another in a series of horrible D play calling with the game on the line. Richard has done this many times. Press coverage when you are up 4 with a minute and a half? Pathetic

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
If I were Coach Carroll I'd be much more concerned that my star rookie corner didn't know that you have to touch the receiver down.

2_0_6

Reaction score
It was a great catch, but Shaq looked like he thought the pass was going to fall incomplete and gave up on the route

classicaaron

Reaction score
as much as I wish it wasn't a catch, it was most certainly a catch and not even debatable. not sure what you were looking at honestly.

pmedic920

Reaction score
There was a time, long ago, that if the ball touched the ground it wasn’t a catch.

That time has passed.

Was a catch, as much as we all hated it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And in reality, doesn't matter, he shouldn't have been allowed to get behind our D, they deserve to lose with that D they threw out there at the end.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Yeah, it definitely appeared as if the ground ended up helping him secure the ball. I was disappointed it was not overturned, but much more so in Griffins play. He has been absolute toast lately, taking some serious rookie lumps.

Seymour

Reaction score
Catch.
Rookie folded up camp and gave up on the play (even though he had good coverage prior).
His head was somewhere else on that play, and that can cost you games when you play Russian roulette every week.

Slick

Reaction score
Catch was legit. I agree with the national pundits and posters here - Shaq could have maintained a 1/2 step distance had he not assumed the ball was overthrown. Lesson learned.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":p8vjgac6 said:
If I were Coach Carroll I'd be much more concerned that my star rookie corner didn't know that you have to touch the receiver down.

I would be more made that McDougal didn't let him in. It cost us our last Timeout which cost us the game. I'm glad Shaq didn't touch him, too bad he didn't get in. With over a minute to play and 1 timeout we most likely would have won.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I’ll catch lots of blowback for saying this, but there was one camera angle, looking across the field from behind the end zone, that showed the ball clearly hit the ground and bounce back up into the receivers chest and cradled arms as he came down on it. From every other angle it looked every bit like a legit catch, I’m guessing the deciders didn’t see that one replay I saw.

I keep looking for someone to post it and validate that I’m not just some wishful thinking head case. I’m a good sport and will give it up when I see its legit, I truly expected the ref to rule it a trap ball catch, which in my assessment it was. Had they called it that way, we might have gone on to win this one, but no matter how it ended this was the ugliest game I’ve watched the Seahawks play in a really long time.

I hope we got it out of our system, learn what we can from it and go on to win another shot at the Super Bowl this season, and don’t let it poison our team with all kinds of blame and frustration, which it could easily do if everyone doesn’t just man up and own what went wrong and look for ways to correct those things that hurt us in this one.

Go Seahawks!

renofox

Reaction score
pacific101":7pnoz7af said:
I’ll catch lots of blowback for saying this, but there was one camera angle, looking across the field from behind the end zone, that showed the ball clearly hit the ground and bounce back up into the receivers chest and cradled arms as he came down on it.

I agree that the broadcast showed one angle, one time, that showed a clear trap, not a catch. Announcers talked right over it without addressing it and that angle was never shown again and I can't find it anywhere. If anyone has this game on DVR it would be nice to know if they see the same thing or if I am mistaken, but I'm about 99% sure that the sideline angle showed no catch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty frustrating as at the game, it did look like it hit the ground. But I still feel like it's a non-factor, there was zero excuse for him being open like that.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I remember the angle where it showed the ball hitting the ground. The announcers (who were horrible btw) kept saying it was a clear catch. It wasn't. The receiver caught the sides of the ball while the nose touched the ground. Only one angle showed it and I believe that the announcers were so clearly biased towards Washington that they chose not to acknowledge it.

belyea98

Reaction score
refs didn't miss any of the 16 penalties we committed. they should have looked at that one a little closer. nose of the ball DEFINITELY hit the ground.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't change the fact that they had no business being in that defense. Richard magically gets no flack for his brutal late game play calling. Yet again